• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Ledsen

Does anyone else play without using almost any humanity? I've kindled a couple of bonfires and co-op:ed the Gargoyles (huge mistake, felt like cheating), but other than that I'm constantly Hollow.

Does anyone else play without using almost any humanity? I've kindled a couple of bonfires and co-op:ed the Gargoyles (huge mistake, felt like cheating), but other than that I'm constantly Hollow.

The only times I'm not hollow are when I kindle bonfires or defeat a boss. I'm just trying to complete the game right now, and in my second playthrough I may focus on humanity for invasions.

upandaway

I'm where goldsoundz is and if I didn't spend any humanity for the Chaos Servant, I'd have 35 humanities right now (I have 25), and I kindled every bonfire aside from the one inside Anor Londo castle. I usually get lucky with 1 humanity in the counter between bonfires so I only have to waste 1 to kindle.

I made so much progress yesterday in first playthrough of Dark Souls. I started off at the knight archer part of Anor Londo and finally cleared it after about 10 deaths. Then I proceeded to beat
Smough & Ornstein
on the first try. I didn't watch any videos or read any walkthroughs, as I want this to be a completely fresh and nerve-wracking experience.

After that I headed off to New Londo and was killed by
ghosts
a handful of times while figuring out the area. I finally reached the
Abyss
. What an incredible moment in this game. Aesthetically, the areas in this game progressively become more and more bleak. This is where that comes to a head. I jumped in without a certain required item and died immediately. When I finally made it to the bottom alive it was no less horrifying. People talk about the sensation from falling to your death in Mirror's Edge, but in this game it just made me want to vomit and cry. Somebody turn on the fucking lights, please! Anyways, that moment really impressed me. What a sickeningly beautiful game.

After my botched attempt to reach the
Abyss
I headed off to fight the keeper of the item I needed to make my descent.
Sif
was pretty easy, with me not having to use many Estus Flasks at all.

Back to New Londo! Having shortcuts available made my trip back to the
Abyss
easy. The destination was much more of a challenge than the journey there. My mind was so full of fuck at this point. A blurred figure stood in the blackness. This is one of the
Four Kings
that I've heard so much about. If I ever wanted to cry playing a video game, this would be the moment. Total darkness, and a horrifying, sinewy creature slowly nearing me. And there would be more, as I would have suspected with a boss named
Four Kings
. I entered the battle with eight +4 Estus flasks and left with none, but managed to survive the fight thanks to Havel's set and a large pool of stamina. By the end of the fight I was shaking, still having no earthly idea as to what the fuck was happening.

Then the bunny man appeared and began to further blow my mind with Dark Soul's trademarked cryptic NPC monologues. I placed the
Lordvessel
, headed towards the Duke's Archives, and decided that was enough Dark Souls for one day. In the Xbox version I had made it up to Sen's Fortress before giving up with what I believed to be a severely underpowered character. So this playthrough on PC I have gone all-in as a tank with (most of) Havel's set. I'm looking forward to going back to hell tonight.

SPOILER IMAGE BELOW (after the
Abyss
):

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS
Hmm.. that's way different from what I had. I guess it's the alternate ending thing I heard about?

upandaway

Not quite, Kaathe will only appear if you didn't speak with Frampt (the one at the Firelink Shrine) after acquiring the Lordvessel.
Yeah.. Kaathe. I was sure I heard something about
talking to him and branching off from the "normal" ending,
that's not it?

Akito

Yeah.. Kaathe. I was sure I heard something about
talking to him and branching off from the "normal" ending,
that's not it?
To a certain extent, he will give you a little more insight to the background story. One of the two endings will make more sense that way but you can still choose between them right after the fight against the final boss.

You get more bang for your buck by spending souls on upgrades (esp. weapon) than on levels.

There's nothing that can't be beaten at level 1 if you're prepared correctly; if anything ever seems harder than it has to be, you're taking the wrong approach.

Master the basics to master the game. Learn to parry, learn to kick, learn your weapons' movesets, know how fast your weapon swings and what its range is.

Take your time. Don't consult a guide or walkthrough-- I don't just say that so you get "the real experience" of Dark Souls, I say it because you'll do much better if you learn to pay attention and take things deliberately. Dark Souls isn't really a hard game-- the greatest enemy is yourself.

Thanks for the advice guys.

I'm about to start it proper now. I really hope I like it (I already know I probably will.)

Sullichin

I made so much progress yesterday in first playthrough of Dark Souls. I started off at the knight archer part of Anor Londo and finally cleared it after about 10 deaths. Then I proceeded to beat
Smough & Ornstein
on the first try. I didn't watch any videos or read any walkthroughs, as I want this to be a completely fresh and nerve-wracking experience.

After that I headed off to New Londo and was killed by
ghosts
a handful of times while figuring out the area. I finally reached the
Abyss
. What an incredible moment in this game. Aesthetically, the areas in this game progressively become more and more bleak. This is where that comes to a head. I jumped in without a certain required item and died immediately. When I finally made it to the bottom alive it was no less horrifying. People talk about the sensation from falling to your death in Mirror's Edge, but in this game it just made me want to vomit and cry. Somebody turn on the fucking lights, please! Anyways, that moment really impressed me. What a sickeningly beautiful game.

After my botched attempt to reach the
Abyss
I headed off to fight the keeper of the item I needed to make my descent.
Sif
was pretty easy, with me not having to use many Estus Flasks at all.

Back to New Londo! Having shortcuts available made my trip back to the
Abyss
easy. The destination was much more of a challenge than the journey there. My mind was so full of fuck at this point. A blurred figure stood in the blackness. This is one of the
Four Kings
that I've heard so much about. If I ever wanted to cry playing a video game, this would be the moment. Total darkness, and a horrifying, sinewy creature slowly nearing me. And there would be more, as I would have suspected with a boss named
Four Kings
. I entered the battle with eight +4 Estus flasks and left with none, but managed to survive the fight thanks to Havel's set and a large pool of stamina. By the end of the fight I was shaking, still having no earthly idea as to what the fuck was happening.

Then the bunny man appeared and began to further blow my mind with Dark Soul's trademarked cryptic NPC monologues. I placed the
Lordvessel
, headed towards the Duke's Archives, and decided that was enough Dark Souls for one day. In the Xbox version I had made it up to Sen's Fortress before giving up with what I believed to be a severely underpowered character. So this playthrough on PC I have gone all-in as a tank with (most of) Havel's set. I'm looking forward to going back to hell tonight.

SPOILER IMAGE BELOW (after the
Abyss
):

SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Welp, you're faring far better than I did on my first playthrough :p Nice

Caerith

I try to stay human so I can summon and/or be invaded by NPC phantoms. I feel like it's part of the story to have these encounters. When I'm farming, I keep 1 humanity on me (+50% item drop rate) but stay undead.

Holy crap at the first DLC boss, he is relentless, I was getting raped left and right
until I decided to put on the best anti-lightning gear
I had on me, I still got pounded but then it ocurred to me to use
Power-whithin with my Zhwehainder
, my God the fight was so easy after that, killed him in like 5 blows.

This game is incredible, I really havent been able to play anything else since I got it, everything else feels so empty in comparison.

Im actually kind of dreading to finish it, I dont want it to end.

2AdEPT

There isn't any reason at all not to have a large amount of humanity in the ticker....your item discovery begin the largest benefit. You can farm humanity from rats etc. in a few minutes so nothing to lose really. I've never not hired help for certain bosses, some like O&S are kinda designed for it.
Holy crap at the first DLC boss, he is relentless, I was getting raped left and right
until I decided to put on the best anti-lightning gear
I had on me, I still got pounded but then it ocurred to me to use
Power-whithin with my Zhwehainder
, my God the fight was so easy after that, killed him in like 5 blows.

This game is incredible, I really havent been able to play anything else since I got it, everything else feels so empty in comparison.

very common feeling....I have logged well over 1000 hours now on souls since 2009 even though the original Demon's crack has never been matched as ojnce I got inside FROM's head and learned the moveset etc. even their best stuff doesn't phase mwe like the original did..

I strong;y recommend a SL1 NO UPGRADES run...brings back the horror....especially in places like TOG.

willooi

There's always NG+ and beyond! It's really quite amazing how it sucks you in and doesn't let you go, and the first NG+ is very, very enjoyable with all your gear with you right from the beginning.

Having said that, though, I'm currently at the end of NG++ and not in the right mood to enter NG+++...just been laying down summons around boss areas to earn some souls, mercenary style. It's a weird spot to be in, as like you say, no other game interests me at all in comparison.

Just got the game yesterday and after playing Demon's Souls I want to do a ranged/dex build. Any good build suggestions? I am looking at a wanderer like I did in the previous game.

2AdEPT

Just got the game yesterday and after playing Demon's Souls I want to do a ranged/dex build. Any good build suggestions? I am looking at a wanderer like I did in the previous game.

Similar to demon's you really can't put a lot of stock into the starting class. Eventually you will wear whatever gear you feel like and your stats will be built away from the starting mold likely anyway.

I almost always start with sorcerer as it has the least of the most non-useful stat domains= resistance. the extra points go in int and attunement, which are useful for any early game character and you can switch later.

that said I think there is only one starting character that has high dex and low magic/faith...it was the hunter iirc and starts with a bow....but with my dex/bows character I got the brigand set after several minutes of firelink and started wearing that almost immediately as it has good protect yet is much lighter than the leathers you get with the hunter. now I am wearing the gold hemmed set adn will trade this on and off with crimson until I get teh logans and Xanthous sets...logans and Xanthous take me to end game trading out the gold hemmed whenver I need fire resist. Logans/Xanthous has high magic protect and looks cooler than the antiquated skirt...although I sometimes wear that as well. If I want to go heavier Armour I use Orns, early, but upgrade kirks or silver knight.

Similar to demon's you really can't put a lot of stock into the starting class. Eventually you will wear whatever gear you feel like and your stats will be built away from the starting mold likely anyway.

I almost always start with sorcerer as it has the least of the most non-useful stat domains= resistance. the extra points go in int and attunement, which are useful for any early game character and you can switch later.

that said I think there is only one starting character that has high dex and low magic/faith...it was the hunter iirc and starts with a bow....but with my dex/bows character I got the brigand set after several minutes of firelink and started wearing that almost immediately as it has good protect yet is much lighter than the leathers you get with the hunter. now I am wearing the gold hemmed set adn will trade this on and off with crimson until I get teh logans and Xanthous sets...logans and Xanthous take me to end game trading out the gold hemmed whenver I need fire resist. Logans/Xanthous has high magic protect and looks cooler than the antiquated skirt...although I sometimes wear that as well. If I want to go heavier Armour I use Orns, early, but upgrade kirks or silver knight.
Thanks, I started a wanderer as I knew where I could get a bow fairly quickly (undead merchant) and have been throwing upgrades into dex with a few into faith for the Astora's Straight Sword I was able to grab before getting killed but a zombie dragon. Going through the undead burg right now leveling up a little bit more before going back at the Taurus Demon.

UrbanRats

So, some time ago i had stopped playing at NG+ 4kings, taking a break after several tries.
Yesterday i tested the 60fps mode for the first time (after Durante posted how to make it work etc etc) and weirdly enough, i beat them at the first try, that way. :O

dosh

As did we all. There's NG+ waiting for you on the other side though. You'll be surprised at how fast you'll breeze through the first few levels, and how great the game still is, even when you know it well. Plus there's a whole world of pvp hurt to discover, and a lot of coop fun to be had.
On my first NG+, I stopped playing the main story for a while after Anor Londo
(just wanted to grab the Lordvessel to allow fast travel)
and spent hours after hours helping and invading people in Sen, Anor Londo, Ariamis... The pvp spot in Darkroot Garden is always a blast, as well.

Ledsen

I'm really curious how many people actually found some of the hidden secrets in this game by themselves... all of these, I personally would've missed without reading about them online:

- Getting back to the Undead Asylum
- Painted World
- Blacksmith in the Catacombs
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Daughter of Chaos shortcut
- Darkmoon Seance Ring -> Gwyndolin (wtf at this one)
- Crow Trading

And more.

Akito

I'm really curious how many people actually found some of the hidden secrets in this game by themselves... all of these, I personally would've missed without reading about them online:

- Painted World
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Crow Trading

And more.
Out of these I would've missed all but one if I didn't read about them somewhere. The GH is not that hard to find since there are most likely messages left by other players in front of the illusionary walls. The crow trading is pretty familiar to Demon's Souls players, once they figured out how to get back to UA that is.

Getting back to the Asylum seems fairly obvious if you like exploring - you see the steps from Firelink and from the lift down from the Parish, it's asking you to explore.

Snuggly is obvious too for any DeS players.

- Painted World
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Crow Trading

And more.

I guess the same way people found out secrets in old-school RPG games, they play a lot, explore every possibilities, and make logical connections between items.

This is exactly why I like Dark Souls, it doesn't spoon-feed you things, the secrets are actually secrets and not just less obvious branching paths like many modern RPG games. So not only do you feel like a badass for knowing all the secrets in the game, but sharing experience with other players is much more interesting because the secrets are so hidden and rewarding to find. What's even more interesting is when rumors and speculations pop up like when people say you can spare Sif, yeah most of them are fake, but it further immerses the players in this world.

Dresden

I found the GH by myself, accidentally. Spastic rolling does help.

I did find the staircase leading to the asylum again, but I didn't know just how to get there via crouching until I read it online.

- Painted World
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Crow Trading

And more.

only found the great hollow and catacombs blacksmith myself, the rest came from posts in this thread and the wiki. joining the darkmoon covenant and getting to the painted world are both ridiculously obscure, I'm really impressed that people figured those out.

zkylon

zkylewd

- Painted World
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Crow Trading

And more.
I would've missed them all, except
the Painted World, though that requires getting back to the Undead Asylum,
so uh...

I'm stuck. I'm having real trouble trying to beat the first bosses. I've not had much trouble up until now. I've just been dying over and over again. I haven't read up on how I should go about defeating them. Any tips from GAF? Thanks.

upandaway

Out of the two gargoyles?

I haven't even managed to kill one yet. I did manage to chop of one of their tails and got an axe for it. But it's too slow for me.
Did you use the Firekeeper Soul the knight guarded below to enhance your Estus?

This applies to a lot of bosses but just try to position yourself between their hind legs and their tail and attack from there. If you're being aggressive about it, you'll move with the gargoyle so much that the other one won't really hit you even if you don't pay attention to him.

get yo humanity on and summon solaire

Did you use the Firekeeper Soul the knight guarded below to enhance your Estus?

This applies to a lot of bosses but just try to position yourself between their hind legs and their tail and attack from there. If you're being aggressive about it, you'll move with the gargoyle so much that the other one won't really hit you even if you don't pay attention to him.

What weapon(s) are you using? Upgrading can make a huge difference.

Honestly this is my first try playing this game, and I'm completely blind, so I don't know how to summon solaire. If I need to become human, I know how to do that, but I have no more humanity. What is the best way to gather some?

I gave my Firekeeper Soul to the woman under Firelink Shrine to reenforce my Estus Flasks. (I don't know what that means. Does it mean they heal you better?)

I am using the Longsword and I have upgraded it to +3. I don't like the other weapons I've used, because of worse statistics or slower movement speed/attacking speed.

I hope I've made it clear how I have progressed in this game. I honestly and just trying not to read anything about the game, but I've finally hit a wall and need assistance. I'm really enjoying what I've played of this game so far.

2AdEPT

Thanks, I started a wanderer as I knew where I could get a bow fairly quickly (undead merchant) and have been throwing upgrades into dex with a few into faith for the Astora's Straight Sword I was able to grab before getting killed but a zombie dragon. Going through the undead burg right now leveling up a little bit more before going back at the Taurus Demon.
Yeah astora's is good for later in the game where it will help kill a certain enemy, but it is not a good long term option...keep looking for better swords. If you decide to boost faith though there are lot sof GREAT miracles that can help you on your travels especially if you join the various covenants. THere is no penalty for boosting Pyro as it has no cost other than souls...find a pyro trainer as soon as possible and alsways have an upgraded pyro glvoe in your back pocket no matter what you decide to boost for later.

Out of the two gargoyles? I haven't even managed to kill one yet. I did manage to chop of one of their tails and got an axe for it. But the axe is too slow for me.

If you still are having trouble...you can actually summon 2 NPC helpers who have enpough power to kill them on their own....you don't even have to help , but of course you can and it will go pretty easily. The stronger of the two helpers is not SOlaire, but the 2nd guy requires you finding him in a locked cell and then visiting him in FIrelink before his summon sign will appear near the boss door (a floor down from the door actually.) You may also have ot find a key if you did not take the master key as a gift.

What's your class? Having pyro or sorcery and at least one helper, even Solaire is enough with this, will move you into the win category real fast. If not make sure ot upgrade your shield a biut so that you can block their attacks...stability and endurance are key for mellee fighters.

I hope I've made it clear how I have progressed in this game. I honestly and just trying not to read anything about the game, but I've finally hit a wall and need assistance. I'm really enjoying what I've played of this game so far.

A little reading is ok..just don't read too much...I will try to be more cryptic when offering assistance so that it ends up hinting, not just telling outright.

A couple of points:

The equipment is key in this game...but in order to get the good stuff you got to travel...no offence but your longsword and short astora sword are goign to make the game difficult for you (although if you upgrade them fully they will hold their own theri are bettter choices to waste your hard earned souls and stones on.)

AS such, there are way sot find secret passages all over the place...you can actually make it [counts all the levels] to 8 different levels from Firelink before you ring both bells. I fyou have onlyh seen 1-2 you need to explore more. Two of those levels are difficult , but not impossible and the risk/reward for at least taking a suicide run through them to get equipment is WELL worth it. THe master key makes it somewhat less time consuming, but if you didn't select it you can still get to where you need to go. REmember, FROM wanted to a wide open world conept for this game and they did just that, one of the best around IMO. DOn't just figure you will do a suggested order then do all the secret stuff later...this is your ONE chance tohave a virgin run novel experience unlike the majority of other players...if you like the unique no reading aspect, you will want to keep the bosses alive longer, search for more equipment, then when you find stuff you really like you can take it to the boss door and go nuts. There is nothing that says you have to do any boss first (although eventualy you have to ring both bells.) Until then explore explore expolore and do not fear death, death is your friend.

Join as many covenants as you can...just keep in mind when you swith you lose haof of the progress you made by giving them gifts etc...[HINT] nothign that says you have to give them gifts though unitl you try a whole bunch and get the free intial gifts FIRST!

Dresden

Honestly this is my first try playing this game, and I'm completely blind, so I don't know how to summon solaire. If I need to become human, I know how to do that, but I have no more humanity. What is the best way to gather some?
Use the white soapstone you have and plop it down so others can summon you. Free practice this way as well. Then use the humanity you gained to turn human yourself, at which point you'll be able to see the summon signs from others on the ground.

The two NPC summons are near the top before the fog door, if you want to go that route.
I gave my Firekeeper Soul to the woman under Firelink Shrine to reenforce my Estus Flasks. (I don't know what that means. Does it mean they heal you better?)
Yes.
I am using the Longsword and I have upgraded it to +3. I don't like the other weapons I've used, because of worse statistics or slower movement speed/attacking speed.
Longsword is a decent weapon. Use what you like. One tip is to use a gold pine resin because the gargoyles are weak to it.

Use the white soapstone you have and plop it down so others can summon you. Free practice this way as well. Then use the humanity you gained to turn human yourself, at which point you'll be able to see the summon signs from others on the ground.

The two NPC summons are near the top before the fog door, if you want to go that route.

Yes.

Longsword is a decent weapon. Use what you like. One tip is to use a gold pine resin because the gargoyles are weak to it.

Thanks, I forgot about the gold pine resin. I'll also try out the white soapstone.

Johnas

Thanks, I forgot about the gold pine resin. I'll also try out the white soapstone.

Just be aware the resin doesn't last too long. It is fantastic against them though.

Their attacks (when fighting one at a time) are pretty easy to dodge. One general battle tactic is to use your shield to block an attack, then before you hit back, quickly switch to two-handing your weapon so your hit is more effective. Then, before they hit back, switch back to one-handing your weapon, so you can wield your shield.

Longsword +3 is adequate, that was my main weapon my first run through the game also.

zkylon

zkylewd
Summoning Solaire is your best bet, but if you're not too frustrated you can still try it by yourself. I know I beat them without knowing you can summon NPCs :p

My best advice is that some of their horizontal sweep attacks usually don't hit if you're below them, so using the shape of the roof to your advantage can be very useful. Other than that, just attack whoever's closest and make sure they're both on your screen at all times. Don't lock in if you feel like you need to, and try to dodge instead of blocking, usually just rolling to the side the attack comes from is enough and doesn't require all that much timing.

And yeah, upgrade all you can, if you can get your hands on a Balder's Shield, that's probably the best you'll be able to get for a while and it's pretty good.

dosh

That's a really good advice. Also, the humanities you get by helping other players go directly to the counter in the upper left, boosting your item discovery and the cool drops you'll loot from fallen enemies.
Hopefully, this way, you can get your hands on the shield Zkylon mentionned (by farming grunts in Undead Parish for instance): I used it during a good chunk of my first playthrough, it helped a lot.

VandalD

Four Kings
threw me off probably in every possible way. Total darkness. Massively powerful ranged attacks. It's more of a damage race than a test of skill, at least if you're melee. Every other boss - every other enemy in the game teaches you to be patient and wait for an opening, unless you know exactly what you're doing. Four Kings requires you to just get in there and slash at them with no blocking or dodging. You need all that stamina for attacking. They killed me every time I tried patience.
So I don't know how I feel about that fight as compared to the others, but the atmosphere of it was great.

Been wanting to help people kill their bosses, particularly in Anor Londo, but I can't tell if I'm over level, if nobody is human to summon
(good luck without Solaire!)
, or if maybe I'm having network issues. Bit disappointing for me. I got helped through that boss fight and wanted to pass it forward, so to speak. I'm about level 70 now. I'd stop leveling, but then I'd be risking all my souls when I die.

Caerith

- Painted World
- The Great Hollow
- All DLC content
- Crow Trading

And more.
Souls games don't really need to be read about online. After one person discovers a secret, everyone else can just read the hints they left about it.

And yeah, usually there are hints telling you to look for stuff. Getting back to the Undead Aslyum was kinda obvious, since there was that locked door the first time you went there so all that was left was figuring out how to make the crow take you back.

Mephala

Anyone know why I rarely get invaded, can't seem to summon human phantoms and am never summoned?

I've been lurking in the Depths with Solaire and Lautrec, farming slimes and what not. Then this happened. Solaire didn't follow me up the stairs to bonfire slimes. Oh well, Lautrec and I were more than capable of taking them all. We meet Solaire on the way back down... On the stairs... He blocked my exit... Lautrec blocked my path back up. :mad:

jK2UL.jpg

moSyg.jpg

B01EK.jpg

R9wGz.jpg

I was so close to getting out, but at the end I had to Black Crystal. -_- Stupid NPC phantoms.

2AdEPT

I have decided that I really dislike Sen's Fortress.

voted by many to be the best dungeon in any RPG all time....sneaky traps, secret rooms/tunnels....puzzle type contraptions, high reward loot.....what don't you like about it???? Totally Indiana Jones flavored. Good thing imo. My personal favorite right up there with the stone mines ( 2.2 in Demon's), 3.2, 1.4, 4.2. Anor Londo is great as well.

Anyone know why I rarely get invaded, can't seem to summon human phantoms and am never summoned?

I've been lurking in the Depths with Solaire and Lautrec, farming slimes and what not. Then this happened. Solaire didn't follow me up the stairs to bonfire slimes. Oh well, Lautrec and I were more than capable of taking them all. We meet Solaire on the way back down... On the stairs... He blocked my exit... Lautrec blocked my path back up. :mad:

I was so close to getting out, but at the end I had to Black Crystal. -_- Stupid NPC phantoms.

rather than black crystal why not just send one or both of them home and start over? Saves the trek back from firelink...I can honestly say I have never used the black crystal in over 800 hours of Dark souls.

Caerith

I believe fiddling with your NAT settings or something will help with the invasions/summons, but to be honest I rarely see other players either.

Also, I did get stuck between Solaire and Lautrec once, but was able to fidget my way through them. Rolling may work, or homeward boning.

voted by many to be the best dungeon in any RPG all time....sneaky traps, secret rooms/tunnels....puzzle type contraptions.....what don't you like about it???? Totally Indiana Jones flavored. Good thing imo.
What I dislike about Sen's Fortress is that I am currently in it. Also, I hate snakemen.

Mephala

rather than black crystal why not just send one or both of them home and start over? Saves the trek back from firelink...I can honestly say I have never used the black crystal in over 800 hours of Dark souls.

Black Crystal sends them home. Dark Sign/Homeward Bone would have sent me back to bonfire, which wouldn't have been Fire Link any way but yeah. I can't seem to re-summon them without either resting at a bonfire or quitting to menu and starting up again. Not really a bit problem though, I just thought it was amusing that they blocked the door so well.

Top Bottom