• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Wow I'm shocked at how easy this is going to be to cheat on. Ugh.

What's the update on Durante's fix, I've been out and lost track of progress?

Hoo-doo

Banned
If you like a real challenge, playing offline is the best. Once you know the game well it's not challenging enough anymore.

How does playing offline make it easier / harder? It just cuts you off from the other players' messages, summons and ghosts, and the messages don't make it easier at all, just way more enjoyable.

Yes. People doing this for the first time, GO UP THE GIANT STAIRCASE THAT LEADS TO THE AQUIFER.

DO NOT GO DOWN THE ELEVATOR.

DO NOT GO THROUGH THE GRAVEYARD.

Fuck that, first thing I did was haul ass through the graveyard only to find a
sweet Zweihander
Of course I died eventually, but it was worth it.

Alex

The thought of anyone playing Souls games in offline mode bums me out hard.
I dare say it is kind of missing the point.

Maybe i'm alone on this though.

The online implementation is cool, but hardly that important, to me anyway. I'd have no issue playing without it.

Hell, the initial Dark Souls release was really busted online anyway.

Orayn

Let everyone fucking LEARN for themselves, god damn.

Don't look for guides.

Read the clues on the floor.

I advocate this in every situation but the start, where too many people somehow take the non-beginner routes and become soured on the game.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I advocate this in every situation but the start, where too many people somehow take the non-beginner routes and become soured on the game.

Fair enough, but I think in general people should follow the floor clues

I got lucky I guess because I never went to those places in the beginning.

Zeliard

Not on my travels, but some day I will again ;b. Dark Souls is probably the best console game this generation, looking forward to playing it at 1080p/60 with new content down the road. Go go gadget Durante!

Haha yeah, Durante rocks :p

Also just logged in to GMG for the first time in quite a while to find out I have $5 of credit I totally forgot about. With that plus the DERHE-RRDER-RINGE 20% code, Dark Souls comes out to $27. Not too shabby :)

How does playing offline make it easier / harder? It just cuts you off from the other players' messages, summons and ghosts, and the messages don't make it easier at all, just way more enjoyable.

The easiest way to get through the game is to summon some players to help you through a section or a boss. If you have to do it/figure it out yourself it is much harder.

Gattsu25

Banned
Durante - you rawk, dude

Let everyone fucking LEARN for themselves, god damn.

Don't look for guides.

Read the clues on the floor.

Fuck that, first thing I did was haul ass through
the graveyard only to find a sweet Zweihander
Of course I died eventually, but it was worth it.

stop ruining my fun

Shut the hell up.
GODDAMN. Use the motherfucking spoiler tag

Can everyone please remove the spoiler from your quotes?

PLS?

And new players, talk to everyone you are able to until you get them to repeat themselves 3 times in a row. Pay attention to what they say and you will never have to look at a walkthrough.

Grief.exe

I just noticed that the game still shows 41 achievements, meaning they didn't add any extra ones for the new content.

Lame. I've never played the game before, but it would be cool for people who have already beaten the game to have new achievements to get.

Haha yeah, Durante rocks :p

Also just logged in to GMG for the first time in quite a while to find out I have $5 of credit I totally forgot about. With that plus the DERHE-RRDER-RINGE 20% code, Dark Souls comes out to $27. Not too shabby :)

I got it for $20 after credits. Praise GMG!

Revoh

"This item is currently unavailable in your region".
Great.
Can I still activate my key from GMG?

I'm in south america if that matters.

First timers: Just play the game and explore for yourself. That is the only advice you'll need. If you get frustrated to the point where you wanna break stuff, you might wanna consider doing some reading.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
I'm going to have to load this up again on the 360. I had a terrible build and I kept on getting invaded and one shot by people. Never finished it.

Have fun everyone! :)

JordanKZ

Yup. Easy fix though. Just find the game .exe in your steamapps folder and use Windows 7 compatibility mode. Works like a shame... Like a mushy charm.

I lie! Games for Windows Live doesn't boot... so you're stuck in offline mode.

Does GFWL even work on Windows 8?

I lie! Games for Windows Live doesn't boot... so you're stuck in offline mode.

Does GFWL even work on Windows 8?
It works fine on Windows 8... On my end.

*I think I may be running an earlier version of the client, I can't remember. I'll check in a minute when I switch on my gaming rig.

Damn it feel sso amazing to play this on PC.

Have to wait a bit until I can this evening, though. I'll keep an eye on the thread for updates on certain things. Enjoy everyone.

(I tend to agree, let folks experience it first-hand, no hints for now :p. But proceed however you wish)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
The community sharing their discoveries is just as important.

But maybe in a spoiler thread, I guess!

Definitely, definitely, definitely.

If you truly need help, don't spoil it for everyone else. Follow the soapstone clues and when it doubt, summon friends.

Top Bottom