• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Quikies83

I believe you sin if you break a covenant. The only way to not sin and break your covenant is if you goto that guy in the church tower.

You can leave a covenant to join another one. You only need to visit the NPC in church tower to absolve sins (like killing a covenant member).

Thanks for the advice, I guess I need to explore more of the demon ruins after quelaag as I dont remember running into the boss you mentioned, gonna go back there as soon as im done looting
Tomb of the Giants.

If I remember correctly I only have the option to go down the ramp which leads to lava with the
Taurus Demons

But the last time I checked was like 30 hours ago in my save after I killed
Quelaag
, im way more poweful now.
Which boss can't you find?

To find
Ceaseless Discharge
you need to
go down the ramp that leads to the Taurus Demons, but go right instead about halfway through. You'll cross a bridge and soon enough you'll see Ceaseless Discharge. You won't have problems to figure out how to start the fight.

If you want to find
the Centipede Demon
, then
in the same place you fight the Taurus Demons go right to find a Capra Demon. Then it's completely straightforward until you get both a shortcut to Quelaag's sister's bonfire, and to the Centipede Demon

Ledsen

Thanks for the advice, I guess I need to explore more of the demon ruins after quelaag as I dont remember running into the boss you mentioned, gonna go back there as soon as im done looting
Tomb of the Giants.

If I remember correctly I only have the option to go down the ramp which leads to lava with the
Taurus Demons

But the last time I checked was like 30 hours ago in my save after I killed
Quelaag
, im way more poweful now.

Youve already killed the boss he's talking about if you can reach the Taurus.

moop1167

Grr... how the fuck are you supposed to know what to do against this Bed of Chaos fucker? I destroyed those two orange orbs but now he just keeps knocking me off into the fucking crevice.

No one tell me, I just need to vent.

Oh and I lost 150k souls trying to get back to my fucking bloodstain (getting knocked off the ledge) because I had so much from killing the two bosses. I didn't know what to spend them on.

OH, and it takes about 10 years to get back to the fucking boss after you spend 10 seconds in there before getting knocked off. Waste of time.

moop1167

img8139.gif

By the way that boss fight is designed for you to get killed a bunch. No way would anyone without reading shit realize that the part near him will fall out from under and lead to a fucking branch. I had to die 2-3 times extra to find that out.

Zaventem

img8139.gif

By the way that boss fight is designed for you to get killed a bunch. No way would anyone without reading shit realize that the part near him will fall out from under and lead to a fucking branch. I had to die 2-3 times extra to find that out.

Yeah that boss is awful.Even the producer admitted it.

Sajjaja

FUCK YEAH! FUCK YOU
KALAMEET
. That's one more boss down. I pretty much memorized all of his move set and dodged pretty much everything. Well...initially anyways....I was playing super defensive during my first 20 or so deaths...then I was like fuck it, I hit him every chance I got and got him down in less than 5 mins. Feels good man....but that ring he drops,
Ring of Calamity....why the hell would they put in a ring that doubles damage received.....why? There's gotta be something else right? It's another one of those troll items isn't it....

Akito

FUCK YEAH! FUCK YOU
KALAMEET
. That's one more boss down. I pretty much memorized all of his move set and dodged pretty much everything. Well...initially anyways....I was playing super defensive during my first 20 or so deaths...then I was like fuck it, I hit him every chance I got and got him down in less than 5 mins. Feels good man....but that ring he drops,
Ring of Calamity....why the hell would they put in a ring that doubles damage received.....why? There's gotta be something else right? It's another one of those troll items isn't it....
It's there for the case the game isn't hard enough for you :lol
Some people use it for challenges and stuff.

Dresden

I hear that equipping the Calamity Ring then getting one-shot by the final boss while the pendant is in your inventory unlocks Darker Souls.

Important newbie tip: Don't use Firekeeper Souls, bring them to a firekeeper (like the one below the Firelink bonfire) to upgrade flasks. Boss souls you can build unique weapons with or just use if you don't need that weapon. Any lesser soul items, just use them when you need to boost your souls count to level up or buy something.

Importanr newbie tip 2: Never ever use the Drake Sword.

So I totally forgot about Big Hat Logan in his cell. Go to Duke's Archives to get the broken pendant. Go back to Firelink Shrine and noticed Griggs is gone. Travel back to Sen's and Logan's cage is empty. Griggs is hollow. Is Logan gone from my playthrough? Haven't encountered Seath yet.

I believe you sin if you break a covenant. The only way to not sin and break your covenant is if you goto that guy in the church tower.

You can leave a covenant to join another one. You only need to visit the NPC in church tower to absolve sins (like killing a covenant member).

Thanks! Actually just found the guy after ringing the bell. Now I'm busy getting completely raped by the boss who also has dogs attacking you at the same time.

So I totally forgot about Big Hat Logan in his cell. Go to Duke's Archives to get the broken pendant. Go back to Firelink Shrine and noticed Griggs is gone. Travel back to Sen's and Logan's cage is empty. Griggs is hollow. Is Logan gone from my playthrough? Haven't encountered Seath yet.

Same happen to me, I found Logan again in the libraries that lead to the Crystal Caves.

You're supposed to shield it, but yeah, it's a shitty attack, as is the grab. 4Ks would've been a fun boss if you could dodge all of their attacks.

The only attack that's a gamble with 4K is the homing magic beam, which can be dodged by staying close to the King's back...but not always. :(

The rest can be 100% dodged. Slashes can be dodged by rolling against them, the big overhead chop can be stepped to your right, and the grab can be dodged by rolling left towards the King as he starts the animation.

Anyhow, just felt like sharing my most recent PvP experience. I was replaying a Faith build, so I'm level 15 with some Chain Armor, Leather Gauntlets, Caduceus Kite Shield and Leather Boots on, and an Astora's Straight Sword (maxed, because I went and farmed lizards). I decide to do some jolly co-op, and I get summoned in Berg. Soon as I come in, there was this geared up ganker in full Darkwraith gear standing there. "Here we go", I'm thinking.

As soon as I come in, dude tries to backstab me after the summon. I roll and dodge the attempt. Me and the host are standing there and he tries to come at me with the Darksword R2. Unluckily for him, this was what I was expecting. I parry his R2 and riposte him for like 60% of his HP. Dude was in panic mode now because some seemingly low geared noob just riposted his ass. He backs off and goes for another ganker special: Firestorm. I charge down the steps and in two deft slashes, kill him mid cast. In the end he didn't land a single hit on me or the host. I then taunt him, as I do all twinked out asshole griefers, and bow to my host. We then proceed to Taurus Demon and kill him without incident. Feels good man.

I'm still laughing thinking how mad that guy was that he got killed by an Astora's Straight Sword. XD

zkylon

zkylewd
The only attack that's a gamble with 4K is the homing magic beam, which can be dodged by staying close to the King's back...but not always. :(

The rest can be 100% dodged. Slashes can be dodged by rolling against them, the big overhead chop can be stepped to your right, and the grab can be dodged by rolling left towards the King as he starts the animation.
The grab attack is pretty weird to dodge, I could never manage to find the tell right and the dodging window is just too unreliable, I've often felt and seen it dodged and then suddenly he grabbed me none-the-less.

I'm biased against that fight after 20 tries or so of getting grabbed 80% of the times lol...

Anyhow, just felt like sharing my most recent PvP experience. I was replaying a Faith build, so I'm level 15 with some Chain Armor, Leather Gauntlets, Caduceus Kite Shield and Leather Boots on, and an Astora's Straight Sword (maxed, because I went and farmed lizards). I decide to do some jolly co-op, and I get summoned in Berg. Soon as I come in, there was this geared up ganker in full Darkwraith gear standing there. "Here we go", I'm thinking.

As soon as I come in, dude tries to backstab me after the summon. I roll and dodge the attempt. Me and the host are standing there and he tries to come at me with the Darksword R2. Unluckily for him, this was what I was expecting. I parry his R2 and riposte him for like 60% of his HP. Dude was in panic mode now because some seemingly low geared noob just riposted his ass. He backs off and goes for another ganker special: Firestorm. I charge down the steps and in two deft slashes, kill him mid cast. In the end he didn't land a single hit on me or the host. I then taunt him, as I do all twinked out asshole griefers, and bow to my host. We then proceed to Taurus Demon and kill him without incident. Feels good man.

I'm still laughing thinking how mad that guy was that he got killed by an Astora's Straight Sword. XD

This gave me a boner, I have to get into more PvP, too bad I already missed my opportunity to join the covenant that gives you unlimited red eye orbs :(

Speaking of which I cant find anywhere online how to find more Orbs, I already found all in the world, am I fucked until NG+? :(

Speaking of which I cant find anywhere online how to find more Orbs, I already found all in the world, am I fucked until NG+? :(

If you want to invade folks for PvP but missed out on
Kaathe for Darkwraiths
, you can still become a
Blade of the Darkmoon with Gwyndolin in Anor Londo.
Same thing for what you're trying to do.

So good. :D

Every playthrough I join the Forest covenant before going to Blighttown for the sole purpose of getting the look skyward gesture so I can use it on these type of invaders. Feels great when you beat their one dimensional asses!

Quikies83

Anyone have a toon around SL 39 and willing to help me take out 4 Kings?? I'm going for the bad ending and I'm stuck until I beat these guys and talk to the serpent (not frampt). I'm on PC and xblv is Quikies83

Sajjaja

Hell yeah! Beat
Manus! He fights super aggressive so I died a ton of times. Important thing is to stay close to him most of the time. Pretty awesome sense of accomplishment doing all the DLC bosses without a guide or anything. What sucks though is that I didn't get the alternate Sif cut scene cause I wanted to see it. I thought I only had to kill Artorias not save Sif(didn't know he was even there). Looked up the cut scene online... :(

Now to finish the game and move onto NG+.

Vaporak

If you want to invade folks for PvP but missed out on
Kaathe for Darkwraiths
, you can still become a
Blade of the Darkmoon with Gwyndolin in Anor Londo.
Same thing for what you're trying to do.

I've tried doing the darkmoon thing on two different characters, but the invasion has literally never worked. Not once. Only reliable way to get PvP for me seems to be the forest.

Caerith

Finally drained the water, but am really having an off night. Died like 5 times on the way to the kings, probably need to take a break before I try to actually kill them.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've tried doing the darkmoon thing on two different characters, but the invasion has literally never worked. Not once. Only reliable way to get PvP for me seems to be the forest.
Yeah, Darkmoon is dead, I got a few invades but took way too much time. Best way to PvP is placing the Darkwraith Covenant sign in Oolacile Township or Anor Londo, I think.

Sorry didn't realize it was a spoiler
Np, I'm super sensitive about spoilers, so I try to keep us in check :D

Sajjaja

Hey guys. I'm confused about how the match making works for arena. I have a level 109 character. What levels would I be matches against?

upandaway

Just got to the boss in Tomb of the Giants.. man, getting the lantern in the Tomb was probably the most relief I've ever felt in a video game. I really don't like darkness!

Anyway
Nito
is the only boss in Dark Souls that I saw a full fight of by accident before playing.. and I remember the guy just coming next to him, unloading some combustion and other pyromancy and killing him effortlessly. Maybe
killed one or two skeletons
in the beginning of the fight.
I come in, get
swarmed by skeletons, hit from the floor while being stunned by the skeletons, and repeatedly get hit by an AOE attack that I can't dodge because FIFTEEN THOUSAND skeletons are circling me.
:lol what? what's with this difference in treatment?! Is this game biased towards youtubers? haha

I guess I did something wrong since there's no way he spawned all of that in 2 seconds. Oh well, will try again tomorrow! Don't tell me what the trick is!

I had 100k souls and 2 humanity, hope I can retrieve that..

zkylon

zkylewd
Hey guys. I'm confused about how the match making works for arena. I have a level 109 character. What levels would I be matches against?
I went to the arena at varied levels (60, 80, 90, 120) and never managed to find a match. I think you have to wait like 15 minutes, which is too much for me.

Basically I think it has a bunch of thresholds so if you're level 109 you'll battle against people from SL 100-149 or something like that.

Just got to the boss in Tomb of the Giants.. man, getting the lantern in the Tomb was probably the most relief I've ever felt in a video game. I really don't like darkness!

Anyway
Nito
is the only boss in Dark Souls that I saw a full fight of by accident before playing.. and I remember the guy just coming next to him, unloading some combustion and other pyromancy and killing him effortlessly. Maybe
I come in, get
swarmed by skeletons, hit from the floor while being stunned by the skeletons, and repeatedly get hit by an AOE attack that I can't dodge because FIFTEEN THOUSAND skeletons are circling me.
:lol what? what's with this difference in treatment?! Is this game biased towards youtubers? haha

I guess I did something wrong since there's no way he spawned all of that in 2 seconds. Oh well, will try again tomorrow! Don't tell me what the trick is!

Nito's pretty scary, he took me a couple tries on my first run, but he's actually wimpier than he looks.

xmShake

Neo Member
Finally drained the water, but am really having an off night. Died like 5 times on the way to the kings, probably need to take a break before I try to actually kill them.

You can save some time by:
Coming from firelink, you can head past the first two ghosts, and instead of going up the stairs, you go to the right of them on drop down near the watery area, saving a lot of hassle when getting to the kings. Ends up only taking about a minute from the bonfire if you run past everything.

Caerith

You can save some time by:
Coming from firelink, you can head past the first two ghosts, and instead of going up the stairs, you go to the right of them on drop down near the watery area, saving a lot of hassle when getting to the kings. Ends up only taking about a minute from the bonfire if you run past everything.
Really? I was
going up the stairs, dropping off to climb the ladder, running through the building and trying to outrun ghosts. Of course I was playing like crap by this point so either way I wasn't going to win.

Anyway
Nito
I come in, get

He's a chump once you know what to do. Easily the coolest looking boss, but also one of the easiest.

(Don't read if you want to figure out how to beat him yourself)
First of all, the fight starts with 3 skeletons. Kill them with a Divine weapon if you want to save yourself the trouble, although if you can tank Nito he'll kill them himself. Don't move too far away from the starting area or 3 Giant Skeletons will join the fight. If they do, focus on killing them.

Nito is weak to fire weapons and pyromancies, so if you have them it's your best shot.

When you know all that, Nito will mostly attack with very slow sword swings that you should be able to block or dodge no problem, and the Miasma AOE. Once he starts doing it, back away, and when he releases it, block. He'll do some damage but nothing you should be concerned about, and he'll kill the skeletons if they're still around.

If he uses one of the grab attacks, get away from him. It has pitiful range.

moop1167

So I am SL55, where can I put my summon sign to help people with bosses? I was trying to do it at Anor Londo at around SL50 for a few days but I didn't see anything so I leveled up a bit. I am done with New Londo, Izalith, and Catacombs.

Mephala

So I am SL55, where can I put my summon sign to help people with bosses? I was trying to do it at Anor Londo at around SL50 for a few days but I didn't see anything so I leveled up a bit. I am done with New Londo, Izalith, and Catacombs.

I went around Dark Moon invading at Anor Londo, I found 7 different hackers. :\
Gave up on that.

Try Oolacile Township. It is the DLC area. Traffic here seems pretty good for invasions from around 50-90. I'm not sure on co-op though. I struggled to find co-op beyond level 50.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Anybody ever get a rare glitch where you'll leave a area (say the Undead Church to Firelink and back again) and a group of enemies will have respawned without hitting a bonfire?

Raxum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0t97aEhFWI

This guy beat Dark Souls in under 1 hour, no tools, no glitches, just pure skill. Some of those blight town jumps were insane.

An amazing, legit, no-glitch, 59 min speed run has been posted, he makes Gwyn look like a bitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0t97aEhFWI

Edit: Beaten

Is that dodge through the boulder in sen's not classed as a glitch? Just doesn't seem normal haha.

That whole run is insane though, makes me a feel a little inadequate at the game.

Defuser

Is it just me or the PC community is dead? I can't seem to find any good areas to coop and hardly anybody in the forest for me to be summon and pvp. I wanna try my Iron golem build.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Just installed the game, and I'm a little confused by some of the options in DSfix 1.9

If I just want to play the game at 1680x1050 res @ 60fps (fullscreen), what should I do? I read that I might get banned from GFWL if I unlock 60fps? What?

Mephala

Is it just me or the PC community is dead? I can't seem to find any good areas to coop and hardly anybody in the forest for me to be summon and pvp. I wanna try my Iron golem build.

I sat in the forest for ages and nobody ever invades me so I just went and offed the area boss yesterday. The only places I still see action is Oolacile Township and that is only during certain times and mostly cycling the same 8 people.

Top Bottom