• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

ruuk

Anyone else having problems gettingtheir 360 (wired) controller to work? GFWL stuff is recognising it but the game itself isn't at all.

Yes, I have a Microsoft branded wired 360 controller, it isn't working with this game. It's the same controller I use to play the 360 version, so...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Comparison:

unmodded:
data2012-08-2401-28-0xepj9.png

1080p:
data2012-08-2401-24-0c4qnh.png

Release ETA 5 minutes.

LET US PRAY

randomwab

Well, just played up to the Firelink Shrine and this port really does feel like a mess. Framerate is all over the place, every icon is for the 360 controller, the PC controls are pretty awful (although at least they're configurable) and the screen resolution, but there's a fix coming for that.

FROM really didn't give a fuck here.

Edit: I'm running a 5870 1GB with a Phenom II Quad 3.4GHz.

Vaporak

So I just launched the game and put in the CD key when GFW asked, and now it says it can't sign in and saving is disabled. Fuck GFW. >.>

antitrop

So I just launched the game and put in the CD key when GFW asked, and now it says it can't sign in and saving is disabled. Fuck GFW. >.>
I Copy To Clipboard'd the CD-Key from Steam, CTRL + V'd it into GFWL, pressed Enter, and 3 seconds later I was into the game just fine.

Every else seems to always have all sorts of crazy issues like this, maybe I'm just lucky?

antitrop

Dual GPU may do that lol

Us lowly 6970 folk have to settle :p

And yes, the mouse is stuck on screen until I move it as well. To the poster above.
I wouldn't be surprised at all if a single 580 gets similar performance to mine for this game. 30fps is an insanely low barrier to hit.

Is there a way to customise the 360 controller buttons? I don't like using the shoulder buttons instead of the triggers.

you need to use both shoulders and triggers, shoulders are light attack and triggers are heavy attacks

same with shields, shoulder is block and trigger is parry or shield bash depending on what type of shield it is

2AdEPT

I loved using the Master Key. I don't feel like it downgraded my experience in any way. Probably gonna go with binoculars this time though.

Same here.

Nooooooooooo to binoculars
you can run into the graveyard and pick them up withiin seconds of game start
DOn't waste your gift on binoculars...if you don't want the key then just take something useful like
twin humanities or black firebombs.

projectmayhem

Neo Member
you need to use both shoulders and triggers, shoulders are light attack and triggers are heavy attacks

same with shields, shoulder is block and trigger is parry or shield bash depending on what type of shield it is

Yeah I just want to switch them as I'll be using block and light attack more.

Nooooooooooo to binoculars
you can run into the graveyard and pick them up withiin seconds of game start
DOn't waste your gift on binoculars...if you don't want the key then just take something useful like
twin humanities or black firebombs.

Thank you! I did know know that was there.

Zeliard

Unmodded it runs great. 30 fps all the time except for some transitional areas.

With a 460? Good to hear if so, though I definitely do plan on using Durante's res fix.

I loved using the Master Key. I don't feel like it downgraded my experience in any way. Probably gonna go with binoculars this time though.

Ditto. My (only) Dark Souls character on PS3 was a Thief so I automatically started the game with Master Key. I liked the freedom with having it.

Gonna do the same here again.

I never actually played Dark Souls after those big re-balancing patches and such, and I haven't played it in general for a fairly long while, so this is going to feel like a pretty fresh experience. :)

I have no idea what's what now in terms of upgrade paths and scaling and stuff.

zkylon

zkylewd
Ok, anyone knows how to change the language T_T ?

Haven't even started playing and it's already annoying as hell. I swear it's the last time I buy a GFWL game in my fucking life. I really wanted to play Iron Brigade but whatever...

edit: fixed, "only" had to change my OS language format. Sure, this is great, I love reading months before days in dates...

mxgt

Banned
Barely got time to play as I need to work tomorrow :(

Estus+1 and the Crimson gear set is all for now, fuck yeah master key shortcuts

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
CROSS POST

The fix works with AA off. FPS is still very inconsistent.....

25fps here

data2012-08-2319-45-5vusaw.png

25-30fps here

data2012-08-2319-46-2d7s70.png

15fps here

data2012-08-2319-47-32msv3.png

Feels like I'm playing Hexen in a way. I mean this is garbage optimization. It's 30 but has drops a lot. And stays that way. I mean, look at the game. This is not a graphical showcase.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Man this feels so unoptimized it's rediculous. I mean I got to 15fps as soon as I got out of my cell. Some pics

This last part was sporadic as hell. I'm talking 20fps.

Not using Durante's fix yet since I don't think he's put it out yet.

I'm on a 6970 2GB, 2500k@4.8ghz, a8GB, and W7x64.
OK... so it seems my rig would kill itself if I even thought about playing it. It's a shame, with Durante's fix the game seemed to be enjoyable, but I can't honestly pay to play a game at 5 FPS.

CROSS POST

The fix works with AA off. FPS is still very inconsistent.....

Feels like I'm playing Hexen in a way. I mean this is garbage optimization. It's 30 but has drops a lot. And stays that way. I mean, look at the game. This is not a graphical showcase.

Oh shit.. I'm worried now. What is your GPU usage like?

I think I want to drag my PC over to the bed and play in comfort with my huge HDTV TV. Figured I would ask this here...but it's essentially just take an HDMI cable and connect to TV?..I will just use phones for sound.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Got GFWL working on W8 finally by using the version included with MS Flight. My controller (wireless) still won't control the game though. :mad:

BlackJace

I think I want to drag my PC over to the bed and play in comfort with my huge HDTV TV. Figured I would ask this here...but it's essentially just take an HDMI cable and connect to TV?..I will just use phones for sound.

If your TV has VGA support, it should work just fine. (I'm sure it does)

Man this feels so unoptimized it's rediculous. I mean I got to 15fps as soon as I got out of my cell. Some pics

data2012-08-2319-19-2dvs8h.png

data2012-08-2319-21-4sfsta.png

This last part was sporadic as hell. I'm talking 20fps.

data2012-08-2319-23-50rswn.png

Not using Durante's fix yet since I don't think he's put it out yet.

I'm on a 6970 2GB, 2500k@4.8ghz, a8GB, and W7x64.

6970 @950/1450mhz, 2500k@4.8ghz

You get that kind of performance on this rig? What the hell?

Well, I fixed my wireless controller problem. I still had my wii remote registered to my PC from when I was playing some stuff on dolphin. Despite the wii remote not being on and the 360 controller even being set to be the primary controller in the game controllers applet, removing the wii remote from "devices and printers" in the control panel is what ended up fixing it.

dino1980

Also got FPS dips some pretty bad.

Have following

GPU: AMD 7970-card 3Gb
CPU: Intel 2500k 4.3Ghz
Memory: 8Gb

Looked at afterburner and my GPU had some spiks to a 100% in use. But in general Gpu used about 30-40%.

why does my mouse cursor stay on the screen? Because of this it moves all wield and the camera is uncontrollable.

GPU: 550 ti
CPU: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz
Memory: 4GB

Top Bottom