• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Zzoram

People with FPS issues, report your CPU/GPU AND your resolution, it's pretty meaningless info without the resolution you're running.

antitrop

How come every message on the floor is completely blank? Is this a bug/glitch?

And why does my character randomly start walking for like 2-3 seconds for no reason and then go back to running?

Reporting in. The game has bars at my resolution on top and bottom (1440x900).

Running great so far in the starting area locked at 30 fps with the following:

E6750 DC2D OC @ 3.2 GHz
4GB RAM
560 Ti

I'm already seeing plenty of shadows of other players. Feels just like the 360 version.

randomwab

How come every message on the floor is completely blank? Is this a bug/glitch?

And why does my character randomly start walking for like 2-3 seconds for no reason and then go back to running?

The blank messages are happening to me too. Don't know what's up with it. Maybe it's something to do with the resolution patch? I know that all the tutorial ones in the Undead Asylum were working before I applied the patch.

dani_dc

The thing in common between LiquidMetal14 and dino1980 are:
-AMD card
-Dual GPU

So the game either perfoms badly on AMD cards or dual GPU's it seems.

Sullichin

Fuck, I'm getting pretty crappy framerates, unmodded. Same deal with Durante's patch, in fact it's no worse with the patch applied and the game looks a lot better. But i am frequently dipping below 30 either way. I don't want to say this, but it's actually running quite a bit worse than the PS3 version for me. What the hell.

i5 2500k OC @ 4.5Ghz
Radeon 7870HD
1920x1080 (framerate dips with and without Durante's patch)

One good thing, the load times are vastly improved. I really hope I can figure out why I'm not getting a solid 30fps, my computer doesn't appear to be breaking a sweat but the game is performing like ass.

Also of note: I alt-tabbed when I was in the asylum, before I picked up anything. When I went back to the game, all of the items you pick up in the asylum were missing (weapon, shield, pyromancy glove). They were in my inventory already even though I never picked them up. Weird.

Zzoram

The thing in common between LiquidMetal14 and dino1980 are:
-AMD card
-Dual GPU

So the game either perfoms badly on AMD cards or dual GPU's it seems.

Or AMD dual GPUs.

Damn Sullichin's problem is with his HD7870 so maybe it is just AMD cards.

Also got FPS dips some pretty bad.

Have following

GPU: AMD 7970-card 3Gb
CPU: Intel 2500k 4.3Ghz
Memory: 8Gb

Looked at afterburner and my GPU had some spiks to a 100% in use. But in general Gpu used about 30-40%.

Reporting in. The game has bars at my resolution on top and bottom (1440x900).

Running great so far in the starting area locked at 30 fps with the following:

E6750 DC2D OC @ 3.2 GHz
4GB RAM
560 Ti

I'm already seeing plenty of shadows of other players. Feels just like the 360 version.
Maybe it's an ATI thing? Anyone with Nvidia to check performance?

First a 6970 and now a 7970 but a 560Ti is fine? It really looks like it doesn't play friendly with ATI cards, cause it sure as hell ain't LiquidMetal14's CPU holding anything back.

Deband

ATI 5870 here and the frame rate is up and down. Just helped someone with the Taurus Demon and it was even worse than solo :(

Edit: Turned off motion blur and I'm getting solid 30fps in solo play.

JoeFenix

There is preload, it started a few hours ago for NA players, and now the game is officially out in NA.

I'm in Canada and got my GMG code, entered it on steam and DS shows up as a pre-order in my game list.

Tried going to the store page and it says play now but clicking on it doesn't help... Am I screwed? Anyone in Canada able to DL the game yet?

gdt

AMD 6770m @ 1366x768

Got a major dip walking out of the cell (down to 15fps) but shaped up after I left the first hallway. Didn't dip after, not even with huge enemies on screen. Just cut it off after the first bonfire, need to beat a game before I move to this.

DID NOT use Durante's fix yet. Will next time.

Aselith

So 7300 online at the moment which works out to a little under 300k in revenue to be split so far assuming it's all at 39.99. Obviously, it's not but surely this is already profit territory for them?

Zzoram

I'm in Canada and got my GMG code, entered it on steam and DS shows up as a pre-order in my game list.

Tried going to the store page and it says play now but clicking on it doesn't help... Am I screwed? Anyone in Canada able to DL the game yet?

I'm in Canada. Restart Steam. I'm at 84% downloaded.

Deadbeat

Banned
So 7300 online at the moment which works out to a little under 300k in revenue to be split so far assuming it's all at 39.99. Obviously, it's not but surely this is already profit territory for them?
concurrent users doesnt equal the amount of people that own the game.

Zzoram

$39.99 x 0.7 due to retailer cut.

Also a lot more people bought the game than the concurrent number. That is just the number of people who installed it and are playing right now. Plenty of us are still downloading or at work or something.

Aselith

$39.99 x 0.7 due to retailer cut.

Also a lot more people bought the game than the concurrent number. That is just the number of people who installed it and are playing right now. Plenty of us are still downloading or at work or something.

That's why I said REVENUE to be SPLIT. I was factoring without any splitting. But surely this awful hackjob didn't cost more than 100k?

Well, I fixed my wireless controller problem. I still had my wii remote registered to my PC from when I was playing some stuff on dolphin. Despite the wii remote not being on and the 360 controller even being set to be the primary controller in the game controllers applet, removing the wii remote from "devices and printers" in the control panel is what ended up fixing it.

This worked for me too. Using a wired controller myself, but it wouldn't work in-game until I removed my wiimote from devices and printers.

edit - mouse pointer still on screen at all times though. have to hide it in the corner

Mafro

So according to the Xbox Live status site there's currently problems with the service. I guess that's why I can't sign in. Brilliant.

I'll just leave this till tomorrow.

RedSwirl

So according to the Xbox Live status site there's currently problems with the service. I guess that's why I can't sign in. Brilliant.

I'll just leave this till tomorrow.

I think I heard something about scheduled maintenance but I can't recall.

Top Bottom