• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Pushing forward on left analog stick seems to just make my character walk forward. Sometimes he'll start running after a little bit, other times he'll just keep on walking like that. If you kind of jiggle the stick in another direction rather than holding it straight forward though, he'll start running.

This is all messed up

gdt

Pushing forward on left analog stick seems to just make my character walk forward. Sometimes he'll start running after a little bit, other times he'll just keep on walking like that. If you kind of jiggle the stick in another direction rather than holding it straight forward though, he'll start running.

This is all messed up

Hold B to run.

antitrop

Pushing forward on left analog stick seems to just make my character walk forward. Sometimes he'll start running after a little bit, other times he'll just keep on walking like that.
I have the same issue, although it seems like he'll run most of the time and then randomly just walk for a few seconds, then go back to running.

Very strange. (Wired 360 Controller for Windows)

Hold B to run.

Not sprint, just regular running like on the console version. He just walks forward instead of jogging when you push the analog stick all the way forward. B does nothing until he's already running

the only way to consistently make him run is to hold forward and then move it left or right a little bit. Which might be dangerous in certain situations later on..

Finalow

anyone raging yet.
it's not that hard tho. I finished the first run with the difficulty of ng+++ lol, that fucking bug, the worst. but damn, I want to play this game again.

zkylon

zkylewd
ibgWo8WGXkOTDJ.png

lolol

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
Using the resolution mod or no?

My HD4870 is comparable to the 5770 *fingers crossed*

What is this resoultion mod?

I picked a wanderer/HP ring and i have no idea what i'm doing. Like i know how to play and all that but i don't know what the best starter class/item is a good combo. So far plays flawlessly.

Shepard

To folks planning on playing it with K+M, good luck, game is almost unplayable due to crappy mouse/camera. Definitely go with a controller.

Revoh

Can somebody buy me a code from GMG using the 20% discount code?
The game is 32$ over there, I'm going to PayPal you back 35$.

I'm trying to buy the game but the site doesn't respond when I click on checkout.

Grief.exe

First time playing Dark Souls ever. I don't want to be spoiled too much, want mostly a blind playthrough.

Have a couple questions though.

I'm missing all the messages on the ground because using Durante's resolution fix seems to cause them issues. Am I missing anything dreadfully important? I know there is some tutorial stuff there, since I'm a new player that could be a problem.

I just beat the Abysal Demon on my first try! Thats probably not too great a feat, but it was funny watching bloodstains for some horrible players. I can't believe people are that bad lol.

How do you use your estus flask quickly? I kept pressing down on the dpad but it wasn't working. I kept having to go into the menu during the boss fight and selecting use.

I am playing through as a knight, I leveled up strength and vitality. What other stats should I focus on?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
First time playing Dark Souls ever. I don't want to be spoiled too much, want mostly a blind playthrough.

I'm missing all the messages on the ground because using Durante's resolution fix seems to cause them issues. Am I missing anything dreadfully important? I know there is some tutorial stuff there, since I'm a new player that could be a problem.

I just beat the Abysal Demon on my first try! Thats probably not too great a feat, but it was funny watching bloodstains for some horrible players. I can't believe people are that bad lol.

How do you use your estus flask quickly? I kept pressing down on the dpad but it wasn't working. I kept having to go into the menu during the boss fight and selecting use.

I am playing through as a knight, I leveled up strength and vitality. What other stats should I focus on?

1. You're not missing anything insanely important with no bloodstains. Still though, hope there is a way to fix the issue with the resolution patch. Blood stains are still a fun part of the game.

2. Unless down on your D-pad is bound to the use item key, you're probably just swapping your items. You have to push a different button to actually use items (X by default I think)

Video of what i'm talking about (sorry for the shitty quality/framerate)

http://www.twitch.tv/blainethemono/b/329693156

Holding all the way forward on the analog stick just makes you walk. Every time I start running, its because I moved the stick slightly left or right. Can't just run straight forward from being stopped completely. Sprinting has nothing to do with it

This definitely shouldn't be happening. Could be a glitch with the game or an input issue. The only reason I mention input issue is because it looks like it's fixed when you jiggle your analog stick.

From petition to release, this is exactly like when I begged my mom for a copy of Bonestorm but instead got Lee Carvallo's Putting Challenge for Christmas.

Sarcasm

To state I never get below 30 FPS with or without patch

Specs are:

Non OC i7 3770K
GTX670

Just the issue with no text in message boxes.

Grief.exe

1. You're not missing anything insanely important with no bloodstains. Still though, hope there is a way to fix the issue with the resolution patch. Blood stains are still a fun part of the game.

2. Unless down on your D-pad is bound to the use item key, you're probably just swapping your items. You have to push a different button to actually use items (X by default I think)

This definitely shouldn't be happening. Could be a glitch with the game or an input issue. The only reason I mention input issue is because it looks like it's fixed when you jiggle your analog stick.

You can see the bloodstains just fine, its the messages that are left on the floor as a tutorial and when people leave notes.

Linking my questions to this page:

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I would almost call it unplayable without the patch.

But this shit looks amazing (took it myself):
Unless you're having severe frame rate issues, this is a pretty dumb statement. A game is not rendered unplayable just because it runs at a consoles resolution.

Zzoram

Turn off in-game AA for the resolution mod to work.

Durante will fix the tutorial messages and button prompts tomorrow.

Simulate AA by making the frame buffer resolution bigger than your native resolution and having your output resolution be your native resolution.

Top Bottom