• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

They put griefing in a co op game actually. If you don't ever want to be invaded, stay hollow. If you resort to summoning help, be prepared to face kitted out, min/maxed motherfuckers to ruin your day.

Dark Souls PvP is really fun, so even though most players rage at the Invaders, dueling or fighting groups of real players is really fun.

I sympathize with players that just want to progress through the normal game unmolested, but you can do that pretty easily. It's only if you want to summon help and make areas easier where invaders can ruin your day.

Yeah, I've never wanted to coop, so it's just after i kindle a fire. Annoying though, all of them have grinded out +15 or something weapons or better armor based on the damage they do to me vs I do to them, so even when they come find me it's a one sided fight even when some of them are just crappier players. Then there was this one guy who went to hide so he could gank me when I was fighting something else. Can't quit, can't leave the area with an invader, so I was stuck. Super fucking douchey.

phoenixyz

Oh man, yesterday I played for a bit (Undead Parish). The
Taurus Demon
who killed me the first time (like it's the easiest thing in the world) just fell off the wall the second try... *went much better than expected* Then later after the
Gargoyles
I was so pumped up, when I climbed down the
Bell Tower
I attacked this creepy guy standing there at the base of the ladder. When he started talking I realized that he is not an enemy but a friendly NPC, so I ran off... And yea, he's the guy you go to if you accidentally attack an NPC. Well, shit.

rando14

Oh man, yesterday I played for a bit (Undead Parish). The
Taurus Demon
who killed me the first time like it's the easiest thing in the world, just fell off the wall the second try... *went much better than expected* Then later after the
Gargoyles
I was so pumped up, when I climbed down the
Bell Tower
I attacked this creepy guy standing there at the base of the ladder. When he started talking I realized that this guy is not an enemy but a friendly NPC and ran off... And yea, he's the guy you go too if you accidentally attack an NPC. Well, shit.

ROFL yeah i think quite a few of soulsgaf did the same thing! You slide down the ladder after a boss fight, turn around... MOTHERFUCKER DONT SNEAK UP BEHIND ME

Farooq

Banned
Random question. Did I fuck up my dex/faith build?

It was a basic cookie cutter build with minor changes, here are my stats.

Cleric - SL 109

Vit- 25
Att- 16
End- 40
Str- 16
Dex- 45
Res- b
Int- b
Fai- 30

At SL 125, my Vit will only get to 41 mainly because I put 5 extra points into Dex. Those 5 points seem redundant in a Dex/Faith build. Not to mention since I primarily use an uchi, I wasted another 2 points in Str that could have been better utilized.

I don't know, it seems those extra points could have better used in Vit. Am I stressing too much over this?

Booshka

Random question. Did I fuck up my dex/faith build?

It was a basic cookie cutter build with minor changes, here are my stats.

Cleric - SL 109

Vit- 25
Att- 16
End- 40
Str- 16
Dex- 45
Res- b
Int- b
Fai- 30

At SL 125, my Vit will only get to 41 mainly because I put 5 extra points into Dex. Those 5 points seem redundant in a Dex/Faith build. Not to mention since I primarily use an uchi, I wasted another 2 points in Str that could have been better utilized.

I don't know, it seems those extra points could have better used in Vit. Am I stressing too much over this?

If you combine Pyro and Faith spells it will make the extra 5 Dex points worth it. Also, you can try out a lot more weapons with 16 STR, the Flamberge is a great one to mess around with. Otherwise, you did waste about 7 points of Vitality, which will make a big difference in PvP.

Farooq

Banned
If you combine Pyro and Faith spells it will make the extra 5 Dex points worth it. Also, you can try out a lot more weapons with 16 STR, the Flamberge is a great one to mess around with. Otherwise, you did waste about 7 points of Vitality, which will make a big difference in PvP.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I figured those Vit points were crucial. I am undecided if I just roll with it or start over with a more optimized build.

The bkgaxe is a monster, do keep it. I was lucky and got the drop from the knight in the Catacombs, so I replaced my bk straight sword with it and adjusted my armour to keep the mid-roll (not enough endurance for fast-roll especially since I do like to keep a shield around, but aiming at a mid-roll lets me get some poise and be mobile enough). Then I upgraded it to +5 with all the twinkling I had gotten from the crow trades and the crystal lizards so far and.... geez, no wonder it has those requirements and little scaling, it's ridiculous haha. Was one-shotting everything for a while. And unlike the clunky zweihander, it's pretty damn fast-swinging too.

...Yet my vit is still low cause I almost only leveled up str and dex, so I'm kind of a glass canon. It's fun though, different playstyle than what I'm used to. And I still managed to get killed (twice!) by the damn raven creatures in the Painted World, haha.

Yea it's a good weapon, it's heavy though, so be prepared for that. Be sure to mix it up with 2 hand attacks and 1 hand attacks, as you should be doing with Strength weapons anyway.

I finally raised up my dex to use the BK Great Axe and it really is great. I'm doing more damage with it at lvl3 then I am with my Raw MSS. It's a pretty great weapon and is a lot faster, but the strong attack one handed is pretty bad. It takes a real long time to pull of but I might not use it as much anyways because of the light attacks strength anyways.

I just started a wanderer so I could try my hand at using katanas to fight since they do a lot of damage and are super fast. So far I've been beating bosses super fast with him and got to The Depths in a few hours. This might be my main after I'm done beating the game with my warrior.

Morokh

Just rang the first bell, now just a simple question, all those items I don't need .. can I sell them or something ? or do I just put them in my bottomless chest ?

Oynox

Unfortunately I am not allowed to open up new topics yet, therefore I hope someone can post this.

A Reddit user named MkfShard attendet Comic Con and got his hands on the demo. He answered in this thread and gave following information:

New Mechanics:
  • Every action feels a bit more weighty. You're committing more to each movement.
  • You're no longer invincible during any special animation, like opening doors or entering bonfires.
  • Magic has been expanded! Each spell now has a weak and strong attack, and some are even chargeable! Two-handing catalysts also changes the spell somewhat.
  • When you're targeting someone, you're no longer restricted to attacking directly at them. This kind of threw me off, as I tried to back up and then heavy attack, but then attacked backwards...
  • Enemies are much smarter. Even normal hollows were rushing me when I tried to heal.
  • The enemies the Mirror Knight summons are weak, easily killable with a single greatsword strong attack. But they distract away from the boss himself, which can get dangerous.
  • There's a shortcut in the dark basement area where the Turtle Knight is. You need to lure a firebomb hollow to blow up some explosive barrels, while rolling out of the way.
New Spells:
Sorceries:
  • Soul Arrow: Now chargeable!
  • Soul Lance: Seems pretty standard.
  • Soul Sword (Guessed Name): SO COOL!
  • Soul Rain (Guessed Name): Easily the coolest new spell. It shoots a ball of light upwards, before raining down countless Soul Arrows. However, it has an issue with low ceilings...
  • Flame Toss (Guessed Name): One of two fire spells. Seems to fire at an angle, and so it was always hitting walls instead of enemies...
  • Fireball (Guessed Name): A straight shooting fire ball that explodes. The explosion hurts you too, so watch out.
New Miracles:
  • Talisman: The Talisman was very interesting! It looks sort of like a small mace.
  • Regeneration: A prayer-like spell that slowly regenerates your health for a while. I couldn't find any standard healing on the Temple Knight.
  • Unknown Spell: I couldn't figure out what this spell did, but the symbol looked like a body with a ring around it. It is chargeable for a very long time, and it gives you a fiery aura.
  • Lightning Burst (Guessed Name): An extremely powerful Miracle that sends out a burst of lightning that crackles over a wide area and hits multiple times. With it, I was able to kill Mr. Turtle in about three hits.
  • Dark Orb (Guessed Name): With very interesting implications, it seems that Dark Magic has been integrated into Miracles! It fires off a small Dark Orb that does moderate damage.
New Items/Item Mechanics:
  • Green Blossom: It returns! However, it takes SO DAMN LONG to eat. Easily about as long as a weapon enchantment. Speaking of which...
  • Aromatic Ooze: Read: Sticky White Stuff. Extra magic weapon damage. Pretty cool.
  • Amber Herb and Twilight Herb: Magic-Use replenishment! I'm assuming that Amber Herb refills one spell, while Twilight Herb refills all of them to full.

Silex

After trying to play again for seriously after a few months, I managed to get to the first bonfire after the starting area (after the whole preparation stage), and more importantly, I've managed to parry a couple of times.
I have to say, the feeling of successfully parrying is incredibly satisfying.

Oh, and since I'm on it, I've found a few locked doors since the start of the game which seem like could be opened if I just had that master key that one of selectable characters offers. I suppose I'm not missing much by ignoring these doors?
Also, if I die, and then find my bloodstain and recover - do I get everything I lost when I died? Or is there still some penalty?

Oh, and since I'm on it, I've found a few locked doors since the start of the game which seem like could be opened if I just had that master key that one of selectable characters offers. I suppose I'm not missing much by ignoring these doors?
Also, if I die, and then find my bloodstain and recover - do I get everything I lost when I died? Or is there still some penalty?
Your bloodstain holds your souls and active humanity (the big number top left of the HUD), everything else - your items and equipment stay on you.

About the masterkey - There's isn't anywhere early on you can't get to by going the long route by the time you get to the about the forest - very early - all the doors have regular keys you pick up during regular play. And you can buy the masterkey not too far in any way, about 25% in something like that.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Unfortunately I am not allowed to open up new topics yet, therefore I hope someone can post this.

A Reddit user named MkfShard attendet Comic Con and got his hands on the demo. He answered in this thread and gave following information:

When you're targeting someone, you're no longer restricted to attacking directly at them. This kind of threw me off, as I tried to back up and then heavy attack, but then attacked backwards...

This part is the only one that made me frown. Is he really saying you can't strafe backwards anymore? :S

rando14

whew, finished up
sen's fortress
and started
anor londo

...this game certainly has a way of testing your patience lol

at least I got a cool lightning spear :)

Grampasso

Ok, so I got the game on the Steam Daily deals and put some playtime on it. Chose thief with the Master Key as my class. I've currently rang the first bell and fooled around a bit. Tried the Capra Demon a couple of times, being instantly crushed (currently my SL is < 30) and I don't know if I'm supposed to be there. I fooled around another bit, opened a lot of shortcuts connecting the main area to the ones I just reached. Found the drakes place and ran off when I "accidentally" stabbed an undead one who was lying apparently dead on a treasure. The blue ones are just too much (I do 14 dmg XD). I killed the
Creepy moth thing and collected the divine ember and a Basement-something key I suppose will open a closed door near the Capra Demon room
. I have a lot of doubts about what I should be using as weapon (currently I'm still using the bandit's knife and a longsword). I've been pumping mainly DEX-STR-VIT-END, with a much more focus on DEX (which is at like 23-24). Am I fucking it up? XD

Ok, so I got the game on the Steam Daily deals and put some playtime on it. Chose thief with the Master Key as my class. I've currently rang the first bell and fooled around a bit. Tried the Capra Demon a couple of times, being instantly crushed (currently my SL is < 30) and I don't know if I'm supposed to be there.
Yep, it's the logical path and killing Capra opens the next part of the game.

Since you've done the Moonlight butterfly, did you scour the Forest really well? There is a item there
Wolf ring
that comes in very handy for Capra and his pooches, especially if you're in light armour.

I have a lot of doubts about what I should be using as weapon (currently I'm still using the bandit's knife and a longsword). I've been pumping mainly DEX-STR-VIT-END, with a much more focus on DEX (which is at like 23-24). Am I fucking it up? XD
Take advantage of those Dex stat points by upgrading a weapon that scales with Dex - each weapon has a stat page, check that for what stat they scale well with (I post it about once every couple of days, so it should only be a page or two back in any of the DS threads! XD )

Levelling up:
Vit & End are always good investments
Resistance is useless
Strength for big ass weapons
Dex for stabby/slashy weapons
Both Dex & Str for "quality" weapons (ones that scale with both stats, not just one of the two)
Magic: Faith = Miracles, Sorcery = Magic, Attunement = how many spells you can "carry", Pyro isn't tied to any stat and is good for any build.

Vitten

Has any of you ever started a new game with the overpowered Gravelord Sword ? Fun times !

It's actually not that hard to get it right from the start: from Firelink Shrine, shed some weight so you can fastroll, then sprint through the graveyard ignoring all the skellies and sprint into the catacombs.
Quickly turn the lever next to the bonfire to open the catacombs door, keep dodging the skellies and after running over the first bridge use the shortcut to the right of the bridge to jump down and land at the entrance of the part with the Titanite Demon and the coffins. Run/roll passed the Demon to grab the eyes of Death , then run/roll passed him again and enter the coffin in the same hall which takes you to Nito.

Join his covenant and voila ! Gravelord Sword is yours within 5 minutes after arriving in Lordran and without having to kill a single ennemy.

Now have fun demolishing the early opposition with a sword that does 287 damage two-handed ( requires 16 strength 2-handed, 13 dex, so a Warrior only has to level up strength 3 times to wield it )

Grampasso

Yep, it's the logical path and killing Capra opens the next part of the game.

Since you've done the Moonlight butterfly, did you scour the Forest really well? There is a item there
Wolf ring
that comes in very handy for Capra and his pooches, especially if you're in light armour.

Take advantage of those Dex stat points by upgrading a weapon that scales with Dex - each weapon has a stat page, check that for what stat they scale well with (I post it about once every couple of days, so it should only be a page or two back in any of the DS threads! XD )

Levelling up:
Vit & End are always good investments
Resistance is useless
Strength for big ass weapons
Dex for stabby/slashy weapons
Both Dex & Str for "quality" weapons (ones that scale with both stats, not just one of the two)
Magic: Faith = Miracles, Sorcery = Magic, Attunement = how many spells you can "carry", Pyro isn't tied to any stat and is good for any build.
Yes, I got the
Wolf ring
thanks to me being human after the
Moth fight
. Obviously I died like an idiot failing the jump to go back to the main area from the place where I found it :D.

So I should be looking for weapons with B+ on STR/DEX modifiers (I'm glad I got this right then). Also, I focused on maintaing the Bandit's Knife thanks to its critical multiplier (147) which is unparalleled up to now, but I noticed that advancing in the game I don't have many occasions to do critical attacks (they apply only to warrior/knight enemies of normal size I suppose, the ones with attacks I can parry or stab from the back), so I suppose I'll have to search in my inventory for weapons with the good modifiers and enhance those.
Thanks for the tips!
For easy soul farming once people have "kicked the ladder" (if you've done it you know what I mean):
- rest at the bonfire with the mentioned ladder
- climb the ladder and continue going up the stairs until you reach the
bridge with the dragon
- once there quickly
run on the bridge and go back down the stairs. If you're quick enough the dragon will burn all of the soldier netting you 555 souls
- go back to the bonfire and rest
- rinse and repeat
Every iteration should lasts less than 2 mins =)

Xyber

So, I got 35 hours in this game now since I got it 5 days ago. It's pretty damn good and now the nonexistent hype I had for DS2 has increased a lot.

Nothing shall stop this fucker.
01001DCDBD99221014B7511B6408DD41FF9EB618

Booshka

Yes, I got the
Wolf ring
thanks to me being human after the
Moth fight
. Obviously I died like an idiot failing the jump to go back to the main area from the place where I found it :D.

So I should be looking for weapons with B+ on STR/DEX modifiers (I'm glad I got this right then). Also, I focused on maintaing the Bandit's Knife thanks to its critical multiplier (147) which is unparalleled up to now, but I noticed that advancing in the game I don't have many occasions to do critical attacks (they apply only to warrior/knight enemies of normal size I suppose, the ones with attacks I can parry or stab from the back), so I suppose I'll have to search in my inventory for weapons with the good modifiers and enhance those.
Thanks for the tips!
For easy soul farming once people have "kicked the ladder" (if you've done it you know what I mean):
- rest at the bonfire with the mentioned ladder
- climb the ladder and continue going up the stairs until you reach the
bridge with the dragon
- once there quickly
run on the bridge and go back down the stairs. If you're quick enough the dragon will burn all of the soldier netting you 555 souls
- go back to the bonfire and rest
- rinse and repeat
Every iteration should lasts less than 2 mins =)

If you have a Longsword as well I recommend investing in that as your main weapon instead of the Bandit Knife. Like you said, Bandit Knife is more situational, whereas the Longsword is extremely versatile with a varied moveset.

Your Stat focus is excellent, I would stop leveling Dex for a little bit, increase your Vit, and Endurance to like 20, then get your Str to 16. I suggest overall shooting for a quality build with high str, and dex. So shoot for 28 STR and 40 DEX, with 40 endurance and Vit as well. Throwing a couple points toward attunement for pyro is fine as well. But pure melee with high dex and str is great for first playthrough, you can use any weapon effectively when upgraded normally.

Just upgrade that Longsword and use it more often, level accordingly and you'll be on your way in no time.

Grampasso

If you have a Longsword as well I recommend investing in that as your main weapon instead of the Bandit Knife. Like you said, Bandit Knife is more situational, whereas the Longsword is extremely versatile with a varied moveset.

Your Stat focus is excellent, I would stop leveling Dex for a little bit, increase your Vit, and Endurance to like 20, then get your Str to 16. I suggest overall shooting for a quality build with high str, and dex. So shoot for 28 STR and 40 DEX, with 40 endurance and Vit as well. Throwing a couple points toward attunement for pyro is fine as well. But pure melee with high dex and str is great for first playthrough, you can use any weapon effectively when upgraded normally.

Just upgrade that Longsword and use it more often, level accordingly and you'll be on your way in no time.
Thanks, I was already using the Longsword+3 as my second melee choice and a bow as secondary weapon. I've also found plenty of supposedly rare (?) items like the Black Knight Greatsword and the Boar Helm but they require quite a bit of str/end to equip. Currently in the sewers, the much dreaded frogs weren't a big deal :D

dsp

I decided to start replaying Dark Souls, but I just made a huge mistake. I went down into the Tomb of Giants, but the gate is sealed... I forgot about the damn Lordvessel! Now I'm fighting my way back through the Tomb of Giants and into the Catacombs. I made it to the pinwheel skeletons and they destroyed me.

Damn, GAF. My hate over Demon's Souls absolutely made me neglect Dark Souls when it came out and boy do I regret that decision. I have played well over an hour last night and only died once (because of that stupid dragon flying over the bridge opening his mouth).

I am sure there will be plenty of occasions where I will die, but the overall battle system is far easier than I thought it would be. I think that a lot of people find this game tough because of the common fact that modern day games numbed us.

Everything is rush rush rush today. Getting hit is almost never a danger, and even if it is you can consume potions on the fly without a penalty (at least in Dark Souls you have to stand still).

I even defeated that first troll like creature you get. The one that jumps down on the castle walls. At the start I wanted to run away, but his attacks were so slow that I could anticipate his every attack and dodge or block my way out of it.

I believe this is where the game truly shines. Getting to know your enemies and their patterns.

I absolutely adore this game.

I decided to start replaying Dark Souls, but I just made a huge mistake. I went down into the Tomb of Giants, but the gate is sealed... I forgot about the damn Lordvessel! Now I'm fighting my way back through the Tomb of Giants and into the Catacombs. I made it to the pinwheel skeletons and they destroyed me.
I've been there, doing early runs for loot and then forgetting about the orange fog! I'm guessing you used a bonfire in TotG otherwise you can homebone out.

Pick off the bonewheel skeletons one by one by getting their attention with an arrow first.

zkylon

zkylewd
Damn, GAF. My hate over Demon's Souls absolutely made me neglect Dark Souls when it came out and boy do I regret that decision. I have played well over an hour last night and only died once (because of that stupid dragon flying over the bridge opening his mouth).

I am sure there will be plenty of occasions where I will die, but the overall battle system is far easier than I thought it would be. I think that a lot of people find this game tough because of the common fact that modern day games numbed us.

Everything is rush rush rush today. Getting hit is almost never a danger, and even if it is you can consume potions on the fly without a penalty (at least in Dark Souls you have to stand still).

I even defeated that first troll like creature you get. The one that jumps down on the castle walls. At the start I wanted to run away, but his attacks were so slow that I could anticipate his every attack and dodge or block my way out of it.

I believe this is where the game truly shines. Getting to know your enemies and their patterns.

I absolutely adore this game.
glad you switched to the good side

welcome to heaven

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah, glad to be here.

I just need to know how to defend myself against certain status effects like poison and curse because those rats are more annoying than those skeletons.
there are armors and rings that grant resistances against status effects and you can cleanse them off with some items

against rats just block or dodge their attacks

there are armors and rings that grant resistances against status effects and you can cleanse them off with some items

against rats just block or dodge their attacks

Ah, I see. So just like your typical action orientated RPG's.

I do not know if I am going to prefer my heavy strength build because it seems dodging is much more efficient.

But we'll see what happens in the later fights. There were plenty of times already where the shield saved my ass.

Grampasso

Yesterday night I took a hit with this game.
After dying only once in the
Depths
due to an invasion (actually I think it was a scripted event tbh), I reached
Blighttown
. Jesus Christ, I swear this is the worst location in any game I've ever played, speaking about enemies coming out from nowhere, falling to death every fake step or because you're just blocking and you get pushed over a ledge. Reached a bonfire in the location but didn't kindle it. Managed to reach the next area,
the poisonous waste or whatever.
Kicked the ass of somestone giants throwing boulders. At this point I was in an area where I had to traverse the poisonous waste with more than one giant waiting for me on the other hand. Found some kind of wheel I could use to go somewhere up... following some messages saying it was a shortcut for I don't know where. Well arriving up I found something like 6-7 of those toxic snipers crippling me. Back to the bonfire in Blighttown, no anti-toxin and no anti-poison. Shit.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Don't give up! If you have homeward bones, try this:

Go back to the area where the blowdart snipers are and try to kill a few of them before they kill you. They always drop moss, sometimes blooming though usually just the standard purple. But they drop a few at once, so you should have enough to sustain you for a bit.

If you are about to die and run out of Estus, just homeward bone back. But was the bonfire you found the one in the rickety village place, or the one at the bottom of the swamp? If the former, do try to find the swamp bonfire first. It's not very far from where you first land in the swamp (when you climb down those walkways, make your way to the right and follow the wall, you should eventually find a large opening where that bonfire is. You might get poisoned on the way but no biggie, once you've rested at that bonfire, it'll fix it. When try to go back to that elevator area and kill the snipers and homeward bone with your moss if you're in too much trouble.

If you have no homeward bone and they don't drop blooming moss and you're too low on Estus, well, consider it a suicide run... xD At least you'll have enough normal moss to explore the swamp and reach the boss without being stuck fighting it while poisoned.

Grampasso

Don't give up! If you have homeward bones, try this:

Go back to the area where the blowdart snipers are and try to kill a few of them before they kill you. They always drop moss, sometimes blooming though usually just the standard purple. But they drop a few at once, so you should have enough to sustain you for a bit.

If you are about to die and run out of Estus, just homeward bone back. But was the bonfire you found the one in the rickety village place, or the one at the bottom of the swamp? If the former, do try to find the swamp bonfire first. It's not very far from where you first land in the swamp (when you climb down those walkways, make your way to the right and follow the wall, you should eventually find a large opening where that bonfire is. You might get poisoned on the way but no biggie, once you've rested at that bonfire, it'll fix it. When try to go back to that elevator area and kill the snipers and homeward bone with your moss if you're in too much trouble.

If you have no homeward bone and they don't drop blooming moss and you're too low on Estus, well, consider it a suicide run... xD At least you'll have enough normal moss to explore the swamp and reach the boss without being stuck fighting it while poisoned.
Thanks for the tips. The one I found is the one just after
the set of big poisonus enemies dropping dung pie, near the red hounds spitting fire.
The biggest problem is I'm running low on arrows, maybe I should go back to the merchant at in the
Depths

Thanks for the tips. The one I found is the one just after
the set of big poisonus enemies dropping dung pie, near the red hounds spitting fire.
The biggest problem is I'm running low on arrows, maybe I should go back to the merchant at in the
Depths
Quicker to exit the other way and use one of the Undead merchants (Undead Burg or aquaduct), then homebone back to Blighttown.

Grampasso

Quicker to exit the other way and use one of the Undead merchants (Undead Burg or aquaduct), then homebone back to Blighttown.
o_O how am I supposed to get there? Probably the other route I didn't go for? There's a ladder going down but it's full of dogs/undead near the base of the ladder, I fear I could be dead before touching the ground XD

o_O how am I supposed to get there? Probably the other route I didn't go for? There's a ladder going down but it's full of dogs/undead near the base of the ladder, I fear I could be dead before touching the ground XD
You know the tunnel area with all the toxic blowdart guys - before you even enter that part, there is a ladder UP, then a couple more. Then you're out of Blighttown.

That isn't the way to the boss, just the way out :)

zkylon

zkylewd
Ah, I see. So just like your typical action orientated RPG's.

I do not know if I am going to prefer my heavy strength build because it seems dodging is much more efficient.

But we'll see what happens in the later fights. There were plenty of times already where the shield saved my ass.
personally I enjoy the light roll too much to wear heavy armor but I wouldn't know if it's more "efficient". it's just what I like

Berto

This is my first time playing Dark Souls. I'm loving it, best experience I had in a long time.

I'm at the
swamp in blighttown
, I must say
blighttown
is not so bad at least compared with the ominous fame it has. Before playing Dark Souls there were some things I knew about it and
blighttown
was one of them, it was supposed to be terrifying, but it's going well by now.

Because this is my first time in Dark Souls I can feel I'm making mistakes that will bite me in the long run, specially with my char. In terms of equipment I'm not really going completely by stats, but how it feels and how it makes me more comfortable.

I love to be fast and mobile (I excel against big brutes :D ) and I'm still using a Balder Side sword, it's so light, fast and as a lot of range. I have more powerful weapons but the Balder sword just feels right. The same with the armor, I have huge metal armors but they are sooo slow, I'm still using a black leather set.

I'm afraid in the long run I'll have to upgrade to more powerful equipment and somehow it will all fall apart.

Grampasso

You know the tunnel area with all the toxic blowdart guys - before you even enter that part, there is a ladder UP, then a couple more. Then you're out of Blighttown.

That isn't the way to the boss, just the way out :)
Ok, but I need to reach the bonfire in the swamp first. I'll try to do it just outrunning enemies up to the swamp

Booshka

It's quite hard to get summoned on PC. Shame.

My biggest problem with the PC version is the lower activity and failed invasions and summons. It's a great first platform to play the game on for performance and customization. But, since I only ever really play online Dark Souls now, barely being able to co-op or PvP is really frustrating.

Grampasso

Yes, the bonfire was quite near in the swamp! I went back to the area with the blowdart guys, but instead I took a series of ladders which brought me to
a tunnel leading to Valley of Drakes
So I remembered I already had been right there, infact I took the near exit which brought me to
the New Londo entrance, and consequently to the main area.
I went back to the swamp attempting the boss. I find the way from the bonfire to it it's a bit too much long, plus you can't avoid being poisoned in the process. Though I died at the boss she doesn't seem that difficult. The only problem, due to her attacks being fire based, I can't full block them, so I ended up having to heal even without taking direct hits, so I died that way because I don't seem to do that much dmg. Guess I need to find something more effective or maybe some fire protection. Also the ranged route doesn't seem viable
due to her jump attack

Hzoltan69

Damn this game. I played it for more than a 100 hours previously (up to the four kings in NG+), now I started a new character just for some fun and this game is stealing all my free time again. And I still suck in PvP...

(Durante is a God)

Top Bottom