• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

You can find the ending in the game's folder in a wmv format. It's like I don't even need to play the game!

xBTEU.gif

Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition – NeoGAFer ‘Durante’ to the rescue – Resolution Fix Released

Posted on August 24, 2012 by John Papadopoulos

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition will be unlocked in a couple of hours and we bet that most of you are really disappointed with the game’s resolution lock. Well, NeoGAF user ‘Durante‘ decided to take a look at this game and after 23 minutes, the modder figured out a way to unlock the game’s internal resolution. We should also note that the modder did not have any access to the game’s source code. So kudos to him and boohoo to From Software for not fixing something that would take them a couple of hours.

Durante has not released this resolution fix yet, but you can view below some screenshots from Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition Durante Remix. As a bonus, we’ve included a third picture of Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition vanilla and as you can see, the difference is huge.

Furthermore, Durante will take a look – after releasing the resolution fix – and might release a framerate unlocker.

Durante’s fix will be a configuration file in which players will be able to select a variety of resolutions. Aspect ratio will be also unlocked.

Enjoy and do not ever underestimate the power of modders!

UPDATE:
Durante has released his resolution fix application that can be downloaded from here.
http://www.dsogaming.com/news/dark-...te-to-the-rescue-working-on-a-resolution-fix/

Emitan

You need to take each encounter as if it were a boss. You can't go through the game expecting to mow down enemy after enemy. So far what works best for me is to lure each enemy from the others.

I played Demon's Souls like 5000 years ago.

Also I hate the 360 controller and I'm too tired to make my PS3 controller work. I'm not in the right mental state for this right now.

LiK

I played Demon's Souls like 5000 years ago.

Also I hate the 360 controller and I'm too tired to make my PS3 controller work. I'm not in the right mental state for this right now.

i have to admit, i don't like playing it with 360 pad either. just doesn't feel good using the bumpers. (yes, i have both console versions)

This game is unpossible to play with a keyboard and my 360 pad doesn't work with it. Gonna have to sit on this til I can play it with a controller :/

I reported earlier that I was having very poor performance on my 7970 earlier. I want to update. I'm currently downsampling from 2560x1600 to 1920x1080, I'm forcing fullscreen window mode with this utility http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/39550#content and I disabled motion blur and the drops seem to have suddenly gone away. Now I just beat the tutorial boss so I haven't been playing long but I really hope this holds up.

Edit: Nevermind :( They are back.

Damn GFWL ripped me off, I didn't get the achievement for getting to Lordran even though I'm well past the point it's given...not cool :(

Other than that I'm quite pleased to see it runs on my PC, I was afraid it wouldn't but nope, it indeed does!

Zzoram

My 360 pad works so far. Why does the game default to windowed mode?

For people who's 360 pad doesn't work, plug it in BEFORE starting the game, maybe that will fix it? That's what I did.

My 360 pad works so far. Why does the game default to windowed mode?

For people who's 360 pad doesn't work, plug it in BEFORE starting the game, maybe that will fix it? That's what I did.

Doesn't work for me. I've tried rebooting, plugging and unplugging before and after booting the game. Doesn't recognize it at all

Level 16 bandit. No deaths yet, and yes, I played this on 360. Good stopping place for the night.

Durante, you saved this port. Without your .ini tweak this game made my eyes bleed.

Doesn't work for me. I've tried rebooting, plugging and unplugging before and after booting the game. Doesn't recognize it at all

Actually, I just got it to work by removing a Wii mote that wasn't hooked up to my system but still had an entry in my "Devices and Printers" list. Worked fine after that.

anyone else having trouble signing in to GFWL? it gets to the point where it is downloading my profile and then it says there are connection issues.

Raxus

Gargoyles down, that was easy. Now onto the next boss, I think sewer is next.

Killed my first invader as well!

Ciastek3214

I DO NOT NEED!
(he does not need)
A PATCH FROM FROM!
(a patch from FROM)
DARK SOULS IS FUCKING
(fucking)
MODDABLEEEEEEEE!

I DID NOT MEAN!
(he did not mean)
TO BLOW YOUR MIND!
(blow your mind)
BUT THAT SHIT HAPPENS TO ME!
ALL THE TIIIIMEEEEE!

WELL TAKE A LOOK
(take a look)
TELL ME WHAT DO YOU SEE
(what do you see)
WITHOUT THE FIX
FROM DURANTEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Melody here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdKoXXg6FFE

I have both that and Steam running, Windows signed in before I launch the game, and yet I cannot get the game to recognize that I am signed in at all..=/

Any help or tips? My controller doesn't work as well, but I figure that may be because of the former issue.

neoemonk

Played Demon's Souls as a magic character (cheesed my way through).

I'm picking this up, either on Steam or PS3 if the PC reaction is completely unfavorable.

I'm tempted to do a melee only character just to see if I can hack it, but I'm honestly a little scared.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

I'm picking this up, either on Steam or PS3 if the PC reaction is completely unfavorable.

I'm tempted to do a melee only character just to see if I can hack it, but I'm honestly a little scared.

Don't be. I finished this on 360 as a Bandit. Glorious melee combat is where its at.

LiK

master parry and backstabs and you're pretty much unstoppable.

Top Bottom