• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

CaLe

Anyone here looking to get Borderlands 2 ? I have an extra key and I'm interested in trying out Dark Souls...

Anyone willing to trade ?

SparkTR

I'd buy this if:

1. Scamco didn't raise the price to $70USD in my region
  2. Didn't block my IP from buying it from GMG and their vouchers

As awesome as Durante has made the port, it's still too shit to justify spending that much money on it.

Oh for fuck sake.

Thank god I didn't buy the game yet. Apparently GFWL isn't supported in Malaysia, so the game has disappeared from my country's Steam Store.

I'm a little pissed about it though, seeing as I do want to play the game one day. Could I still play the game if I asked a friend from another country to buy it for me?

zkylon

zkylewd
Finally found the launch trailer in YT (sorry if really really old :p): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeHdpZt2Tuk

Oh for fuck sake.

Thank god I didn't buy the game yet. Apparently GFWL isn't supported in Malaysia, so the game has disappeared from my country's Steam Store.

I'm a little pissed about it though, seeing as I do want to play the game one day. Could I still play the game if I asked a friend from another country to buy it for me?
The game isn't available in my country either (Argentina) but I can still play my GMG copy, if that helps.

Decided to go straight down to blighttown as soon as I got out of the tutorial

with maneater mildred's help I managed to kill Quelaag fairly easily. it was pretty intense though. My heart was pounding the entire time. I didn't think i'd be able to do it straight out of the gate, but I was able to get enough souls to level up enough to get some decent HP and stats to use the tin banishment catalyst. Did pick up a few other items (dragon crest shield, crimson set) before getting down there though. Ringing the second bell first feels so good

http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2403-13-1t3sqi.png
http://www.abload.de/img/data2012-08-2403-14-1mxs2g.png

Dascu

Hmm weird, the deadzone of my 360 controller seems off. Holding forward/up all the way isn't making me run, just walk. Right now I have to zig-zag to run.

iNvid02

i dont even have a full sword, i think it snapped in half when i was swinging at those freaks in the beginning

help me gaf

data20120824084439779gbqur.png

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I can't believe PC players didn't at least petition to get "YOU DEFEATED" instead of "VICTORY ACHIEVED"

Much more important than asking for proper resolutions.

Had pre-ordered from GMG, on vacation for the past 10 days, hoped to be able to download the game by using the neighbour's broadband but my PC broke down 5 days ago.

I am very happy to see that modders kicked ass though. As soon as I am back in the UK and fix my PC, I will jump in the game.

Sethos

Banned
i dont even have a full sword, i think it snapped in half when i was swinging at those freaks in the beginning

help me gaf

data20120824084439779gbqur.png

Run over to the left side of the wall, you'll find a door, go through it. You aren't supposed to fight him yet. In a green corridor you'll find a shield and a broadsword.

Enkidu

Is a mouse and keyboard viable at all, or a guaranteed ticket to death?
From what I can tell by looking through the menus it's more accurate to call it "keyboard" than "mouse and keyboard". I hope someone can manage to mod in some better controls because after running around a bit using a 360 controller, I just know I'm going to go crazy trying to play the game like that.

Hmm weird, the deadzone of my 360 controller seems off. Holding forward/up all the way isn't making me run, just walk. Right now I have to zig-zag to run.

I have this issue too. No idea whats causing it. For some reason when I use a PS3 controller in motioninjoy with 360 controller emulation it doesn't happen

Weirdest part is when you actually start running after zigzagging, pointing in the direction you first moved in will cause you to start walking again until you move the stick somewhere else

Nirran

Sat down to play for a few minutes and ended up playing for a good two hours. First time player with Dark Souls and it's so good and looks great at 5120x3200. Hoping AMD gets a fix out though as I would randomly drop frames for no reason. Got a bit hairy when it would decide to drop during a fight.

i have the german version. anyone knows how to activate english language? is this even possible?

It would be great if this could be added to the OP:
Q. How do I change the language?
You can change the language by changing "Format:" under Control Panel, Region and Language, Formats. This is (supposedly) the default method GFWL games determine language.

I get 15 fps slowdowns when backstabbing havel and the hydra area.

Framebuffer 1200p
athlon x4 at 3ghz
NVIDIA gtx 480

My gpu usage remains very low according to afterburner.

MLH

God dammit Green man gaming! I ordered physical copy with 1st class postage and they said it would be dispatched for arrival on release day. I've not received any dispatch email (but that is usually just a courtesy and not necessary), postman has been and gone with no game delivered... I've got a whole day off with no new game.
I'll just sit here and browse this thread, reading about everyone's play through. At least GAF can give me some entertainment.

Edit: Oh shit, shouldn't complain so soon, arrived by van just now in a rather oversized boxed. Bravo GMG.

Icomp

I have to ask, I've heard so much that Smough and Ornstein are supposed to be hard. I really expected to die alot.

I defeated them in my first try and had no idea what I was getting myself into. Just went close-up and hammered away without any trouble at all. Did any patch take care of the difficulty?

Strange, how a level 15 can be invaded by someone who have already killed
Four Kings
?

You can get Dark Hands as drops from NPC Darkwraiths now, so the most the guy would have had to do is kill whats-his-face in New Londo, take the key and drain the water.

Grief.exe

Alright going to bed. Making slow progress since its my first time.

Made my way through the Undead Burgh, defeated the Taurus Demon, now found the blacksmith bonfire in the Undead Parish and the lift back to where you start.

Slowly but surely, gonna go to bed now though. Make some more progress tomorrow.

I really like how you aren't told anything, just thrown out and told to make progress.

I wonder if any of the items got rebalanced again besides DWGR? And I also can't wait to see if they added a bunch of new weapons but none of the wikis have good updated info yet. :/

Top Bottom