• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

antitrop

Has anyone else ran into an issue with Wired 360 Controller for Windows where the character will stop running and start walking?

Sometimes just randomly it it will go from a full run to a brisk walk through the park, with no input change to the controller.

EDIT: I accidentally a word.

Alastor

God dammit Green man gaming! I ordered physical copy with 1st class postage and they said it would be dispatched for arrival on release day. I've not received any dispatch email (but that is usually just a courtesy and not necessary), postman has been and gone with no game delivered... I've got a whole day off with no new game.
I'll just sit here and browse this thread, reading about everyone's play through. At least GAF can give me some entertainment.

Similar situation here. Play other games? I should concentrate on uni, but I'm doing all the studying with GAF tabs opened.

Dascu

Has anyone else ran into an issue with Wired 360 Controller for Windows where the character will running and start walking?

Sometimes just randomly it it will go from a full run to a brisk walk through the park, with no input change to the controller.
I have this issue too. No idea whats causing it. For some reason when I use a PS3 controller in motioninjoy with 360 controller emulation it doesn't happen

Weirdest part is when you actually start running after zigzagging, pointing in the direction you first moved in will cause you to start walking again until you move the stick somewhere else

Hmm weird, the deadzone of my 360 controller seems off. Holding forward/up all the way isn't making me run, just walk. Right now I have to zig-zag to run.

I guess you have the same issue?

Edit: Clicking the left stick down (don't need to hold) seems to alleviate this issue.

psy18

Thanks to Durante, I re-bought the game.

Controller mapping was a problem but fortunately x360ce works perfectly!

No problem so far with my Horipad3 pro. Perfect PS3 control layout mapping.

The game isn't using the GPU at all, it seems like it's running a CPU-reliant software renderer or something? My 4,3GHz 2500K doesn't drop frames whatsoever at 1080p, but certain effects (water ripples, backstabs, bonfires) make it drop to all hell if I supersample at a higher resolution.

Murkas

Where does the game save to? Even though I've never experienced the GFWL save data issue, I don't really wanna risk it with this game so I'm planning to back up the save after every session.

And Fucking hell are the controls bad.

Zzoram

They really should've fixed that tiny ring gift description. It doesn't regen HP, it adds 30HP to your max (which is not very much).

Zzoram

Yes, they should. Reason why I effin' chose it :|

They've had so many opportunities to fix it, several patches and now the DLC/PC release, and they still haven't fixed it lolol.

It's a funny troll I guess, and doesn't matter in the end. All the gifts can be found in-game.

Forkball

I just got to the blacksmith in Undead Parish. The game is a lot of fun so far, though I have had my share of frustrating deaths. Especially against the Taurus. I was ONE HIT away from defeating him once. Next time I went back, he died in about six seconds. I really have no idea where I'm going at all though. I know there's some bells I'm supposed to ring... and I'm a zombie sometimes... yeah ok.

I really wish I could read the little signs left by players (Durante's resolution fix makes them unreadable.) I think it would have saved me a few deaths. I can predict what some of them said after I died. It's also amusing to see bloodstains in the most random places. You'd be amazed at how many blood stains you see right at bonfires.

Bedlam

Is it this time possible to choose a friend to play with co-operatively?
Only indirectly. You guys need to agree on a place for the sign, preferably a hidden corner so other players don't summon you. Wait for about 10-15 seconds after placing the sign and if it doesn't appear in your friends game, place it again. Repeat until it appears.

As far as I understand, the game "groups" players and each time you lay down the sign, it appears within a different group's game. At least that is what I read once but with this game you never know if it truly works like that.

Bedlam

I can't kill him and he keeps on chasing me.
You could try to push him down a cliff or just run away.

Personally, I'd just start over. You can do the tutorial level in 10 minutes. I kinda like the guy's hilarious voice-overs (the laughter!) so I like to have him there.

Perkel

Banned
They should have patched the game to just give everyone the Master Key and removed the choice of a starting gift.

Nope dude. Master Key totaly break the game. With it you can just go before blightown and get sword and shield wich will drive you through half of game.

If someone plays first time DS they should not get master key.

Hmm. I think I'm going to start again as Pyromancer and switch to the Master Key. Knight/Twin Souls just isn't doing it for me.

Splatt

You could try to push him down a cliff or just run away.

Personally, I'd just start over. You can do the tutorial level in 10 minutes. I kinda like the guy's hilarious voice-overs (the laughter!) so I like to have him there.

That worked
KuGsj.gif

I can't kill him and he keeps on chasing me.

lol. I remember the first time I tried it I was pretty geared up and thought I would demolish him just to see what item he'd drop. He goes absolutely savage. Here's a spoiler about him if you let him live.
He goes hollow anyways towards the end of the game and attacks you. Which I thought was a much easier fight than challenging him when he was alive.

Top Bottom