• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Ionic

No really, how do you enable a wired 360 pad in this game? Nothing but the button to bring up GFWL is working and it won't let me bind actions to the gamepad either.

Anybody want to detail the new matchmaking? Is it for coop or just pvp?

I want to know this as well, still unclear, although I'm led to believe it's just the arena PVP.

Downloading, I can give 100% certain answer when I get it up and running later.

Zarx

So are the GMG codes good to go for someone in NZ?

I have been leaning towards a retail copy as it is cheaper than Steam and has some nice extras, but GMG is cheaper and activates on Steam which is nice so if that works fine I might just go for that. If there is no issues for people in AUS/NZ.

No really, how do you enable a wired 360 pad in this game? Nothing but the button to bring up GFWL is working and it won't let me bind actions to the gamepad either.

I had the same issue with a wireless gamepad yesterday. It turns out that I had a Wiimote still active as a DEVICE. I disabled it and my 360 pad worked fine.

RaffAO

I can't figure it out either. I have a wired 360 pad that just isn't doing anything. The Xbox button on it brings up GFWL though.

Make sure to unplug any other USB controllers and try deleting your ini file from

C:\Users\Raff\AppData\Local\NBGI

Ionic

Yeah, I had a generic Logitech controller and a Novint Falcon plugged in while trying to play which was causing the issue I guess.

Just bought the game. Why WOULDN'T anyone buy the retail, aside from playing it during midnight launch? Soundtrack, making-of DVD, postcards, glorious artbook and a huge-ass wallpaper.

6yPRo.jpg

Hargenx

I made the mistake of try to play this with K/M, what a hell, is IMPOSSIBLE, gonna use my 360 controller, I just don't feel right using controller in PC game, but...

Bedlam

I'm pretty sure elite knight is one of the most balanced armour sets. Though that might have changed in a patch.
Elite Knight armor was too good in vanilla DS, and yes, they patched it. It's still pretty good but most importantly: it's one of the best looking armor sets in the game.

GFWL rears its ugly head A LITTLE TOO SOON.

aRoQb.png

I don't want to waste time installing THROUGH Steam, but I need to do that just to get my time tracked and to even play?

edit: Fixed by setting the system date to YESTERDAY, if that makes any sense.

dwix

Well, these armors aren't going to buy themself :<

I wouldn't get too reliant on using souls to buy armor. Usually you can find entire armor sets out in the world by simply exploring, allowing you to save your souls for increasing your stats, upgrading weapons, arrows, etc.

Nabs

GFWL rears its ugly head A LITTLE TOO SOON.

http://i.imgur.com/aRoQb.png

I don't want to waste time installing THROUGH Steam, but I need to do that just to get my time tracked and to even play?[/QUOTE]

It isn't on Steam unless you pick it up at GMG or Steam.

Sarcasm

Where are people exactly downloading the res patch? I googled all I get is news lol.

**Nvm found it and didn't realize was a gaffer

Forkball

I rung the first bell. Man, looking back it was quite the trek to get there. The boss was really tough. I eventually had to go human and summoned someone to help me. It was pretty incredible to see the phantom of another player helping me out. He kept the boss distracted while I just hurled fireballs. And when it was all done, he vanished. It was epic to say the least. I'm not sure where to go now. I'm actually quite surprised I managed to get all the way to a bell by accident to be honest.

The sign feature is pretty great. It has helped me prepare for dangerous areas, although some people of course like to abuse it (I'm a bit tired of "praise the sun" jokes). How do you put one down yourself? Also, are the ghosts that you see every now and then live players or are they just replays?

Also, are the ghosts that you see every now and then live players or are they just replays?

They're other players. The bloodstains are the "replays".

Best part about what you just did is
hearing other players ringing the bell while you're in the vicinity, really cool touch. Whenever I heard it I was all FUCK YEAH!

Defuser

So I decided to double dip for the first time and bought it on steam but it doesn't allow me to download and it says not yet available. WTF?

I rung the first bell. Man, looking back it was quite the trek to get there. The boss was really tough. I eventually had to go human and summoned someone to help me. It was pretty incredible to see the phantom of another player helping me out. He kept the boss distracted while I just hurled fireballs. And when it was all done, he vanished. It was epic to say the least. I'm not sure where to go now. I'm actually quite surprised I managed to get all the way to a bell by accident to be honest.

The sign feature is pretty great. It has helped me prepare for dangerous areas, although some people of course like to abuse it (I'm a bit tired of "praise the sun" jokes). How do you put one down yourself? Also, are the ghosts that you see every now and then live players or are they just replays?
During your exploration of the Undead Parish, you should have found a key. That opens the area you should go to next (a locked door you have passed before).

Lombax

Banned
Quick question. I noticed in my steam lib that there is a cloud save symbol next to the game did they actually implement could saves in the game?

NBtoaster

The sign feature is pretty great. It has helped me prepare for dangerous areas, although some people of course like to abuse it (I'm a bit tired of "praise the sun" jokes). How do you put one down yourself?

There is a kind of hidden merchant between firelink and where the taurus demon was that sells the item you need to write/read/rate messages.

Also to everyone ringing the first bell, some advice:
On your way down from the tower you meet an NPC. He sells a "purging stone" for 3000 souls. Buy one now to save yourself a ton of trouble later.

Silex

Dark Souls Facebook said:
A quick note fro Steam users playing on Dark Souls PC with retail version: we just enabled retail version of the game for authentication in Steam so you can have it now added to your game library.

I'll definitely buy the retail version soon enough...

Rumble19

So is there matchmaking or something like it in this game? I remember that being a bullet point on this new version when it was announced.

kodt

Banned
So I just arrived at the firelight place, right after the tutorial, how can I play Co op with my brother?

You can't really pick who you summon. You just put down a summon sign and anyone who sees it can come in.

The best way is to put it in an obscure location that only your brother knows. Then have him look there and if he sees it, then you can coop. On PS3 I had some issues where my sign would not always show up for my friend, it did work most of the time though.

Top Bottom