• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

2AdEPT

i never liked the default armor. i didnt like the default knight in demon's souls either.

the helmet is what kills it for me. look like medieval baseball players.

Hahhhahaa! THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^

Thought i was the only one who DETESTS the normal and elite sets....if I were going knight, which is rare, it would be
eastern (shivas right?) black, silver, black iron, orns, even Solaire
......but why even try anything else besides
Kirk?
by far the best looking /functional armour (with the enemy stun on roll).....they made it hard to get for a reason. Only problem is I like women and it doesn't look as great with a "very thin" build that I usually get for women.

Will upload a screen shot when/if I finally get it...although for this new content run I thought I would do a Skywalker dex/faith build instead:

thief hood (the brown one)
Logans set
uchigantana/washing pole/bss +15
darkmoon blade
emit force
lightning spears

its taking me a long time to get whre I want to be to get the new content rolling!!!!!! won't go higher than level 30 to start. but obviously it will be hard to keep stats low if I want to use all the miracles...and they will be bare bones intensity at that....but I want lots of equipment in case its just the right piece for a certain enemy! I want to come decked out, not run back out with my tail between my legs searching for stuff.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
I so suspect you're too low of a soul level, either my skills atrophied (or I actually suck a lot more than I thought) or even 60-80 is still going to be a pain. Though I did waste a few levels on Int/Faith points only to discover I'd need about 10 more to wield the normal Greatsword of Artorias properly, but that would've been higher than your's. For now I'd just tackle something else.

Speaking of which, I'm having trouble fighting the dragon in the new content! Trying to cut off his tail, but it's a pain to get it low enough. Maybe I'll just wait for videos to pop up, or straight up kill it. Whichever.

how did you get him to land?

Eusis

how did you get him to land?
It's a bit roundabout:
You need to get the key to his chamber (if you headed opposite from the MP arena area and at the end of the path saw the locked door, that'd be it), which is in the larger, multi-level building just before you headed down to the Abyss. Gotta roll/jump to a platform as I recall, maybe someone will make a video of it if they haven't already, but basically just poke around in there at any place you reasonably may not have explored. Be careful though, the chest with the key is a mimic. Anyways, you go back and talk to the guy in the chamber twice, and you'll be able to take the dragon on afterwards.

This is operating under the assumption you have beaten
Artorias (do I need to spoil this?
yet. If you haven't, well, you gotta do that first just to access the area you need.

2AdEPT

They're already off :(

also reminder to make sure to get rid of afterburner fraps etc.

Summoning/invading fail is just server issues or is there more behind it?

its poor for sure...but it works....I have got the odd PVP and I'm sticking at level 17 for now...including
capra, depths, queelag and sens
(where I got backstabbed by invader while I was waiting for the ball to roll by! Derp.) So many fails....I wonder if its just that there are so many more helpers than helped, or vice versa?!?!? For sure in hot spot areas there were lots of summon signs ...but they rarely lasted more than a couple seconds....thinking there are lots of noobs out there...more than us hardcores realize! For whatever reason the GFWL has not killed me or my saves yet and I actually prefer the message system to that of PS3.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
It's a bit roundabout:
You need to get the key to his chamber (if you headed opposite from the MP arena area and at the end of the path saw the locked door, that'd be it), which is in the larger, multi-level building just before you headed down to the Abyss. Gotta roll/jump to a platform as I recall, maybe someone will make a video of it if they haven't already, but basically just poke around in there at any place you reasonably may not have explored. Be careful though, the chest with the key is a mimic.

yeah got the crest key thanks helped a ton going to the door now :D dragons going down

To those of you who are further along, are you having trouble finding people to summon or be summoned by? I'm at O&S hoping to do a few boss runs for souls and humanity but it's taking forever to get summoned. The one time I did, I did something dumb and got myself killed before the boss room. I guess it's a good thing that I have a tablet on hand...

Grief.exe

No one has been summoning. I'm right at the bonfire before the Sen's Fortress boss.

EDIT: Now right outside the boss if anyone is interested.

I just lost my first batch of souls and humanity. 85,000 souls and 10 humanity because I rolled off the wooden lift in Blighttown wrong and fell to my death. I know in the scheme of things, it's not too big of a deal but I had plans for those souls. :(

What plans?

I just lost my first batch of souls and humanity. 85,000 souls and 10 humanity because I rolled off the wooden lift in Blighttown wrong and fell to my death. I know in the scheme of things, it's not too big of a deal but I had plans for those souls. :(

No one has been summoning. I'm right at the bonfire before the Sen's Fortress boss.
I found it a little slow there late last night but not too bad. All of the summoning in Sens happens in front of the boss door rather than the bonfire btw.

Edit: ^ the lift strikes again! I lost like 40k to it yesterday.

FtHTiny

also reminder to make sure to get rid of afterburner fraps etc.

its poor for sure...but it works....I have got the odd PVP and I'm sticking at level 17 for now...including
capra, depths, queelag and sens
(where I got backstabbed by invader while I was waiting for the ball to roll by! Derp.) So many fails....I wonder if its just that there are so many more helpers than helped, or vice versa?!?!? For sure in hot spot areas there were lots of summon signs ...but they rarely lasted more than a couple seconds....thinking there are lots of noobs out there...more than us hardcores realize! For whatever reason the GFWL has not killed me or my saves yet and I actually prefer the message system to that of PS3.

Does it search on after failing or do i have to start the search again after a fail message?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Why do you have to be a computer fucking genius to get DS3 to work on Windows 7?

I'm following some shitty guide. And it recognizes every button-press when I go to the calibrate-screen, but as soon as I start a game up, it can't recognize shit.

Wtf am I doing wrong?

krishian

Why do you have to be a computer fucking genius to get DS3 to work on Windows 7?

I'm following some shitty guide. And it recognizes every button-press when I go to the calibrate-screen, but as soon as I start a game up, it can't recognize shit.

Wtf am I doing wrong?
Are you using motionjoy?

Holy shit. Blight Town is actually fun now. I couldn't ever see what the fuck was going on before and it was a miserable choppy dark mess before. Now it's totally clear and I made it to the bondfire on my first try. Hell, I didn't even know there WAS a bondfire in the middle before as it was too dark and choppy and blurry to see anything before.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Wtf am I doing wrong?

DS3? As in a Dualshock 3? You're using MotionInJoy right?

I start up the application with the DS3 connected via USB, have it set on "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator", I press "Enable" once and check if it's actually registering as a 360 controller by clicking Game Controller Panel.

When it does, it should say "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" and not "Motioninjoy Virtual Controller" and from there it just plays everything.

Shinjica

You can summon Sif for easy mode, though I don't know how that works if you've killed him already (if you haven't, there's a cool new scene before his fight ;_;).

wow, i didnt know you can summon sif, this is another little gem in this game

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
DS3? As in a Dualshock 3? You're using MotionInJoy right?

I start up the application with the DS3 connected via USB, have it set on "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator", I press "Enable" once and check if it's actually registering as a 360 controller by clicking Game Controller Panel.

When it does, it should say "Controller (Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows)" and not "Motioninjoy Virtual Controller" and from there it just plays everything.
Woooooooow, and I spent at least two hours downloading/researching/unplugging tons of drivers and other shit to get it to work... turns out, all I needed to do was set it on Xbox 360 controller emulator ._. Thanks a lot man. Works flawlessly...

One last question:
Now, how do I play with the resolution mod AND turn on fullscreen? Anyone know?

mattbison

Banned
Ive been trying to purchase this off GMG for 2 days!!!! I click checkout, and nothing happens.

I've tried chrome and IE, and my phone.

Sullichin

Woooooooow, and I spent at least two hours downloading/researching/unplugging tons of drivers and other shit to get it to work... turns out, all I needed to do was set it on Xbox 360 controller emulator ._. Thanks a lot man. Works flawlessly...

One last question:
Now, how do I play with the resolution mod AND turn on fullscreen? Anyone know?

In the game, select your monitor's native resolution and turn on fullscreen

Razek

Banned
My heart is pounding. Just had an epic 15 minute battle with Gaping and somehow survived with a twink of health and zero flasks. I thought I was going to lose for sure after he decided to be crazy and ignore a few my rolls. Phew, that was nuts.

Now I don't know what I want to do. Go use this key I used... or go back and try to fight the troublesome twins.

Shinjica

Can anyone please tell me how the hell to beat
the skeletons after the big pool. I block with a shield and sword and they still gather round and gang rape me. I beat the boss by throwing fire balls at it but that doesn't work against these fucks. Died 10 times. Go ahead, laugh at me. I have no idea what I am doing.

that place is for later in the game, you have to go upstairs on the left side on the rock structure

Revoh

Finally made it sloooowly (several hours) to the boss in the catacombs.
Oh yea, he one shotted me. Will take a break and read GAF while I think how to beat him.
I love how unforgiving this game is

krishian

Someone know where to get the
Silver Pendant
? I see a video with this item but i dont know where to find it
There's a message in Oolacile township that says something like "Let there be light", just use a skull lantern or the light spell in that spot and a hidden room witha chest inside appears.

Someone know where to get the
Silver Pendant
? I see a video with this item but i dont know where to find it

After the first
female magician
in the town, there is a tower you can walk around, instead of heading down the regular path. That takes you to some ledges along the towers, and eventually you can roll down to a lower level. Then use some form of light (Sunlight Maggot, etc) to open the wall to the room containing that item.

Razek

Banned
Question: Does armor require any stat prerequisites to equip?

Edit: Also, can I use the fire-keepers soul without repercussions?

King Boo

lol i'm so mad now. i finally killed the big tall knight inside the church and got something called a firesoul. it says it will increase the amount of flasks i have, so i tried using it, and instead i just got more humanity.

then i go all the way up the church and
boss battle. there's 3 bell guardians, but i only manage to awaken two of them. i always get killed when the second one awakens. i've been upgrading my wanderer armor set just for the fire resistance but it's not helping.
i don't know what to do.

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Goddammit! The Crystal Cave is the worst thing I've seen so far
Invisible Paths, really? Please tell me there is some kind of ring to make them visible

Grief.exe

lol i'm so mad now. i finally killed the big tall knight inside the church and got something called a firesoul. it says it will increase the amount of flasks i have, so i tried using it, and instead i just got more humanity.

then i go all the way up the church and
boss battle. there's 3 bell guardians, but i only manage to awaken two of them. i always get killed when the second one awakens. i've been upgrading my wanderer armor set just for the fire resistance but it's not helping.
i don't know what to do.

Oh wow you made a huge mistake, can't get better flasks now. Only use those at the firekeepers, there is one at Firelink shrine under the bonfire.

As for your boss battle

My strategy was to hold up you shield and work the tail until you lop it off. Time it up right so he is above 50% health, before the second one comes out.

Once the tail is off, apply pine resin since he is weak to lightning, finish off the first one.

The second one will launch fire at you, but its really easy to see when he does this, he just rears up his head and breaths in some fire, then shoots it at you in a straight line.
Dodge to the side, get behind him, and repeat.

This is my first time in the game too, having a ton of fun, but there is a lot to learn. The combat really started clicking for me after the gargoyle fight and thats when I started to really have fun by the way.

Goddammit! The Crystal Cave is the worst thing I've seen so far
Invisible Paths, really? Please tell me there is some kind of ring to make them visible

If you look closely, you'll see snowflakes falling onto the paths. Besides, there are only two you need to follow and they go straight across the gaps to the other side.

There is another path that is quite crazy, but you don't need to go there unless you're making a magic weapon.

FtHTiny

Great idea, now I need to figure out where to buy them.

there is a chest under the stairs you lowered to get to the little garden before the crystal caves with some in it

Also the vendor in the little sewer part above of firelink shrine sell em.

DrBo42

My FPS is complete shit when attempting to run this. Ideas? Running an i7 2.3 and a GT 650 (laptop card). I have in-game and the mod's res set to 720p.

Razek

Banned
My FPS is complete shit when attempting to run this. Ideas? Running an i7 2.3 and a GT 650 (laptop card). I have in-game and the mod's res set to 720p.

Apparently the mod might be using your onboard video. Check to see your video card activity during gameplay. If it's <5%, you might have to disable your onboard video in your bios.

Top Bottom