• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition |OT| Durante Does In 23 Minutes What From Can't

Grief.exe

My FPS is complete shit when attempting to run this. Ideas? Running an i7 2.3 and a GT 650 (laptop card). I have in-game and the mod's res set to 720p.

Do you have DOF overide and Texture Filtering set to 0?

What drivers are you running?

Apparently the mod might be using your onboard video. Check to see your video card activity during gameplay. If it's <5%, you might have to disable your onboard video in your bios.

I remember hearing this as well, it defaults to Intel Video integrated instead of the dedicated card. Probably what is causing you issues.

I have a 650m in my laptop and it should beast this game, but I personally haven't played it on my laptop. Just on my gaming rig (OC'd 2500k, OC'd 560 ti SLI).

Question: Does armor require any stat prerequisites to equip?

Edit: Also, can I use the fire-keepers soul without repercussions?

armor
no reqs aside from your own stats making sure you have enough endurance to not hit the equip weight limit for rolling fast and such.

for the fire keeper souls
there is one you definetally have to keep (the firekeeper's soul you get from killing Lautrec, which beliongs to the firekeep in the firelink shrine) otherwise you will permanently have that fire lit out for the rest of the game. you return it to her corpse and she revives

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
there is a chest under the stairs you lowered to get to the little garden before the crystal caves with some in it

Also the vendor in the little sewer part above of firelink shrine sell em.

Ah, thanks

I've already tossed the ones from the chest on this horrible path leading to the corpse, unfortunately those weren't enough.

Zzoram

Question: Does armor require any stat prerequisites to equip?

Edit: Also, can I use the fire-keepers soul without repercussions?

Armor only weighs you down. More endurance lets you wear more weight. If you exceed 25% weight you roll slower.

Fire keeper souls are given to the blind girl in a cage at Firelink to upgrade your Estus.

DrBo42

Apparently the mod might be using your onboard video. Check to see your video card activity during gameplay. If it's <5%, you might have to disable your onboard video in your bios.

Nailed it. Looked at my on-keyboard LEDs and the integrated card is being used. Fuuuuuuu. No idea how to disable that in my bios.

Vaporak

So I've been keeping my eye out for the DLC content but I've just beaten Anor Londo and haven't found a thing. Is the DLC stuff going to just come up naturally or do I have to really go looking for it?

Taruranto

Is there something in Blightown that doesn't poison you? Holy balls.

I managed to reach the bottom, but i ran out of spell and died... hopefully there is a second bonfire near.

How the fockity fock do you defeat
Havel the Rock?
I'm a heavy armor character with
Elite Knight set, Fang Boar Helm, and a +5 Balder Side Sword

Razek

Banned
Nailed it. Looked at my on-keyboard LEDs and the integrated card is being used. Fuuuuuuu. No idea how to disable that in my bios.

Just going to have to go through all the menus and look for an 'onboard video' selection. Otherwise google your laptop with the same question. If it doesn't have a selection, you might be able to disable it from the windows 'device manager' under display adapters.

Also, thanks everyone for answering my questions. Really appreciate it!

Grief.exe

Is there something in Blightown that doesn't poison you? Holy balls.

I managed to reach the bottom, but i ran out of spell and died... hopefully there is a second bonfire near.

Keep following the wall on the right side when you reach the bottom, there is a bonfire down there.

Going back and getting the spider shield in the depths really helps here too.

How the fockity fock do you defeat
Havel the Rock?
I'm a heavy armor character with
Elite Knight set, Fang Boar Helm, and a +5 Balder Side Sword

Take off your clothes and strafe around him

Taruranto

Keep following the wall on the right side when you reach the bottom, there is a bonfire down there.

Going back and getting the spider shield in the depths really helps here too.

Take off your clothes and strafe around him

I have the shield, but unfortunately i don't have enough strength to use it.

Well, i made at the bottom again with a lot of magics this time, now i only have to find the bonfire.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
So I've been keeping my eye out for the DLC content but I've just beaten Anor Londo and haven't found a thing. Is the DLC stuff going to just come up naturally or do I have to really go looking for it?

defeat the hydra then kill the gold golem after that head to dukes archive and kill the golem in there for a broken pendant then take that broken pendant back to where the gold golem was and bam you can do the dlc content now its one big massive area

Capell

Unconfirmed Member
Crystal Caves:
Finally made it through. Luckily, I was able to defeat Seath on my first try. Even managed to cut his tail off by accident. But that was one hell of a fight, had to use all flasks and 3 humanity to heal myself. My whole body is shaking, such an intense game :D

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Crystal Caves:
Finally made it through. Luckily, I was able to defeat Seath on my first try. Even managed to cut his tail off by accident. But that was one hell of a fight, had to use all flasks and 3 humanity to heal myself. My whole body is shaking, such an intense game :D

if you are a caster that is the best sword you can get :D

Anor Londo Archers -> fuck this game -> rage quit

I never had a problem with the archers. i just rush through em. the problem becomes when you up to the archer and he busts out the sword. now THAT mofo sent me on a one way trip to the chasm more than i'd like to admit.

DrBo42

Just going to have to go through all the menus and look for an 'onboard video' selection. Otherwise google your laptop with the same question. If it doesn't have a selection, you might be able to disable it from the windows 'device manager' under display adapters.

Also, thanks everyone for answering my questions. Really appreciate it!

Disabling the integrated seems to be causing some issues. It's not picking up the dedicated card as what's driving the display. It's detecting that it's there, but it's not assigning the device to it if that makes sense. The adapter section for my display settings is blank.

Anteater

I never had a problem with the archers. i just rush through em. the problem becomes when you up to the archer and he busts out the sword. now THAT mofo sent me on a one way trip to the chasm more than i'd like to admit.

The problem is exactly that, if you don't rush them it's harder because if you block it has a chance of knocking you down, dashing/rolling avoids all of the arrows (or spears) and it's just the matter of killing the dude on the right and moving on.

derwalde

okay here is my story.

first try: summoned a guy. we did it on the first try. shortly before the bonfire we are getting invaded. he fucking stunlocks us both with some sick spellcast. i die next to the bonfire.

i thought, okay, do this shit alone. 10+ tries later i got lucky and did it. i run to the bonfire, BUT I FUCKING DIDNT KINDLE IT. 10mins later i die. as soon as i see my char standing at the first anor londo bonfire i scream and shout und go nuts.

10+ tries later: im getting more and more angry, i die on the way to the archers, die here, die there -> rage quit.

before this point i died exactly 6 times....i call it a day.

TheExodu5

Banned

I think it really depends on your playstyle. I use my shield a lot, so when you walk up to the one on the right with your shield, you need to realize that when his arrow hits you, it'll hit you back depending on where you're facing. If you're facing the wall at all, his arrow will knock you right off the ledge. Best thing to do is to dodge roll through them, really.

Razek

Banned
Hello, me again!
Question: Before I waste a humanity trying, do I need to be human to talk to the maiden at firelink?

Disabling the integrated seems to be causing some issues. It's not picking up the dedicated card as what's driving the display. It's detecting that it's there, but it's not assigning the device to it if that makes sense. The adapter section for my display settings is blank.

Have you tried asking here yet?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=488240

I bailed on the that thread when spoiler pictures started appearing but that's where I heard about your particular issue. Maybe they found a solution by now.

King Boo

Oh wow you made a huge mistake, can't get better flasks now. Only use those at the firekeepers, there is one at Firelink shrine under the bonfire.

As for your boss battle

My strategy was to hold up you shield and work the tail until you lop it off. Time it up right so he is above 50% health, before the second one comes out.

Once the tail is off, apply pine resin since he is weak to lightning, finish off the first one.

The second one will launch fire at you, but its really easy to see when he does this, he just rears up his head and breaths in some fire, then shoots it at you in a straight line.
Dodge to the side, get behind him, and repeat.

This is my first time in the game too, having a ton of fun, but there is a lot to learn. The combat really started clicking for me after the gargoyle fight and thats when I started to really have fun by the way.

alright i'll try this out. but it will have to be without the lightning power up.

Ridley327

alright i'll try this out. but it will have to be without the lightning power up.

If you haven't had the chance yet, talk to Solaire (he's by the entrance to the bridge that's guarded by the dragon) and he'll become instant BFFs with you, allowing you to be able to summon him for that fight. He definitely comes in handy if you don't have that particular item.

Revoh

6319048558_2e3cffd3fa.jpg

Fuck these guys

I don't know if I fucked up entering the catacombs at SL 25, I'm at the boss now but goddamn this level was a total nightmare, took me about 6 hours

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Oh my. It seems they actually did fix the Chaos Pyromancy glitch, albeit indirectly.

They still don't scale with Humanity, but they removed the text from the descriptions saying that they did. Crafty.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Does anyone know where to get the pyromancy
black flame
specifically?

Ah criminy. I've gotten all the new spells, but I've forgotten which one was where exactly. I think it's in
Oolacile Township, across a gap you need to jump across in the building near the elevator to the Chasm of the Abyss.

But that might actually be one of the new Sorceries I'm remembering. If it is, I apologize in advance.

jimi_dini

Not sure if this has been posted already, but my physical copy arrived today.

Comes with an artbook, making of DVD, 23 track Soundtrack, some postcards and a poster of the front cover.

Does this artbook really contain 150 pages? PS3/360 releases are supposed to contain an artbook with that many pages. Could you please tell me? Looking forward to buy this sucker again :D

Dizzy-4U

I think I screw it up.

NPC:

Someone killed the dude that reinforce the flasks and the firekeeper is missing. I saved this dude with gold armor before and now he's nowhere to be seen. Crap...

Top Bottom