• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darko Milicic Appreciation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMczaf

Darko Milicic may be the greatest player to have ever played in the NBA at the age of 19 years old.

How many rings did Kobe have at 19? 0.

How many rings did Lebron have at 19? 0.

How many rings did Melo have at 19? 0.

Yes my fellow Darko fans, Darko is the youngest player to have ever played in the NBA Finals AND win a championship!

Now comes the contracts and media!

darko.jpg

Strike a pose!

darko_71417.jpg

Those dark, Serbian looks! Sexy!

milicic.jpg

Champion til the end.

sports03.jpg

The Man. The Myth. The Highlights.

Respect him for he is Darko. Master of the Universe.

At this rate, using my KobeFan® Logic...Darko is on his way to 14 rings DESTROYING Bill Russell's record.

Matlock

Banned
How many shots did Darko miss in the finals? At least one.
Lebron? Zero.

Advantage: Lebron.

How many turnovers did Darko give up in the finals? At least one.
Lebron? Zero.

How many points did Darko score in the finals? Zero.
Lebron? Zero.

Advantage: Tie.

LEBRON > DARKO

Cubsfan23

Banned
Matlock said:
Lebron? Zero.

Lebron? Zero.

Lebron? Zero.

LEBRON > DARKO

Darko did score

evil ways

His role on the team was pretty obvious, to look hot, and to be brought out near the end of the games to remind the Lakers that they're getting their asses whipped.

Fifty

Matlock said:
Lebron? Zero.

Lebron? Zero.

Lebron? Zero.

LEBRON > DARKO

I know your standards are low because you live in Ohio, but nothing is more important than a championship ring, and Darko has one.

I like the story that came out right after the draft about Darko's draft day plan. He said he was going to wear a tearaway suit, and as he came up on the stage, he was going to tear it off and display a Pistons uniform underneath.

I guess he ran this by Dumars before the draft, and Dumars shut it down.

Matlock

Banned
Fifty said:
I know your standards are low because you live in Ohio, but nothing is more important than a championship ring, and Darko has one.

Lebron has touched all six of Jordan's!

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
It's mind boggling that a team that probably made the biggest draft blunder since Bowie over MJ won the title the year after. That'll never happen again.

Seth C

Guileless said:
It's mind boggling that a team that probably made the biggest draft blunder since Bowie over MJ won the title the year after. That'll never happen again.

Two points.

One, Bowie was a fantastic college player and made an immediate impact in the NBA as a big man. If it weren't for injuries he would have had a very successful career. You can't blame a team for drafting him. They had no way to know he would spend his career injured.

Two, Mello is no Jordan. Never will be. Not even close. :)

KingGondo

Banned
Most analysts predict that he'll be a solid contributor soon, and Doc Rivers said he believes Darko will be a "special player," whatever that means. I mean, come on! He's not even 20!

crumbs

Carmelo reminds me more of Glenn Robinson everytime he opens his mouth. He's even taken to refering to himself in the third person.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Guileless said:

Darko didn't play because Larry Brown doesn't play rookies.

Carmello wouldn't have played any more than Darko did under Brown.

sports03.jpg

Darko is not amused with your insubordination.

pilonv1

All these haterz talking shit about Darko are going to look pretty stupid in a few seasons when he starts playing.

How often do you get a chance to win an NBA title and still draft a project with the #2 pick, skipping a rebuilding proccess. The experience he has gained from this season is immeasurable. It's better than throwing him off at the deep and and hoping for the best. And he has one more ring than any other rookie.

Darko's minutes in the end of game 5 were pretty awful, but by then it wasn't even a basketball game any more. The Lakers were running random double and triple coverage, swiping for the ball without rhyme or reason...I mean, if they were the '94-'95 Pacers, they could have had Reggie to pull them into that mode where they still had a chance by making 5+ consecutive threes or whatever, but this Lakers team just gave up.

It might have made more sense to just shoot half court shots.

Guzim

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. (AP) -- Darko Milicic broke his hand in a token appearance in the Detroit Pistons' NBA title clincher, an injury that could jeopardize his chances of playing for Serbia in the Olympics.

The second overall pick in the NBA draft was hurt at the end of the fifth and final game of the NBA Finals. He missed Thursday's parade celebrating the team's victory.

The 7-footer, who will turn 19 on Sunday, had surgery on the hand Wednesday, said Detroit president of basketball operations Joe Dumars.

The team said he is expected to miss eight weeks.

Milicic barely played as a rookie. He had told the Pistons he wouldn't play for their summer-league team because he wanted to focus on his hopes of playing in Athens.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom