• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elden Ring: Shadow of the Erdtree | Review Thread

What Scores do you think Shadow of the Erdtree will get?

• 0-65%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 66-69%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 70-74%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 75-79%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 80-84%

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • 85-89%

Votes: 25 15.2%
  • 90-94%

Votes: 94 57.0%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 39 23.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lokaum D+

I wonder if I'm overpowered for the SOTE or not....

eewuJgh.jpeg

That's NG, I haven't even started NG+.
Op at lvl 183 ?

C'mon boy, time to pump some runes on this weakling char of yours otherwise...

american gladiators pain GIF

Last edited:

SSfox

So PS guys are you playing PS5 or PS4 version? I think I'll play PS4 version for better frame rate.

If its the same as the base game its overhyped to the point of parody and will just be another souls like but this time in OPEN WORLD WOOOAAAW.

I will wait until you nerds find all the secrets and make an in depth guide that I can follow step by step without having to worry about missing the arbitury shite that youll die doing anyway.

May hack it for easy mode too, get to experience the lore and make the combat one or two tries.

I heard one reviewer say they did 42 attempts at one of the bosses. After 10 I move on to another game. Only children have time to play that kind of game.

michael GIF

ebevan91

now to decide if i have it in me to play more elden ring

Once I finish SotE I think I'm done with Elden Ring for a while. I've done 2 playthroughs this year, technically only one "full" playthrough, and one NG+ playthrough that took me like, 5 hours. I MAY play the DLC again with my other character in a couple months but that'll be it for a while.

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
After playing Wo Long, Sekiro, and Lies of P, I've gotten so used to last-second parries that I didn't enjoy Elden Ring as much when I played it again today. I guess I'll need a short adjustment period to get used to it again. I hope that last-second parries become a core mechanic in future Souls games.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
After playing Wo Long, Sekiro, and Lies of P, I've gotten so used to last-second parries that I didn't enjoy Elden Ring as much when I played it again today. I guess I'll need a short adjustment period to get used to it again. I hope that last-second parries become a core mechanic in future Souls games.
I actually enjoy the parries in Elden Ring, you are not blocking, you are interrupting enemy’s swing.

So I pressed onward past Mohg and went to the Subterranean Shunning Grounds, which I skipped on my first playthrough. That place is a fucking joke. Super tough enemies and almost a labyrinth in places. It's awesome though, reminds me of the areas in Dark Souls a bit.

Freeman76

The only thing that annoys me with From games is the way DLC works. I have 600 hours on my only character, level 230 at the end of NG+. I now have to either get savaged playing the DLC in NG+ mode, or start again. Unless you can make a character solely for this expansion which I highly doubt

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
The only thing that annoys me with From games is the way DLC works. I have 600 hours on my only character, level 230 at the end of NG+. I now have to either get savaged playing the DLC in NG+ mode, or start again. Unless you can make a character solely for this expansion which I highly doubt
To be perfectly fair, you had time....when they first announced the DLC with teaser art work, you could have made multiple character for the DLC.

Orbital2060

Same here, although at lvl 230/ 340 hours with my character in a cleared ng2+. Ready to go to the new area. Im not making a new character, and start collecting weapons and spells all over again.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Reinstalled the game, modified it for ultrawide then loaded my save to mess around before DLC...

I'm so dead

I didn't touch the game since finishing it near launch. I was wiped by the enemies near Mohg as a test. It'll be tough to enter the DLC and die 100 times.

Is this for everyone?? What happened to the 21st??

PC :
bXx6Tah.jpeg

Now it seems to be launching at noon rather than 6pm

Last edited:
Reinstalled the game, modified it for ultrawide then loaded my save to mess around before DLC...

I'm so dead

I didn't touch the game since finishing it near launch. I was wiped by the enemies near Mohg as a test. It'll be tough to enter the DLC and die 100 times.

PC :
bXx6Tah.jpeg

Now it seems to be launching at noon rather than 6pm
Oh heeeellllll yes

Tomeru

I bought this for pc... I fucking hate the thought of going through the base game AGAIN (why no cross progression from???)
:messenger_weary:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I haven't played this game since it came out and got the platinum trophy. Logged in now and was pleasantly surprised to see a lvl 251 account. Jesus I forgot everything lmao.

Mephisto40

So PS guys are you playing PS5 or PS4 version? I think I'll play PS4 version for better frame rate.
The PS5 version has been updated to have a 60fps performance mode, you are literally just gimping your graphical experience playing the PS4 version on PS5 now

Maddoxswe

Before the patch, I had some stuttering issues. But just played for 1 hour and didn't get it even once. It must be fixed. I also had problems with HDR being broken sometimes and the only thing that helped was restarting the computer. That too seems to be fixed.

Last edited:

Luipadre

Any chance for a better ps5 performance? Not really expecting anything after 2 years tho

Last edited:

tommib

So I pressed onward past Mohg and went to the Subterranean Shunning Grounds, which I skipped on my first playthrough. That place is a fucking joke. Super tough enemies and almost a labyrinth in places. It's awesome though, reminds me of the areas in Dark Souls a bit.
That area game me a little of the magic of 5-2 in Demon’s Souls. Still not nightmarish enough.

T-0800

The PS5 version has been updated to have a 60fps performance mode, you are literally just gimping your graphical experience playing the PS4 version on PS5 now
Last time I tried the PS5 version it still had frame drops. It's why I play the PS4 version on PS5.

Last edited:

manlisten

I’ve got a 6GB download going on Steam now. Might just be the day-1 patch.

Edit: it was the day-1 patch

Last edited:

Mephisto40

When did this happen?
They fixed most of the framerate issues when the ray tracing update released on ps5

The problem that the people who played the game on PS4 on PS5 people have got now, is that the saves don't transfer cross gen, so you've kind of fucked yourself if you were part of the PS4 version on PS5 crew when the game released

SSfox

Do you have a VRR tv? Performance mode works kind of flawless on my set up and the LOD is night and day compared to PS4.
I'm not sure if my tv has vrr, I'll take a look?

Oh really? Didn't heard about the patch, I found the game look pretty good but loading sent me back in the old pre SSD days lol

Top Bottom