• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Fletcher

For dudes who went through GMG. Did you get a second e-mail containing a key after the one that announced we could, but didn't contain a key? Or are you just finding it on their site under 'my games'?

Naito

Gunsmithx

I'm on the list of those still waiting for gmg to get their keys but I'm not gonna worry about it yet, now if I don't have it come tomorrow.....

Carm

So, unless there is a miracle, I probably won't be playing this at midnight on release day. Posted earlier about it, ordered PC CE from THQ store. Got a shipping notice/tracking number on August 3rd, USPS. On the seventh, it was in Fishers, Indiana, my state, two hours away from me. Then it showed up in Sparks, Nevada, and now it's in transit in Sparks, Nevada.

Now, I know the USPS kinda sucks, but it seems illogical to me, a package, 2 hours away from you, in the same state, would suddenly go all the way across country. =(

Syriel

East coast shafted again. Gonna go flip a damn table.

How do you figure that the East Coast gets "shafted" when the game unlocks at the same damn time all across the US?

You can play it the exact same moment someone on the West Coast can play it.

Misplaced anger is misplaced.

forrest

formerly nacire
How do you figure that the East Coast gets "shafted" when the game unlocks at the same damn time all across the US?

You can play it the exact same moment someone on the West Coast can play it.

Misplaced anger is misplaced.

Nah, it's just that us east coasters would like to be playing this at 12:01am our time. We don't wanna have to wait until 3:00am in order to play a game that should have technically unlocked 3 hours earlier. That's why east coaster's feel shafted.

Sober

Steam just cancelled my pre-order, yay. Now to wait for that GMG key. For those who have received them, are they being emailed to you?
People who pre-ordered it should've gotten it. Just finished preloading, woke up and had the key this morning. Apparently people who pre-ordered it just last night got it right away. Either way, they have the keys, everyone should be getting them now. Through e-mail and on your account page.

Syriel

Nah, it's just that us east coasters would like to be playing this at 12:01am our time. We don't wanna have to wait until 3:00am in order to play a game that should have technically unlocked 3 hours earlier. That's why east coaster's feel shafted.

Not sure how that would be fair.

As it is, Steam unlocks at the exact same moment for everyone. Someone on the West Coast gets to fire it up at the same time as someone on the East Coast and someone in Hawai'i.

The way you suggest means it would unlock earlier for those on the East Coast than those in other parts of the country.

If anyone should be complaining, it's the Europeans who have to wait an extra week.

Drewfonse

Darksiders II |OT| Let's talk about Steam keys!

HAHAHA.

I was thinking the same thing. It happens in virtually every game thread a few days before release, and it really takes the wind out the threads' sails, IMO.

The equivalent would be every console user posting about their email shipment notification if they buy it online. AKA: no one fucking cares. Sure cure for insomnia at least.

CAN'T FREAKING WAIT FOR THIS GAME

forrest

formerly nacire
Not sure how that would be fair.

As it is, Steam unlocks at the exact same moment for everyone. Someone on the West Coast gets to fire it up at the same time as someone on the East Coast and someone in Hawai'i.

The way you suggest means it would unlock earlier for those on the East Coast than those in other parts of the country.

If anyone should be complaining, it's the Europeans who have to wait an extra week.

A release date arrives exactly when it's supposed to.

This isn't about anyone getting it before anyone else. It's about wanting to play the game when it should be releasing. 3am is useless for some folks who could possibly enjoy a midnight release, but can't quite swing the 3am window. Sure it's fine and dandy to just wait til the next day, no love lost. However, why even get excited about a midnight release, when it actually isn't midnight when it's released.

And regarding Europe I think the game should unlock for them 12:01 am on the 14th as well. I don't care who that is before or after. If the release date says the 14th and you have midnight release access then make it so for each time zone. Logistically it's more complicated I'm sure, but worth it for customer satisfaction in my eyes.

abundant

and unless its a possessed set you will have out leveled it by the time it is avail as DLC.

As far as I know, it's not. Death Armor is only at level 10. You can probably get through the first two zones, but by then you will more than likely have to get new armor, unless you want the game to be ridiculously hard.

And even if it was, you would only be able to get it to level 15.

Tokubetsu

iqZClRF6htiyN.gif

JordanKZ

I've never seen this before...Does this mean that you can get a "reviewer" code so that you can play the game early?

Yeah, basically. At the moment if you try to launch the game you get what is essentially an authentication error, because the game is still decrypted. With an 'unlock' key, it unlocks the game early.

Megasoum

Banned
Yeah that's how the QA and the Reviewers get to test the "retail" game before it's out since you can't just send a disc like on console.

Having unreleased games in your steam list is fun lol.

Top Bottom