• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

ironcreed

Banned
I just came home, and Darksiders 2(360) was in the mail. I ordered from the THQ shop.

It's going to be a great weekend!

Note: No season pass code included with the game, just Argul's Tomb.

Mine was at my local post office this morning according to tracking, but said it had been mis-routed by the shipper and has been corrected and they are making every attempt to deliver as soon as possible. I am guessing I will get it by tomorrow then, I hope.

Why not let us install the PS3 version optionally like Capcom does with their fighting games? :(

With all the things Sony copies, I wish they'd copy the ability to install any and every game we feel like. I don't get people who whine about the games that force an install. That's a *GOOD* thing.

Hobbun

Yep, I'm probably just going to switch my pre-order to the 360 version.

Has it been determined that the 360 version doesn't have these loading issues? Besides the assumption that it has an install and the PS3 version doesn't?

And not sure why the PS3 version doesn't have an install.

Has it been determined that the 360 version doesn't have these loading issues? Besides the assumption that it has an install and the PS3 version doesn't?

And not sure why the PS3 version doesn't have an install.

It's just that from footage we've seen (mostly 360 and some PC), the 360 version doesn't seem to have that mid-game loading issue that was mentioned for PS3.

And I agree, Sony should implement an option to install games to your HDD like on 360. Makes games run much smoother.

Hobbun

It's just that from footage we've seen (mostly 360 and some PC), the 360 version doesn't seem to have that mid-game loading issue that was mentioned for PS3.

And I agree, Sony should implement an option to install games to your HDD like on 360. Makes games run much smoother.

Well, if this is the case, then it looks like I will probably being changing my preorder to 360.

Kunohara

I asked my friend about the frame rate drops and tearing for the 360 version.

He basically said that the frame rate does drop a bit sometimes, and there is some tearing, but not enough to detract from the game. He says the game is fucking awesome, and basically played it all night right after getting home from work.

So nothing to worry about, just enjoy the game when it comes out.

grendelrt

If the games are already hitting stores and the keys are ready THQ should let the street date be broken, it could help them gain sales on Sleeping Dogs :O

jfoul

Well, I finally jumped through all of the code/registration hoops. Game has a Crucible Pass that is listed on the backside of the manual (Not Season Pass). Game also comes with a thq promo code that you use at darksiders.com/tomb. Once you enter the promo code on the site, the in-game code for the tomb should be sent via email, when it's available.

When you start up the game you are prompted to register for the darksiders community. This is the same login for the thq.com site, if you already registered. After registration you are sent an email to retrieve two free pieces of equipment (Van der Schmash and Mace Maximus). The links I was sent in an email to retrieve these items are currently broken. I'm guessing this won't go live until the 14th.

I'm guessing the season pass will be emailed to me later. Hopefully some information about the season pass will come out on the 14th, for the people who pre-ordered from the THQ shop.

So Amazon has removed the option for free Release Day Shipping now. They used to be good for buying games, but lately they've proven more and more that they no longer want my money.

Feindflug

I asked my friend about the frame rate drops and tearing for the 360 version.

He basically said that the frame rate does drop a bit sometimes, and there is some tearing, but not enough to detract from the game. He says the game is fucking awesome, and basically played it all night right after getting home from work.

So nothing to worry about, just enjoy the game when it comes out.

Well that's really disappointing considering we had various confirmations from hdn that there was no tearing in the console versions...still wondering why developers don't give a shit about a steady frame-rate, hopefully it's not that bad. :(

Thanks for the impressions btw.

grendelrt

So Amazon has removed the option for free Release Day Shipping now. They used to be good for buying games, but lately they've proven more and more that they no longer want my money.

Its Friday and the game comes out Tues, they cant guarantee release date delivery now because its too late, don't see how that's their fault.

Lyonaz

Got my key from GMG just now and am preloading it on Steam.
Got an email earlier this morning too from GMG, so they are definitely sending out the codes as soon as possible.

Its Friday and the game comes out Tues, they cant guarantee release date delivery now because its too late, don't see how that's their fault.

They used to offer $1 release date shipping, which was incredible, and they no longer do so. Not only that, but they are literally removing that shipping from peoples preorders who've already had it set

grendelrt

They used to offer $1 release date shipping, which was incredible, and they no longer do so. Not only that, but they are literally removing that shipping from peoples preorders who've already had it set

I have never heard of amazon removing release date delivery, if so that is screwed up. What he was complaining about didnt seem reasonable though.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I preordered this months ago on GMG and I still don't have a key. They must be typing them in manually or something.

DieH@rd

Banned
Some incredible armor and weapons, combos look great too.

That armor Death has with a half moon or something on his back looks sick.

attachment.php

aristotle

Due to some comments here I decided to google Digital River. Holy Fuck, no one likes these guys! I'm guessing they are incredibly affordable. I'm getting this sinking feeling that I won't get my key until the middle of release day.

Has anyone ordered through THQ/Digital River before? Do you recieve an email with the key? Is it typical to get it before release to pre-download?

I've had nothing but trouble from the THQ website. I decided to keep my THQ order in and just grab the other pre-order DLCs from a 3rd party.

My order is still displayed as "Order in Process" without any updates since the 4th. I sent a ticket to the THQ website but I haven't heard back from them yet. If it wasn't for the Season Pass DLC and the fact that I've already been charged for the order immediately when I placed it, I would've jumped ship by now for a brick & mortar. I hope I get the game sometime next week, but it's hard to say right now. :(

Labadal

I believe that this means that it's fully downloaded, you just need to wait for the decryption key to be sent out on release day, which I believe is 12:00 AM August 14th, 2012 for NA.

Oh, ok. I inserted the key, left the PC for 15 minutes and that was what it said when I came back looking at the screen.

gdt

Still don't have my key from GMG. When I go to the my games page, I can click "view key" under Darksiders II, but nothing shows up when I do so. To be fair, they haven't sent me an email telling me my key is ready either.

Amazon Prime gave me the option for Free 2 Day Shipping yet still guarantee I'll receive it on release (the 14th). But I'd agree that, overall, Amazon hasn't been as great with credit and pricing as they were 2 years ago.

Considering for years they've allowed for Release Date Delivery through 5pm Eastern time on the Monday prior to the Tuesday release, it *is* their fault that the policy has changed. They changed it.

Still don't have my key from GMG. When I go to the my games page, I can click "view key" under Darksiders II, but nothing shows up when I do so. To be fair, they haven't sent me an email telling me my key is ready either.

Yeah I'm sure they have a schedule but I sent them an email anyway, no response yet.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
I'm with the guy they didn't offer release date shipping on Persona even though it was listed on the store page and started charging sales tax in Texas

fuck amazon

FrigidEh

I hope there's some really huge bosses this time and more too hopefully.
Although Straga and the Stygian were supposed to be huge, I didn't really get that feeling when fighting them plus I hope the bosses are much harder. On normal they were a joke, and with abbysal armour they were even easier.

Top Bottom