• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Gunsmithx

Still no GMG key :( Though I figure it'll be fixed today and wont' really be a big deal. Anyone remembe what time steam normally lets the game out? midnight est? or midnight pst?

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Still no GMG key :( Though I figure it'll be fixed today and wont' really be a big deal. Anyone remembe what time steam normally lets the game out? midnight est? or midnight pst?

The store page on GMG updated saying it would be released on the 14th.

Drewfonse

Wow the game is out in retail in Hong Kong already, 360 version available everywhere, but I'm picking up the PS3 version which won't be out for another 2 or 3 hours (til 8 or 9PM HK time) since my Darksiders 1 save is on my PS3. Gonna be playing this TONIGHT!!!

Yeah, you're going to have to post spoiler free impressions soon, in order to avoid getting body slammed.

Jeffzomg

Neo Member
all you guys with preloads and im still waiting to see whats up with my preorder at thqshop

I had problems with THQStore as well, I ordered it back in June and then my preorder was nowhere to be found, so I ordered again in July and then it appeared so I had 2 orders and it was a bitch to cancel the earlier one, which they said might not even cancel so I just return when I receive it. Never again will I order from there I only did it for the Collectors Edition.

But, only a few more days SO excited!

DieH@rd

Banned
Wow that seems kinda small, DS1 was 9.7GB with 3.3 of that being fmv. I know DS 2 is doing in engine cutscenes but it's still kinda odd for a sequel to be smaller than the original.

Lets wait and see final size of the game. Who knows, maybe preload is compressed.

Also, if Skyrim managed to fit in 5gigs, so can DS2.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you guys get another email saying that you got the key?

Yeah I got a mail with the key in it but you can also check your account. I know that at least one game I bought from them (can't remember which one) I never got the key email so I just picked it up in my profile page on the site.

Megasoum

Banned
Did you guys complain anywhere before you got your key? I'm a little worried I don't have mine yet.

Nah, we're still well within the "normal" timeframe to receive the key. The preload started today so they'll send the keys over a couple of hours (they must have a lot of emails to send lol). If you still haven't received it on monday then yeah I would start to worry.

I'm still waiting for my copy from Digital River to actually be shipped and you people are worried about getting keys! Hah! Still on Electronic Shipping Info Received for mine.

Megasoum

Banned
Oh wait...so you can't copy the preload files? I was hoping to preload at work and copy the files on a usb key to bring home and save on the download cap

Naito

Haven't received the key too :(
Got all giddy for the GMG mail, ended up utterly disappointed. Even angry at GMG.
grrr

What's to stop people not in the U.S. heading to its Steam store and buying the game?

Regional unlocks. Regardless of where you buy the game, its locked to your local unlock date. And the only way to buy from other regions is using a VPN, which Steam are (supposedly, according to their agreement) cracking down on and banning users for.

forrest

formerly nacire
I dont understand how the THQ website exists in its current form. Ive had nothing but consistent login issues and havent been able to find where to go to access my order info. When I click support after going to My THQ it doesnt take me to the page that it did a couple of days ago. It now takes me to their support site which requires a seperate login. Its a complete clusterfuck.

I don't understand why I have to play the game a week later, especially for a game that I bought in a digital format. Fucking retailers and THQ too.

dmr87

No key from GMG, no worries yet though.

edit - Now the waiting game, thanks GMG.

25167b968ac5d94b49e602334283c0b9c18e0af6.jpg

Duffyside

Banned
Man, I hope ordering from THQ wasn't a mistake. The tracking information I was given gives me six different orders with the same tracking number. How on earth does something like that happen?

Momentary

Banned
I'm never ordering digital releases from THQshop ever again. Their confirmation e-mail is vague and doesn't tell you anything about getting a key later on.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm never ordering digital releases from THQshop ever again. Their confirmation e-mail is vague and doesn't tell you anything about getting a key later on.

I'm with you. So without clicking on the order link in your confirmation email, how does one go to the THQ site and access their order history? I was able to do it the other day, but now I'm getting no where. I go to the main site, login and click MYTHQ at the top right of the screen then I'm just lost.

*eidt* Figured it out. You absolutely have to click on shopTHQ and none of the others. After that you have to then click support. Clicking support under any of the other THQ links THQ.com myTHQ, etc. will result in you not getting to your actual account info and instead you'll be directed to general support database. It's all very confusing and misleading.

Man, I hope ordering from THQ wasn't a mistake. The tracking information I was given gives me six different orders with the same tracking number. How on earth does something like that happen?

They (whoever Digital River uses for logistics) apply a single tracking number to a batch of five, but not of five going to the same place. So you find your city, and that is yours.

jfoul

I just came home, and Darksiders 2(360) was in the mail. I ordered from the THQ shop.

It's going to be a great weekend!

Note: No season pass code included with the game, just Argul's Tomb.

Khal_B

Got my key from GMG as well. Alright, I'm out of this thread until after I beat the game! Been on a media blackout for this game so far since the reveal trailer. Can't wait!

Feindflug

I just came home, and Darksiders 2(360) was in the mail. I ordered from the THQ shop.

Some impressions on the performance of the game (frame-rate drops/tearing) will be much appreciated. :)

forrest

formerly nacire
Due to some comments here I decided to google Digital River. Holy Fuck, no one likes these guys! I'm guessing they are incredibly affordable. I'm getting this sinking feeling that I won't get my key until the middle of release day.

Has anyone ordered through THQ/Digital River before? Do you recieve an email with the key? Is it typical to get it before release to pre-download?

malfcn

Nice! I haven't even got a shipping notice yet.

Some PS3 perfomance impressions from GameFAQs users.

I did notice just a little frame dropping, and there is some loading that I think takes away from the experience. Other then that the game runs pretty smoothly. The controls are very tight and Death is very agile. Movement is very fluid among the environment.

I'm about 15 hours in and I have noticed some screen tearing. The most pronounced instance is when the main start menu comes up. Death is shown wherever your last save was (very cool - makes the title screen different every time) and as the camera swings around, you do see some minor screen tearing. I've only seen it once or twice during actual gameplay, though.

If you played the 360 version of the original, you remember the screen tearing there. It isn't nearly as bad as that one was pre-patch.

It isn't exactly what you asked, but loading is a problem. It is not uncommon to be running along (mostly in the overworld, not as much in dungeons) and have Death just freeze in place while a little loading spinner appears on the left side of the screen. It happens a LOT when going from one "area" to the next, and it never gets any less irritating.

Gbraga

"It isn't exactly what you asked, but loading is a problem. It is not uncommon to be running along (mostly in the overworld, not as much in dungeons) and have Death just freeze in place while a little loading spinner appears on the left side of the screen. It happens a LOT when going from one "area" to the next, and it never gets any less irritating."

Wow, this sucks, like really sucks.

Considering waiting until I have a good PC now

"It isn't exactly what you asked, but loading is a problem. It is not uncommon to be running along (mostly in the overworld, not as much in dungeons) and have Death just freeze in place while a little loading spinner appears on the left side of the screen. It happens a LOT when going from one "area" to the next, and it never gets any less irritating."

Wow, this sucks, like really sucks.

Considering waiting until I have a good PC now

Yep, I'm probably just going to switch my pre-order to the 360 version.

Top Bottom