• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Ammish

Banned
I think I might wait on a couple of days until the Americans get their copy of DSII, but I'm torn. I completed Darksiders on the 360, but the technical complaints and the fact I have a gaming machine may prompt me to get the PC version.

What's preventing me is the stuff you get from completing DSI. But then, would that outweigh the PC version? Decisions, decisions. GAF, MAKE MY DECISION PLS.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I think I might wait on a couple of days until the Americans get their copy of DSII, but I'm torn. I completed Darksiders on the 360, but the technical complaints and the fact I have a gaming machine may prompt me to get the PC version.

What's preventing me is the stuff you get from completing DSI. But then, would that outweigh the PC version? Decisions, decisions. GAF, MAKE MY DECISION PLS.

A level 1 scythe and a level 5 shoulder armor?

If you have a pc that can run it GO PC.

Those bonus items you can probably find in the game eventually anyway, just like those "pre-order exclusives" from retailers.

forrest

formerly nacire
Execution Chance + Health / Wrath on Execute = "yes pls!"

Didn't even know this was a thing. Increasing your chance at an "instakill prompt" coupled with resource generation for the kill? Any other interesting items effects that haven't really been talked about?

*I'm completely assuming that by "execute" you mean the button prompt that appears over enemies heads when they are almost dead that allows you to trigger a cool animation to finish them off. Is this correct or is "execute" a specific ability that does increased damage or something?

Just finished pre-loading my steam copy of Darksiders 2. Cannot wait to play the game.

*So what preorder bonuses do we get with the limited edition you get from GMG?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
So they are like finishers in Ng2 where you pressed Y to end the opponent when they were dismembered?

That sounds like a qte without a button prompt.

That's like saying a Fatality is a QTE. It's just a finisher. It is a move that ends the opponent for health orbs

Some GoW finishers can be QTEs, but I think Darksiders is just "press this button to win". There's not a lot of extra buttons you got to press afterwards.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some GoW finishers can be QTEs, but I think Darksiders is just "press this button to win". There's not a lot of extra buttons you got to press afterwards.
It's always one button. If you watched some of the prerelease stuff for the original Darksiders, Vigil straight up says 'we hate QTEs, so all this is is a quick, neat way to finish off a bigger opponent without getting taken out of the action or having to input a dozen commands'. para phrasing, of course.

Space Marine had the same thing outside of the 'test of strength' stuff

Dahbomb

I think we are differing on the meaning of the phrase. I guess contact sensitive finisher is more accurate. Neither mechanics I particularly care for.

What pre-order exclusives? Most of those are mission based. including the LE one.

Best Buy exclusive "Angel of Death" pack (Angel armor)

fo_darsiderpre0422.gif

tragic

Developer
In DS1, almost every enemy could be Executed at low health. Also, fodder enemies could always be Executed no matter their health.

In DS2, fodder enemies can still be Executed at any time, but normal enemies have an Execution Chance. This is because when enemies can be executed, its at a much higher health. This makes execute chance a very powerful stat.

DieH@rd

Banned
In DS1, almost every enemy could be Executed at low health. Also, fodder enemies could always be Executed no matter their health.

In DS2, fodder enemies can still be Executed at any time, but normal enemies have an Execution Chance. This is because when enemies can be executed, its at a much higher health. This makes execute chance a very powerful stat.

iDqLV5Vxw8Nxg.gif

Jesper Kyd is the best composer in the West after all.
I really cant wait to see what will Oscar Araujo make for Lords of Shadow 2. His work in LoS1 was phenomenal.

tragic

Developer
There are ways, through both complete exploration and ng+ to completely max out one skill tree. Through a normal playthrough, you'll be able to max out at least 2 abilities and get an Ultimate.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
So they are like finishers in Ng2 where you pressed Y to end the opponent when they were dismembered?

That sounds like a qte without a button prompt.

Yeah it's pretty much exactly that, since you're invincible during both.

It's not a QTE by common definition, but it breaks the action up like Bayonetta Torture Attacks and NG2 executions, so I get why you might not like the concept.

Yeah I noticed that in the original as well. I was trying to level weapons so I'd avoid executions , but I found that alot of enemies still have ALOT of hit points left even after the prompt shows up, and continue fighting after being hit while in execution state. So it made encounters alot harder.

It'll be interesting to see the impact "execution chance" has on difficulty.

DieH@rd

Banned
Are executions now random chance [we press button and hope it works], or will we get clear indication that execution is ready?

Does the amount of an enemy's remaining health effect your chances of successfully performing an execution? Or is it based purely on Death's execution chance stat?

Top Bottom