• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

Muffdraul

fantart from tumblr

tumblr_m8cguktnvu1qg8cxss9.jpg

Hire this guy for Darksiders 3!

Oh, wait...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has there been any word in regard to how substantial (or perhaps unsubstantial) the DLC will be?

forrest

formerly nacire
Has there been any word in regard to how substantial (or perhaps unsubstantial) the DLC will be?

Given the value that Vigil seems to be giving us in terms of content, I think the DLC stands to actually be worth the additional cost. Pure speculation on my part though and a dose of faith!
3AQmK.gif

Here is an article where some details of the first DLC are revealed and it sounds pretty cool. *edit* Hell I'll just quote the article as it's small enough.

Darksiders 2 is coming out this August, but that isn't going to stop us from getting the inside-story on the DLC that's planned for the game. At a recent press event, we hooked up with Jay Fitzloff, Producer at Vigil, to get the inside story on the DLC for Darksiders 2.

"Our angle with DLC is not to just to be something simple, like a quick side quest... It's full content," Fitzloff said. "Our first one is called Arghul's Tomb, and it's an entire new dungeon in the game."

"On the surface, if I say it's a new dungeon, people kinda say, 'Oh, it that it?' but if you play Darksiders 2 and see how big our dungeons are, how intricate our they are, and what that means, you'll realize I'm not talking about a quick dungeon you're done with in a few minutes, I'm talking about hours and hours of gameplay."

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724044/darksiders-2-dlc-detailed-arghuls-tomb-provides-hours-and-hours-of-play/

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Given the value that Vigil seems to be giving us in terms of content, I think the DLC stands to actually be worth the additional cost. Pure speculation on my part though and a dose of faith!
3AQmK.gif

Here is an article where some details of the first DLC are revealed and it sounds pretty cool.

http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/blog/post/724044/darksiders-2-dlc-detailed-arghuls-tomb-provides-hours-and-hours-of-play/

Haha, yeah, this is precisely what I'm trying to ascertain. I don't want to pay ~$13+ ($50 at THQ's online store [with a US VPN] versus ~$37 over at GMG) and be disappointed in the later content, but it seems the added upfront cost may be worth it. Cheers. :)

carlos

Well I tried giving THQ my money (haven't bought a game on launch date since warhawk in 2007), but after inputting the billing information and choosing to pay with paypal, hitting the continue button only causes the page to refresh endlessly :(

ArjanN

Odd. I haven't had any issues with DS1 or the achievements on Steam.

There were issues with the steam achievements for Darksiders 1 for a lot of people. Sometimes you had to do reload and do something more than once for the achievement to unlock. You could get every achievement to unlock if you were willing to do that though.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah I missed a couple story related ones looking at them, and I just started the game last week. but the completion is all that matters so I'm not too worried.

Preordered through GOG. The DLC is tempting but I figured I'd just buy it all discounted through Steam sale when it's out and I'm ready for it. Not sure I'll want to play them all on release so I'll take the lower price

hdn

Vigil Games Dev
The first Xbox review has gone up on Metacritic. It's by Dan Howdle at X360 magazine (uk) and it's a great read. If you get chance to pick it up, do so. He gave it a 9/10.

Metacritic - Darksiders II - X360

H

DieH@rd

Banned
The first Xbox review has gone up on Metacritic. It's by Dan Howdle at X360 magazine (uk) and it's a great read. If you get chance to pick it up, do so. He gave it a 9/10.

H

"Vast, sprawling, beautiful and infinitely playable, Darksiders II is the biggest and best surprise of 2012. So far. It will fill all the time between now and other big hitters. "

carlos

H

Congrats! I'm sure the extra months of polish will pay off; hopefully the 86 that was given in the other ps3 review is as low as you're going to get :)

edit: be positive, hdn!

Hobbun

I haven’t played DS 1, but looking forward to it. I have it sitting at home. The more I hear about DS 2, the more I like what I hear.

H

What did they give for the first DS?

KorrZ

Officially went and pre-ordered the 360 version today in full! I can't wait for this game I'm so excited, I'm afraid at this point that I'm going to get it and just plow through it in one 24 hour straight session I want it so bad.

Been playing Skyward Sword recently and paid off Darksiders 2 preorder yesterday.

I loves me some action adventure with a heavy focus on environmental puzzle solving and I am super hyped for this game!!

Awesome OT!!

ShinAmano

Day 1! Wish I could get it early...but lol there is no such things as early games in Richmond. :)

Darksiders was and is the best action RPG of the generation.

ultron87

Ya know, I wasn't planning on buying this right away. But it sounds pretty sweet and there is nothing else coming out any time soon besides it that interests me. So lets do it!

Day 1! Wish I could get it early...but lol there is no such things as early games in Richmond. :)

Darksiders was and is the best action RPG of the generation.

I think Nier and Dragon's Dogma ade still the best action RPGs this gen, but Darksiders II is probably going to top both of them for me. DSII just has a lot going for it that's got me hyped.

MMaRsu

For us dutchies... Gamekings.tv posted a preview of three hours Darksiders II. No spoilers :)

Yeah they said it would probably take around 30 hrs to complete... NIIIIIIIIICE

Top Bottom