• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darksiders II |OT| What starts with War, ends with Death.

S1kkZ

Damnit, details details, I say! We all know the game is going to be great, but perfomance-wise we need to know.

yeah, i really want to pre-order the game. but if it has sub-30 framerate, its a no-buy (i just cant deal with that, in any game).

DonMigs85

yeah, i really want to pre-order the game. but if it has sub-30 framerate, its a no-buy (i just cant deal with that, in any game).

The first game ran anywhere from 15-30FPS depending on the chaos onscreen, and it was tolerable for me.

S1kkZ

The first game ran anywhere from 15-30FPS depending on the chaos onscreen, and it was tolerable for me.

i had no problem when i first played it (which was the 360 version before the patch) but i went back a few weeks ago and couldnt deal with the framerate.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
One journalist reported that even developers are not sure if DS2 speedrun can be done in under 20 hours. :D

Well that doesn't mean anything. Alot of modern games can't be run because of the amount control that is taken away from players at times. (mandatory on rails sections like the griffin shooter in the first game, or entirety of Uncharted 2 and 3 for a better exmaple)

I'm sure the game is packed to the brim with content. At least alot more than similar games at the same price, but I don't think that's a good indication of it.

I'm playing on a laptop and rarely get under 40 on the first game.(with it going as high as 120-200+ in some areas)

Buy it on PC if you don't want to deal with locked console framerate

Megasoum

Banned
I really hope that those huge fps drops are caused by the capture stuff or the stream cause it is GLORIOUS when it hit the 60fps! So smooth.

Effect

That is so weird. I thought something was wrong with my eyes there for a moment. YouTube lets you stream at 60fps but not normal videos!?

Raptor

Love how Death doesn't use his hands for nothing like opening doors or chests, his supernatural arms do that kind of work, little details like that are awesome.

Is it just me or does Crucible sound like a ripoff of Dante's Inferno? Not that I mind, as it was really fun in that game.

Had to turn the stream off. Either its bad on their end or my connection to them is shit because all the video really did was stutter. Death's animations are badass though. Can't wait to play this.

DieH@rd

Banned
They described Argul's Toomb as "new zone with dungeons".

Livestream is done! It was really choppy [not the games fault], but they showed the introduction [e3 demo], giantbomb area, and the Crucible [don't spooler tag that]. :D

Looks like they're done - that was a good showing. It was nice to see the
Crucible
and I hope we get some epic stuff for completing it.

Top Bottom