• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Darkstalkers Resurrection |OT| aaaAAAaaa!!! Real monsters!

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
You mean Demitri right?

Sorry; Demitri. I was thinking of the characters with transformations in general. They said many of those characters were tough. Donovan has his elemental spirits, Demitri must morph his victims, etc.

Nice OP man.

I'll be on XBL. I think I will stick with Demitri and Talbain. I wish Donovan was in this so bad. Talking VS of course.

Also, I think that transformation memory excuse for no Demitri in Marvel is BS, lol.

I hope Donovan and Demitri get into Marvel 4. Double D Darkstalkers,

h3ro

Nice OP man.

I'll be on XBL. I think I will stick with Demitri and Talbain. I wish Donovan was in this so bad.

Also, I think that transformation memory excuse for not Demitri in Marvel is BS, lol.

I hope Donovan and Demitri get into Marvel 4. Double D Darkstalkers,

Dee confirmed for D4.

ak1976

Neo Member
I had vampire savior and nightwarriors for my sega saturn back in the early 2000's..I loved the animations for this game...can't wait till tomorrow...I just wish they released vampire hunter 2 which was basically the second version of vampire savior (ds3) in the US...

So who does everybody use?

I've always used Talbain, but I've never really learned how to play this game.

I'm going to learn Q. Bee and maybe Bishamon.

Also, Skillzilla81 on XBL and PSN. Add me, but tell me you're from GAF or I'll ignore you. :p

Anakaris, Hsien Ko, and Q Bee if I recall. Raptor too I think.

It's been years :<

But not for long! :>

:p

In Savior I primarily use Sasquatch and BB Hood but I'm gonna try my best to branch out and try all of the characters. Rikuo is probably up next for me.

In Hunter I'm probably going to just use everyone I can't use in Savior so Donovan, Pyron, and Sentinel.

Azure J

Also, Skillzilla81 on XBL and PSN. Add me, but tell me you're from GAF or I'll ignore you. :p

When I dabbled with Saviour, I was a Hsien-Ko bro. I'm definitely sticking with her as a main and cycling between Q.Bee (top pick), Donovan, B.B. Hood, and/or Talbain as I search for a dedicated secondary.

Hunter I don't know anything about so whatever sticks there I guess. :p

Tizoc

I asked this a few posts ago =P

I'll be using:
Hunter: Pyron, Phobos and maybe Demitri, Gallon and Sasquatch
Savior: Gonna try Demitri, Jedah, Gallon & Sasquatch and see who of them I'd like more.

Beckx

I made a 360 Gamertag for people to add if they want to find people to play.

GT: DarkstalkersGAF

Excellent, thanks.

-------

Hunter: Donovan

DS3: Donovan :cry not sure yet, will play around with Demitri since I've used him as a secondary. Will play around a bit and see, though.

What sort of character is Jedah? His art is cool-looking.
Relentless pressure user that has a decent dark force that leads to some nice combos. He is kinda hard to use because you really are losing the game if you aren't all over your opponent. His defensive options aren't very hot outside of his Guard Cancel(which is pretty good imo), but some of his hitboxes are good for moving forward. His major problem is how huge his hurtbox is. Seriously, he gets mauled because of it. He doesn't have any supers that you can combo with either which means you have to rely on really good fundamentals instead of big damage like Zabel or Morrigan/Lillith. It's a climb similar to what you might experience with Lei Lei or Q.Bee or Anak. If you are good with Jedah you are genuinely good, though.

NeoDeus

I loooove Jedah, but am no good with him. I mostly play Felicia (who I also like, so it works out). I've become pretty good at throwing out and connecting Please Help Me punishes, which always frustrates opponents to no end. :)

Gaspode_T

I spent years bugging Capcom people to release this so now I feel obligated to buy it ASAP...so many memories of playing the heck out of Darkstalkers games on Saturn with my best friend.

Relentless pressure user that has a decent dark force that leads to some nice combos. He is kinda hard to use because you really are losing the game if you aren't all over your opponent. His defensive options aren't very hot outside of his Guard Cancel(which is pretty good imo), but some of his hitboxes are good for moving forward. His major problem is how huge his hurtbox is. Seriously, he gets mauled because of it. He doesn't have any supers that you can combo with either which means you have to rely on really good fundamentals instead of big damage like Zabel or Morrigan/Lillith. It's a climb similar to what you might experience with Lei Lei or Q.Bee or Anak. If you are good with Jedah you are genuinely good, though.

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

I'll prepare to climb then.

laaame

I've mainly messed around with Talbain because he's easy to use. In most fighting games I tend to avoid derpy rushdown characters but I dunno who else to play. If anyone knows a well rounded character with good normals that would make character searching much easier.

I've mainly messed around with Talbain because he's easy to use. In most fighting games I tend to avoid derpy rushdown characters but I dunno who else to play. If anyone knows a well rounded character with good normals that would make character searching much easier.
Bishamon has a stupid good fireball game, great wakeup pressure, solid hitboxes, fantastic EX moves and solid supers. More or less top of mid tier and a huge threat if you get good with him. He ain't no Zabel, Lei Lei or B.B. Hood in terms of difficulty either.

Demitri works. Very straightforward character who has a fireball, great normals, and more or less an answer to any situation he finds himself in.

laaame

Bishamon has a stupid good fireball game, great wakeup pressure, solid hitboxes, fantastic EX moves and solid supers. More or less top of mid tier and a huge threat if you get good with him. He ain't no Zabel, Lei Lei or B.B. Hood in terms of difficulty either.
Demitri works. Very straightforward character who has a fireball, great normals, and more or less an answer to any situation he finds himself in.
Both of these sound good. Bish sounds what I am looking for but i'm kinda iffy about his charge move. I can barely keep up with VS's speed, let alone have time to charge. Is that move just a long poke or will I need to incorporate it into combos?

Demitri felt boring last time I played VS but I tend to gravitate towards simple characters, even if I never intended to. I'll wait for the game to be out to try both.

Rotanibor

Both of these sound good. Bish sounds what I am looking for but i'm kinda iffy about his charge move. I can barely keep up with VS's speed, let alone have time to charge. Is that move just a long poke or will I need to incorporate it into combos?

Demitri felt boring last time I played VS but I tend to gravitate towards simple characters, even if I never intended to. I'll wait for the game to be out to try both.

Bishamon's charge move has a very very short charge time. Not only that, the longer you charge it, the more hits it does, up to 3 hits. The ES version does a lot of damage only has a set amount of hits, but you only have to charge it for the shortest time.

Demitri is pretty fun if you are playing him correctly. He is usually pegged as boring, but I feel like most people just don't understand him.

Tizoc

Ever wonder what the announcer says before, "Fight!"? I think he's slurring, "in legend".

He says Leady.

Well the wait begins for Grace Chen to get around to updating the US Store.

EU PSN GAFfers, I would recommend getting the game off US PSN as it seems the EU price is higher =P

I can't wait for this!

ijLGpjglIWwpa.png

Such a fun, lively series! I love it, but I never got to dive into this with other newer players. I plan to give my Felicia a go in VSAV again. I think I'm gonna try branching out with some other characters that I barely touched in the past like Demitri and Bishamon.

Probably won't be able to get this until later on in the week, but we'll see about that. I'll be playing on XBL. GT - xDeputyDanglex

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I'll probably pick up the XBLA version this week, but I was wondering if anyone is picking up either the Japan or Asia retail versions. I'd love to know if either of those are compatible with US consoles. I might order and test this out myself.

Beckx

I'll probably pick up the XBLA version this week, but I was wondering if anyone is picking up either the Japan or Asia retail versions. I'd love to know if either of those are compatible with US consoles. I might order and test this out myself.

With luck I should have the JP e-capcom limited on Friday. With no luck, Monday.

Dwingvatt

Banned
My points are ready. I would also like to know if the JP retail version is region free for the 360 because I would like to pick that up also.

kunonabi

Bishamon's charge move has a very very short charge time. Not only that, the longer you charge it, the more hits it does, up to 3 hits. The ES version does a lot of damage only has a set amount of hits, but you only have to charge it for the shortest time.

Demitri is pretty fun if you are playing him correctly. He is usually pegged as boring, but I feel like most people just don't understand him.

yeah, most people just try to fireball spam with him and ignore his up close shenanigans involving his great cross-up, 360 grab, and his ex moves. they work even better if you can scare the opponent away from pressing buttons with his gc.

Soulstar

I always use Lei Lei. She is just too fun.

BadWolf

Haven't played the game(s) much overall but did put in some matches online via emulator a couple of times.

Used Demitri and did rather well playing him like a shoto.

Top Bottom