• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

David Fincher, Charlize Theron Team for 'Mindhunter' Netflix Series

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Fincher needs to pull a Soderbergh and direct every episode.
He was going to do that on Utopia, which was probably a factor in why he needed so much money for it that HBO eventually balked. Fincher's method of shooting dozens and dozens of takes of everything doesn't come cheaply. Time is money.

Frodo

Netflix is currently the best provider of original content when it comes to series. Colour me interested.

Sense8 Season two
3% (Portuguese show, 2016)
Stranger Things (2016)
Lost in Space (TBA, not much is known)

3% is a Brazilian show.

Netflix has given a series order to the futuristic drama series “3%,” which marks its first original production shot in Brazil.

The Portuguese-language series hails from Boutique Filmes and Cesar Charlone, whose credits include cinematography on 2002’s “City of God.” It’s targeted to begin production early next year and debut in Netflix territories worldwide later in the year.

The project is described as a thriller set in a world sharply divided between progress and devastation, where people are given the chance to make it to the “better side” but only 3% of the candidates succeed.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/netflix-3-brazil-drama-series-cesar-charlone-1201556793/

TheOddOne

Walpurgis

Banned
I was afraid that the bump meant bad news. These movie director TV series have a habit of fading away. I hope Fincher takes this one seriously because it is really well suited to his talents and it sounds fantastic. After the massive success of Making a Murder, Netflix needs to make this happen and they need to keep Fincher on-board. If they could get him to direct each episode like True Detective, that would be brilliant. In any case, I am really looking forward to this and a female lead is great news.

DavidDesu

You had me at David Fincher, Charlize Theron and Netflix Series.

ps. @netflix. Please make Sci Fi shows (Sy Fy sucks).

Fucking this. If SyFy does make something good then they cancel after one season to fund more intentionally shit films. Hate how they treated Caprica. Grrr. Give me sci if with Daredevil budget and class.... Oh boy.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Nooooooo I was hoping for Charlize
Theron is back on a feature film upswing, so that probably wasn't in the cards. There was a better chance of her committing to a series back when this was put into development with HBO back in 2010.

Finally Anna Torv gets a new gig. It does sound very Fringe-like though.
She went and did a few Australian projects since Fringe. Couple movies, a miniseries, another TV thing. She also did that HBO pilot Open that didn't get picked up.

TheOddOne

- THR: David Fincher's Netflix Drama 'Mind Hunter' Finds Its Star.
Holt McCallany is on the case for Netflix and David Fincher.

The Lights Out and Gangster Squad alum has been tapped to topline the streaming giant's Mind Hunter drama series, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The casting serves as a reunion for Fincher and McCallany after the actor previously appeared in the prolific producer's features Fight Club and Alien 3.
Originally developed at HBO via Fox 21, the drama hails from Fincher as well as Charlize Theron's Denver and Delilah banner. Joe Penhall (The Road) will pen the script with Dexter grad Scott Buck. Buck is set to serve as showrunner and will exec produce alongside Penhall, Fincher and Theron.

Fucking this. If SyFy does make something good then they cancel after one season to fund more intentionally shit films. Hate how they treated Caprica. Grrr. Give me sci if with Daredevil budget and class.... Oh boy.

I mean, Expanse, Killjoys, Dark Matter, and The Magicians are solid shows that Syfy is currently producing. They're trying to get back into that swing and their first efforts are pretty good.

awcarew

Wow, this show sounds fantastic. Holt McCallany did a podcast today with Rutten and Ranallo and talked a bit about Mindhunter. He said Fincher wants 5 seasons and the storyline begins in the late 1970s and takes place across 20 years. Seems filming starts this May and wraps at the very end of the year for a 2017 premiere.

You can listen to the whole interview here: https://soundcloud.com/mauroranallo

KonradLaw

Syfy these days seem to give everything two seasons.
Also..there's no way Expanse doesn't have a lot bigger budget than Daredevil.

Ninjimbo

Anna Torv? Fuck me that's great. I can't wait to see her again. I loved the hell out of Fringe.

I doubt Fincher will direct all the episodes. The show would never get done otherwise. He's one of the most demanding directors around and meticulous as fuck. I just hope he doesn't leave the series hanging like he did with House of Cards.

awcarew

Anna Torv? Fuck me that's great. I can't wait to see her again. I loved the hell out of Fringe.

+1000. Holt McCallany actually talks about Anna and said her role is "a very good part" in his podcast interview. Sounds like she's got quite a bit of material to work with here.

awcarew

Netflix just released the teaser trailer for Mindhunter! Premieres this October. Looks great, so excited to see Anna Torv back with David Fincher!!!

Teaser

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom