• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DBZ: Budokai 3... Has anybody heard concrete details?

TheDiave

Banned
I know, I know... A guy with a DBZ avatar asking about the upcoming PS2 DBZ game. Shameless, I know, but anyways, on with the question at hand...

Anybody who played the first and second game knows how little difference there was between the two, from a gameplay mechanic standpoint. The only major addition was the ability to launch energy attacks without doing a combo first. However, I've been hearing rumblings that gravity may finally have lots some of its hold, and in the third installment, the fighters will be able to fly freely (at least on a 2D plane). Anybody know if there's truth to it?

My curiosity is piqued.

I posted some stuff a while ago...it's porbally lost by now. From what I read there will be free flying, Movie characters, the return of the story mode, and teleporting. I forget what else.

Don't forget that the hit detection was much better in the second one.

Anyway, all I know about 3 is that it's called Buu's Fury.

TheDiave

Banned
I posted some stuff a while ago...it's porbally lost by now. From what I read there will be free flying, Movie characters, the return of the story mode, and teleporting. I forget what else.
Where'd you read that though? I haven't seen anything at all on the game, other than a short bit on Gamepro's website.

TheDiave said:
Where'd you read that though? I haven't seen anything at all on the game, other than a short bit on Gamepro's website.

I seen movies of it with broily fighting goku... both in SS3 mode..

tenchir

I don't think Brolly was ever in SS3 mode. The highest he went was Ultra SS1(the one that future Trunk achieved) and Goku never went SS3 on him(or even SS2 for that matter).

Edit: Ah, you meant in video games....... ugh

www.dbzonps2.com

They have links to pics, faqs, and there was one for the tralier of the game...in the forum not the front page...for some odd reason.

It seems the french press is getting more info on the game then anyone else. did it just comeout in France or something I thoguth the US mainstream was the last to get DBZ after the entire world got tired of it.

TheDiave

Banned
It seems the french press is getting more info on the game then anyone else
That's how it was with Budokai 2 as well. I remember seeing the best screenshots on that stupid "Jeuxfrance.com" site. All the American press had was boring regular and Super Saiyan characters, but they had stuff like Super Buu and Vegito in their shots. Talk about unfair! I mean I thought Europe got everything last, for shit's sake! :)

I seen movies of it with broily fighting goku... both in SS3 mode.
I saw the video too, but it didn't showcase or mention anything about being able to teleport or fly freely. It just had the same sort of action we saw in the prior games. I don't care much about the teleporting, but I do hope you can fly freely to some extent... As long as it's easy to ground yourself, and you can't just start floating if you accidently hit up on the control pad/analog stick.

Come to think of it, I'm actually not sure how they could cleanly implement it... I wonder.

DrDogg

GamePro or Game Informer (one of the two) has the exclusive on the first B3 info for their October issue. That's why you haven't heard much. From what I know, it's pretty similar to B1 and B2 which means it will suck. Oh well... chalk up another crap game that's ONLY for fans of the license.

Top Bottom