• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
WSJ Article with stuff from Terrio. Flash and Aquaman solo movies will continue their stories from JL.

About WW:

JL:

BN-NA174_DC_20j_M_20160310124322.jpg
First time he has ever spoken about any of these movies right?

Odoul

I really don't like how it looks, so bland. The shot with them running towards each other was so bad.

But I'm not going to go there and start shit, people enjoyed it, so cool.

With Batman vs Superman there's a really awesome atmosphere to the fight with the rain and lightning. Tony and Cap fight in a cheap looking warehouse with flat lighting and just very awful cinematography.

Yeah the Winter Soldier was great and the urban warfare look worked great for it, but it is a little distracting here.

You're debuting iconic characters in these...unmagnificent ways.

Black Panther makes his his big screen introduction to audiences in front of an AC cooling unit.

Spider Man enters the MCU in an airport.

Still much better than the first trailer. The music is much better at mood setting.

TWS had infinitely better trailers though IMO. Set the current of mystery perectly and promised some huge stakes (that they actually managed to deliver on.

I'll be seeing it of course so maybe everything will flow better in context. It did make Black Panther look good and I've never seen the big deal with him.

I liked the Civil War trailer, but the Russo directed films continue to look like something you'd see on TV in spots, especially outdoor scenes and the way they handle parts of the action.

Anyways, it's nice to see Terrio getting an opportunity to talk about the films.

The first time we see Batman in this movie, it almost plays like a scene in a horror movie.
Affleck: Exactly. It's like out of "Se7en" or "Aliens" or something, which is a really different vibe. My son still watches the Adam West "Batman" [TV series]. It's a far cry from where it started.

Anth0ny

Yeah the Winter Soldier was great and the urban warfare look worked great for it, but it is a little distracting here.

You're debuting iconic characters in these...unmagnificent ways.

Black Panther makes his his big screen introduction to audiences in front of an AC cooling unit.

Spider Man enters the MCU in an airport.

Still much better than the first trailer. The music is much better at mood setting.

TWS had infinitely better trailers though IMO. Set the current of mystery perectly and promised some huge stakes (that they actually managed to deliver on.

I'll be seeing it of course so maybe everything will flow better in context. It did make Black Panther look good and I've never seen the big deal with him.

We don't know if that will be his debut in the actual movie, though. Batman's BvS trailer debut was him in his weird armor looking up at Superman in the rain. It wasn't until I saw him in his real ass suit in the second trailer that I really started to feel the hype.

All I know is this...

vk6SGSS.gif

ktrfvskbvmgzkeoclzkv.jpg

lVTujRa.gif

rOwJUeW.gif

I never thought I'd see this stuff in live action. Let alone all in a single year. What a time to be alive.

vegeta101

Banned
honestly that civil war trailer was bad.
im so glad batman v superman is coming out first though. I don't think I could handle people saying something like Snyder copied civil war for the reason they are fighting.
civil wars reason for fighting is collateral damage, im sure people will draw comparisons.

ryan299

Just heard a BvS radio commercial and the line where Lex talks about the gladiator match had an added part that sounded like "Now a battle to the death".

EDIT: Lex says "And now you will battle to the death."

Rooster12

The comic off which the film is loosely based has some rather flimsy reasoning for all the heroes taking the sides that they took (and taking sides to begin with) as well. A lot of folks don't like it because it felt like a half-assed excuse to get all these characters fighting each other just to sell comics, and a lot of the motivations for the various heroes felt very out-of-character.

Oh this movie will be better than the awful and overrated comic event mark my words.

The comics actually gave them a valid reason to go to war with each other, with the Superhuman Registration Program, and there were lots of tie-ins which were awesome. Especially the parts with Iron Man's team hunting down all the superheroes in hiding. It's the main story that was full of nonsensical crap and overdrawn brawls.

I don't know what the hell the reason is for them to fight each other in the movie, but I'm sure the execution will be much, much better.

Ok, Ben brings up something that was rumored a long time ago (not much of a spoiler IMO), about Bruce going to underground fights and there was a rumor that one of the scenes filmed was Bruce at an underground fight club.

Has any of the reactions mentioned that scene at all? Verendus maybe you can shed some light on it?

Error

We don't know if that will be his debut in the actual movie, though. Batman's BvS trailer debut was him in his weird armor looking up at Superman in the rain. It wasn't until I saw him in his real ass suit in the second trailer that I really started to feel the hype.

All I know is this...

vk6SGSS.gif

ktrfvskbvmgzkeoclzkv.jpg

lVTujRa.gif

rOwJUeW.gif

I never thought I'd see this stuff in live action. Let alone all in a single year. What a time to be alive.
Don't get me wrong I loved TWS and I'm most certainly watching CW. I just wish Marvel would allow these directors to give a more stylized look to their films, make them distinct. Apparently Doctor Strange is gonna have a psychedelic tone, can't wait to see how it looks.

honestly that civil war trailer was bad.
im so glad batman v superman is coming out first though. I don't think I could handle people saying something like Snyder copied civil war for the reason they are fighting.
civil wars reason for fighting is collateral damage, im sure people will draw comparisons.

Yeah it seemed to come out of the blue. Like realism isn't what the MCU has ever been about, the world had basically been a sandbox for the Avengers, but now collateral damage matters (5 or so films after avengers). Maybe the MCU is going for a different tone from now on with the Russos in charge, which I wouldn't mind. I just find the sudden change a bit jarring.

If the Spiderman costume wasn't all CG, I'd like it more. I get they added him last minute and had to whip it up from scatch, but it just looks so fake. And they animated his eyes to shrink/focus, but his mouth doesn't move when he talks? I hope the line was dubbed and not actually suppose to be said at that part, otherwise yeesh...

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I do not know why, but Terrio's comments in that WSJ article have made me even more excited for BvS & JL...Which is making the wait even harder to bare, hahaha. Thanks, Chris!

BadAss2961

It does look super bland, even for an MCU movie. Shockingly bad.
Washed out airports and parking garages become more exposed when you're showcasing so many heroes of different tones and backgrounds. Civil War using the same Winter Soldier look doesn't cut it.
Yeah it seemed to come out of the blue. Like realism isn't what the MCU has ever been about, the world had basically been a sandbox for the Avengers, but now collateral damage matters (5 or so films after avengers). Maybe the MCU is going for a different tone from now on with the Russos in charge, which I wouldn't mind. I just find the sudden change a bit jarring.

Yeah.

tim1138

This is probably just me projecting but this quote

and read the Greek historian Diodorus of Sicily’s account of the war between Amazon and Atlantis to better understand Wonder Woman.

immediately brought to mind Flashpoint.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Boy did that Terrio interview fill me with great faith for the upcoming DC movies! Probably more so than anything I've read thus far. Dude gets it and is taking it super serious with fondness for the source material.

I'd be shocked if they don't adapt Flashpoint somehow on the big screen.

maybe a flash sequel. by then they'll be neck-deep into the whole mythos. (hell they already are with batman v superman and suicide squad, i like that there's already plenty of established history. this is a good way to go about things imo)

Error

I honestly thought Terrio was doing this for the paycheck and as a favor to Ben Affleck.

Seems like he is actually knee deep into all this, and is a big part of the DCEU roadmap, color me surprised.

witness

Boy did that Terrio interview fill me with great faith for the upcoming DC movies! Probably more so than anything I've read thus far. Dude gets it and is taking it super serious with fondness for the source material.

Ok yeah that was great. Dude seems to really care.

I honestly thought Terrio was doing this for the paycheck and as a favor to Ben Affleck.

Seems like he is actually knee deep into all this, and is a big part of the DCEU roadmap, color me surprised.

There's a recent interview with Affleck in which he claims WB were grooming Terrio before he signed on. Can't find it from my phone. We assumed Affleck tossed Goyer out Uncle Phil style. But it's sounding as if Terrio was to entice Ben, per Matt Damon's words.

tim1138

I'd be shocked if they don't adapt Flashpoint somehow on the big screen.

WB must love that there is an in continuity plot device to reboot the universe and recast the roles down the line. Ben, Henry, Ezra, and Gal don't want to do anymore movies? Bring on the Flashpoint!

guek

Banned

It's not really out of the blue though. Collateral damage has always mattered and they've always made a point to try and minimize it as much as possible. It's a natural progression in the MCU story line from the Thor's appearance spurning the formation of the Avengers and reopening tesseract research to the fall of SHIELD and now the Sokovia incident. The world let the Avengers operate without any supervision once and they created a genocidal AI and dropped a city from the sky. This is a pretty fun super-cut of the lead up to Civil War. The sound gets garbled towards the end but most of it is pretty well put together.

shingi70

Banned
So much Justice League Hype. Going with my predictions

Wonder Woman - Half WWI half Modern day agaisnt Ares and Circe.
Justice League - Throne of Atlantis
Aquaman - The Trench/ Black Manta
The Flash - The Trail of Barry Allen.
Justice League 2 - Darkseid
The Batman - Red Hood
Shazam - The Geoff Johns Orgin.
Man of Steel 2 - Braniac and Metallo
Cyborg - No clue
Green Lantern Corps - The War of Light?

Simo

Really cool interview. This made me laugh though. LOL
Affleck: Zack spent two years of his life on this movie, and we put in months and months. We are truly, deeply invested in this movie. We want the movie to be good. We want to be proud of it. I want to make a movie that my kids think is cool. It's not just us punching the corporate clock. You know, you get up at 5 and go to work at 6 in the morning and put on the suit. It's not particularly fun and sexy to roll around in a rubber suit fighting a stunt guy.

Cavill: [Scoffs] Says you. Whatever, prude.

This is really cool too. I really dig the Batmobile in BvS and love using it in Arkham Knight just get a better look at it and hear it roar as you race around Gotham. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom