• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Oooooooo might be able to see BvS on the 21st here in Seattle at the Pacific Science Center IMAX. The wife of a guy on my hockey team gets tickets to these premiere's somehow and they can't go this time so he's giving it to me.

Man, in the latest TV spot where batman says "well, here I am"....so awesome!! Need a gif of that please

giphy.gif

http://i.imgur.com/vP7gYWy.gif[img]

[url=http://i.imgur.com/CGwHIuN.gif]Without text[/url], [url=http://i.imgur.com/RCHz71z.gif]just the end[/url], [url=http://i.imgur.com/anVvqQR.gif]the end with text[/url], and [url=http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=197554705&postcount=4648]"come at me bro" variants[/url].[/QUOTE]

Should've been Come at me, son

Effect

One week until the OT. Has anyone heard from the user who is supposed to be putting it together?

Wow. Does it really need to go up a full week before the film comes out? I know it might be standard but lets be real here. We all know how that's going to turn out. At least at first.

Effect

wait what? isn't it simultaneous release??

That's what I thought. The official releases were all suppose to be between the 23rd to 26th depending on region and time difference. They made a big deal that the China was getting it pretty much the same day as the US (accounting for time zones). The premieres were suppose to be only a a week before release I thought.

Polarburr

That's what I thought. The official releases were all suppose to be between the 23rd to 26th depending on region and time difference. They made a big deal that the China was getting it pretty much the same day as the US (accounting for time zones). The premieres were suppose to be only a a week before release I thought.

whaaaat? no way. :eek:

i tried googling it but nothing came up.

edit: i think you meant the premiere for the world tour??

http://www.henrycavillnews.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-press-tour-to-kick.html

Magwik

Banned
I'd recommend an impressions/spoilers thread for the fan screening because most people aren't gonna wanna go in there and sure some will want to speak openly.

Well the point I was making is that the entire film will be up for discussion across the internet, so might as well have all discussion channels here open.

Simo

Well the point I was making is that the entire film will be up for discussion across the internet, so might as well have all discussion channels here open.

Yeah, OT and Spoiler thread should go up the 21st because obviously folks including more gaffers will be seeing the film and I'd imagine the review embargos might be up on the same day or the day before? That way we can all still discuss BvS and those that attend the fan screening can post their spoiler-free impressions and also have the spoiler thread for open discussion.

Either way a lot of Off Topic OTs go up a week in advance, they're not bound by the same rules as Gaming side.

Effect

I agree there should be a separate thread, clearly marked spoilers, for those that get to see it early. That way there is no chance of someone making a mistake and not spoiler tagging something or people being tempted if they are choosing to remain spoiler free.

whaaaat? no way. :eek:

i tried googling it but nothing came up.

edit: i think you meant the premiere for the world tour??

http://www.henrycavillnews.com/2016/03/batman-v-superman-press-tour-to-kick.html
Oh I was confused as well. The 11th/12th is the world tour. That's what that post was referring to. The actual film release is suppose to be worldwide at roughly the same time.

Penguin

ryan299

New commercial of the batmobile chasing a Dodge. http://www.ispot.tv/ad/A2FH/dodge-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-heroes-and-villains

With a snippet of Mulvey?
Sw4NE2D.jpg

Part 2 of Terrio's interview with the WSJ

At that moment, I thought, “I’m not done with this yet. I want to go back and keep telling the story.” “Batman v Superman” is a bit of an “Empire Strikes Back” or “Two Towers” or any similar middle film in a trilogy. The middle film tends to be the darkest one. I do think from “Man of Steel” through “Justice League,” it is one saga really.

Effect

Stumbled across this on R/Movies. Definitely the best work Snyder has done. Probably one of my favourite sequences in cb movies (the music selection is perfect). Give me some of Dat Glass in JL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNXohNU3tWo

This is a very good example for why Snyder was chosen. There are very few directors out there that would treat the material like this and give it I dare say majestic quality it deserves. Dr. Manhatten is damn near close to a "god" and Snyder makes that completely clear visually. You need that same talent when you show off Superman and the rest of the Justice League who are treated as gods among mortals. Even Batman. People ask why Snyder was picked and I do believe this is a significant part of the reason.

By their very nature WB/DC's films can not and should not be like Marvel's. It's why the Justice League comics and shows are not like the Avengers comics and cartoons. You're dealing with superheroes with both but I think that's where the comparisons should stop. The tone and nature of the two characters and teams have always been different. It stands to reason the live action films should be different as well and play to their strengths. Now things can get different when dealing with other characters that are B or C or D tier.

I really do wonder if audiences will accept that the two are different and should be different from each other. Especially if WB makes an honest effort on that front too.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Terrio said JL will be lighter, and that he is not 'necessarily' writing JL2.

Seems like JL1 will be the end of 'phase 1' for the DCEU.

Effect

With one less film then Marvel. Which is why it never made sense that people complained about WB/DC rushing things. Not even talking about personal taste it just didn't make sense when you did the math.

Marvel: IM1, Hulk, IM2, Thor, Cap America leading to Avengers.

DC: MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman leading to Justice League.

Hell you could pull out Incredible Hulk and reduce Captain America: First Avengers to just flashbacks and you wouldn't lose a beat leading up to Avengers.

Loxley

With one less film then Marvel. Which is why it never made sense that people complained about WB/DC rushing things. Not even talking about personal taste it just didn't make sense when you did the math.

Marvel: IM1, Hulk, IM2, Thor, Cap America leading to Avengers.

DC: MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman leading to Justice League.

Hell you could pull out Incredible Hulk and reduce Captain America: First Avengers to just flashbacks and you wouldn't lose a beat leading up to Avengers.

Exactly, ditching The Incredible Hulk and Iron Man 2 in particular would not harm The Avengers or make it a lesser movie in any meaningful way. The whole "rushed" arguments regarding the DCEU never held any genuine merit.

Perspective or is Snyder RDJ-tall?

Bittersweet to hear Terrio describe MoS-BvS-JL as a trilogy, when in a sense pillars were set by Goyer. But it's none too different from Lawrence Kasdan coming in for Empire Strikes Back. Ergo, Justice League will have Ewoks.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Perspective or is Snyder RDJ-tall?

Bittersweet to hear Terrio describe MoS-BvS-JL as a trilogy, when in a sense pillars were set by Goyer. But it's none too different from Lawrence Kasdan coming in for Empire Strikes Back. Ergo, Justice League will have Ewoks.

He had to come in and clean up that mess, it'll be insteresting if BvS is very well received. Would really put into context why they kicked out Goyer.

I have always said Goyer has great ideas, and he is good for giving a movie a story treatment and for the basic beats of the movie. When he tries to do more than that though...

Would love to see Goyer's script for this movie, but it sounds more and more like it got a major rewrite.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hey Verendus, I keep hearing how dark this movie is. What's your opinion on bringing my 5 year old?

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Batfleck, Baldman and Amy Adams on the Graham Norton Show huh? Love it. Wanted Jesse tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom