• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
For you.

I hope that in JL Darkseid doesn't come to earth. Let the JL go to Apokolips.

But then we can't get this.

wTftUkn.jpg

Penguin

It was that and every asshole you knew changing their Facebook status to "__________ has lived long enough to become the villain."

I wanted to just shut off the internet for like a year.

Speaking of... just made my annual political endorsement of Harvey Dent on Facebook...

I believe in Harvey Dent!

Ashhong

could be a lucky guess.

I'd love to see that for an ending though.

especially if it's a last ditch thing and superman doesn't know if he can even get that close to the sun

My problem with it though is
it kind of makes batman and ww pointless. Like, couldn't he do that without them?
we'll see soon!

I read that IMDB synopsis a while back. I thought it was confirmed fake?

I reckon that was some sort of early draft. Things probably got added and changed.

I think someone that was considered trustworthy said it got some broad strokes right but somethings wrong and somethings weren't mentioned. Could be wrong though.

My problem with it though is
it kind of makes batman and ww pointless. Like, couldn't he do that without them?
we'll see soon!

speculation: maybe they need to disable doomsday before he can attempt to carry him off. I'm guessing he'll regenerate (the spikes) from any damage he takes so Superman has to act quickly after WW (and maybe Bats) lays into him. Diana could cut off his arms and maybe clark will frost breath it or cauterize it to stop it from regrowing. I'd like to think Terrio will make each league member useful for the final fight in some way.

Ashhong

speculation: maybe they need to disable doomsday before he can attempt to carry him off. I'm guessing he'll regenerate (the spikes) from any damage he takes so Superman has to act quickly after WW (and maybe Bats) lays into him. Diana could cut off his arms and maybe clark will frost breath it or cauterize it to stop it from regrowing. I'd like to think Terrio will make each league member useful for the final fight in some way.

Reading this made me realize we have never really had a superhero movie with a real team up fight. I mean you have Avengers, but did they really work together like this again Ultron? Closest I can think of is actually Spider-Man 3 lol.

IconGrist

Reading this made me realize we have never really had a superhero movie with a real team up fight. I mean you have Avengers, but did they really work together like this again Ultron? Closest I can think of is actually Spider-Man 3 lol.

Team up against one guy? No, the closest so far has been Guardians but that was more "THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP" than an actual fight.

yeah there hasn't really been a great team vs one guy fight. Loki got obliterated by Hulk, Ultron had trouble fighting Captain America, and was ultimately owned by Vision.

I want to see a great hero team vs super villain team match up as well. I'm hoping DC does what Marvel don't, and makes some really great villains and keep them alive.

I'll be surprised if Lex doesn't help the heroes at some point in the DCEU, that's not too uncommon to see. I like that Johns made him part of the team, though he really has issues juggling characters.

yeah there hasn't really been a great team vs one guy fight. Loki got obliterated by Hulk, Ultron had trouble fighting captain america, and was ultimately owned by vision.

I want to see a great hero team vs super villain team match up as well. I'm hoping DC does what marvel don't, and makes some really great villains and keeps them alive.

I'll be surprised if Lex doesn't help the heroes at some point, that's not too uncommon to see.

Maybe and even if he doesn't, I'm sure he'll sway public perception that he is the one that saved everyone somehow. Even if it's a problem he created. That is a very Lex Luthory thing he'd do.

IconGrist

Uh oh, another MoS thread in OT. Brace yourselves.

I always question the "he shouldn't have been written into that corner" but what else could they have done? Kryptonite didn't exist so the only other scenario would have been to have Zod get trapped in the Phantom Zone along with the other Kryptonians. Which I guess is fine but you remove that personal conflict between the two in doing so. You can argue maybe that wasn't executed well but I never saw it as writing Superman into a corner.

shingi70

Banned
Got a Blu-ray copy of Man of Steel and a General Zod pop funko. I've been googling and I can't find how many pops were in the Man of Steel series.

I don't mind Clark Killing as I don't see him as Superman in this film until the last minute where we get the welcome to the daily planet line. There was never any other way to write the ending without having one ,more action sequence without a major ass pull. There was never going to be miniature Phantom Zone Projector or any other way to depower Zodd.

witness

Finally, just two weeks away now. I can safely say that my hype for this is greater than Episode 7, which was my high water mark.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
If Bats and Lex are really the standouts then that's basically 2/3rds of the film we know will be good. Throw in a solid Supes with a dash of Wonder Woman, great action, and subtle Justice League build up and I'm failing to see how this movie won't have me walking out of the theater already thinking about buying tickets to see it again.

DaveH

It's tormenting me because if you're into autographs and collectables this is actually a solid deal... but I'll never be able to justify it to my wife based on the resale value since I basically never resell anything! :p

http://titanbooks.com/blog/batman-vs-superman-dawn-justice-signed-limited-edition/

The Snyder autograph is only $100 and gets you a nice slipcase with the book... I might be able to hide that purchase. Haha...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Rumours keep saying Batman, Lex and/or WW are the standouts of the film.

As I Superman fan, this has me worried.
Probably because they benefit from the novelty factor. It's the first time we see Affleck and Einsenberg as Bats and Lex respectively. And first time for WW in a live action movie.

Rooster12

Rumours keep saying Batman, Lex and/or WW are the standouts of the film.

As I Superman fan, this has me worried.

It shouldn't....Lex should stand out.

Superman is someone you build around, just write a good story and the character will be fine.

But if you mess up Lex (Superman Returns) then it all goes to hell.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
They're most likely stand outs because they're all completely fresh characters so people didn't know what to expect.
Exactly. This is Superman's world with the same characters that were in last movie. He is the base and everything else is new and shiny.

Probably because they benefit from the novelty factor. It's the first time we see Affleck and Einsenberg as Bats and Lex respectively. And first time for WW in a live action movie.

They're most likely stand outs because they're all completely fresh characters so people didn't know what to expect.

It shouldn't....Lex should stand out.

Superman is someone you build around, just write a good story and the character will be fine.

But if you mess up Lex (Superman Returns) then it all goes to hell.

It could be the novelty factor, of course, but when you have scenes like
Superman bowing to Lex
, rumours like Wonder Woman
decapitating Dooomsday (which is a Superman villain after all, Supes should deliver the final and fatal blow)
and this image here: , they make me nervous Superman is being treated like a coadjuvant in his own movie, and kind being a little bitch.

It could be the novelty factor, of course, but when you have scenes like
Superman bowing to Lex
, rumours like Wonder Woman
decapitating Dooomsday (which is a Superman villain after all, Supes should deliver the final and fatal blow)
and this image here: , they make me nervous Superman is being treated like a coadjuvant in his own movie, and kind being a little bitch.

I got to talk to Verendus about BvS (no spoilers from him, basic impressions). Superman is fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom