• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahasverus

Okay, so, this is a little ambiguously worded. Do you mean to say that it's going to run for a total of 3 hours (30 minutes longer than the normal one) or that it's going to run for 3 hours 30 minutes longer than the normal one?

Because one of those is insane.
lol, the first.

Bleepey

Okay, so, this is a little ambiguously worded. Do you mean to say that it's going to run for a total of 3 hours (30 minutes longer than the normal one) or that it's going to run for 3 hours 30 minutes longer than the normal one?

Because one of those is insane.

Probably the former, the latter is a mini series lol

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
some fucker stole my bike today

Found him.

CK6.jpg

Millar doesn't even like Bats, does he? Superman is like the only traditional Cape he treats with respect. Could be a good sign for big blue's role in the movie.

Here's a better writeup.

Basically he feels there's too much darkness in the super hero genre in general. I suppose he doesn't hate it but wants more counter balance.

I find the assertion kind of odd, considering Marvel is leading the market in super hero movies right now and they're all variants of action and comedy.

I think it was true in comics back then, but lately ANAD & DCYou have had a brighter spin. I'm so excited to see what rebirth is.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Millar doesn't even like Bats, does he? Superman is like the only traditional Cape he treats with respect. Could be a good sign for big blue's role in the movie.
He's only comparing trailers. Don't think it has anything to do with the movie as a whole.

Here's a better writeup.

Basically he feels there's too much darkness in the super hero genre in general. I suppose he doesn't hate it but wants more counter balance.

I find the assertion kind of odd, considering Marvel is leading the market in super hero movies right now and they're all variants of action and comedy.

I think it was true in comics back then, but lately ANAD & DCYou have had a brighter spin. I'm so excited to see what rebirth is.

It's also an odd assertion considering that we're talking about the man who produced noted literary gems such as Wanted.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Oh I don't know. Probably have the spotlight shed on a lot of other DC characters that are just as interesting if not more so.

Icon please, gimme all that Batman.

That is how I feel about Gohan getting sidelined in DBS.

Also, current ranking:

1. Day of the dead
2. Is she with you?
3. The red capes are coming

Might change after seeing the movie. Love that Superman theme.

You know, I always thought BvS threads could get pretty ridiculous but that CW final trailer thread may take the cake.

Naw. There's plenty of good discussion. This is the internet, every thread has *some* stupid in it, the omnipresent carnival is what makes BvS threads unique.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member

So I'm curious ? Are we going to turn our brains off to the fact that didn't hurt ?

You know the same guy who got punched into space and slammed into a satellite.

Thrown through several buildings.

Yeah, that looked painful. Probably wasn't tho.

In fact......I need to know if I was the only one scratching my head at the fact that not only did neither Zod or Super have any bruising or CRAZY BURNS.....you know from re-entering Earth's atmosphere.

Or least some smoke to say hey that shit is hot. Lol.

Nobody bleed. Like at all. That bugged me the fuck out the most. Kryptonian air could kill you....but a Kryptonian punching you in the face....Nothing ?

IconGrist

So I'm curious ? Are we going to turn our brains off to the fact that didn't hurt ?

In fact......I need to know if I was the only one scratching my head at the fact that not only did neither Zod or Super have any bruising or CRAZY BURNS.....you know from re-entering Earth's atmosphere.

Nobody bleed. Like at all. That bugged me the fuck out the most. Kryptonian air could kill you....but a Kryptonian punching you in the face....Nothing ?

Welcome to kryptonite.

That was painful for Supes, trust me. Look at his arm.

Also, Supes bled in Man of Steel, he will bleed in Batman v Superman. I think we will see more bruises and blood than in Man of Steel.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
Better hope no civilians and buildings aren't around for that one.

I hope there are.....so I can hear about how he had no choice.

The anticipation as to whether this movie is good or not has me teetering on the edge.

Honestly, I think it's gonna be good.....like 70-something percent on RT good. That's okay right ?

The anticipation as to whether this movie is good or not has me teetering on the edge.

Honestly, I think it's gonna be good.....like 70-something percent on RT good. That's okay right ?

No. It'll be 80+.

I believe. I seriously do.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
Welcome to kryptonite.

I don't know. I feel like Supes is the kind of passive aggressive asshole to troll a human in a fight.

That....

And Synder is the kind of passive aggressive asshole to troll an audience of humans with a fight that has no consequences.

Uggggghhhh, please let this movie be good. Please. It's bad enough I won't ever get another Daft-Punk soundtracked Tron movie.

I'll take a good Superman for my gen as consolation. That's fair ?.....That's fair......That's totally fair.

I hope somewhere in the 80's close to Deadpool.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
That was painful for Supes, trust me. Look at his arm.

Also, Supes bled in Man of Steel, he will bleed in Batman v Superman. I think we will see more bruises and blood than in Man of Steel.

He coughed up blood. But in regards to "inflicted damage" not a drop.

Serious question. Had Zod spit in his face ?.....would that have effected him ?

I'm so serious, lol.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
I hope somewhere in the 80's close to Deadpool.

Here is the thing......They've already greenlit JL. WB DOES NOT give any fuck really.

I just want the reassurance that.......I don't know.......Something cool that I like won't die trying to appease a bunch of people who either don't care or don't get it ?

Yeah ?.....Yeah. I mean we still got the animated stuff, So I'm not REALLY sweating ir but.....eh..

The Man of Steel OST deserved a better class of hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom