• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, based off all the feedback so far I could it getting certified fresh. But they'll be 3 star reviews so the average rating will sit around 6.5-7.

If you enjoy it and it makes enough for WB to continue with their plans, what do the RT scores/rankings/whatever matter?

For a lot of people that are on the fence about seeing the movie it can make a difference. Really it's not any particular score but I think there's a difference between rotten, fresh and certified fresh.

If you enjoy it and it makes enough for WB to continue with their plans, what do the RT scores/rankings/whatever matter?

I would say it matters to the environment we spend our freetime like twitter, facebook or neogaf. I guess we don't want another cycle of MoS. Just have a decent RT score, and people would be inclined to talk less shit, where it doesn't belong.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
I just hope reviewers can go into this accepting of this Superman for who he is instead of who he isn't this time.

A sociopath ?

A 33 year old alien who has no concept of.....humanity ?

Oh oh. An unfeeling dick.

Seriously.....33 years on the planet. he decides eh you know I'm gonna do something with this alien shit.

Zod comes, ON TOP OF THAT.....He not only basically says fuck his home planet, he says I'm gonna make sure they stay dead.

I get it's a "different" Superman. But that's bad writing.

The line "Krypton had it's chance" made my heart sink.
Because seriously......."Krypton had it's chance" ? Superman might be a dick....might be arrogant......But he would NEVER be THAT much of grossly.....egregiously uncaring fuck.

Like good god man.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Oh really? What has been the negative stuff said about it so far?

What I meant to say is that there are critics out there that have already made up their mind about the movie it seems. I do expect the same level of bullshit as with MoS; not my Superman, too dark, not judging the movie for what it is but instead of what it isn't etc.

Anyway,

Here is that chinese clip of Wonder Women talking

http://sendvid.com/lijb4ckr

Awesome! I love her accent

What are the expectations as far as the Asian market goes? China & Japan care about Bats/Supes or not?

A sociopath ?

A 33 year old alien who has no concept of.....humanity ?

Oh oh. An unfeeling dick.

Seriously.....33 years on the planet. he decides eh you know I'm gonna do something with this alien shit.

Zod comes, ON TOP OF THAT.....He not only basically says fuck his home planet, he says I'm gonna make sure they stay dead.

I get it's a "different" Superman. But that's bad writing.

The line "Krypton had it's chance" made my heart sink.
Because seriously......."Krypton had it's chance" ? Superman might be a dick....might be arrogant......But he would NEVER be THAT much of grossly.....egregiously uncaring fuck.

Like good god man.

I agree, but I suppose the wording of some things could irk people, petty as it may be. Like you can mark it down because you don't like it, obviously, but to mark it down because it's still not "my Superman" (which I agree it, but it doesn't bother me too much because it's not like "my Superman" stops existing) is like the reviewing equivalent of "stop hitting yourself". Sorta. Eh.

Simo

Some new footage in the Brazilian Jeep ads.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAWD0CsZ_X4
Damn they increased the Metropolis destruction! lol

I like how you see more of it from Bruce's POV like the ship crash and the fighter jet hitting the building because of Black Zero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKEvsStUsLM

Anyone checked this out? Saw it pop up on SHH.

What network is that? Checked out HBO where they usually do a first look but they have nothing scheduled that I see from now until the film's release.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Early buzz for super hero movies are usually positive anyways, doesn't mean much
Usually but not always. Plus a lot of the early buzz for the recent superhero movies has actually been fairly predictive. I know it's not definitive but I do think it means something coupled with the other information we have. Of course it wouldn't be the first time I've been accused of being overly optimistic.

Some impressions from someone who apparently saw the movie in China: https://twitter.com/GreenleafQuinn/status/708698226271109120
I think BVS is very good
I would give a grade, but definitely batter than Age of Ultron
dark knight is indeed very dark,very terrying.Bruce's pass give him many mental injury
WW is just beautiful and badass.All i want to say:"Marry me, my goddess."
Though sups is call Man of Steel,but he isn't so steel insida his heart.But luckily he has Louise being there with him.
BVS's Lex Luthor is quit different from other versions I know before,but he is excellent in the film,can make people feel a sense of crisis,but sometime he is quite funny.
I cant spoiler the story of the film,but i think it's good
It's Zack Snyder,ofcause the action is great.
Soundtrack is ok I guess,I didn't pay too much attention on it.
There are many easter eggs.
If have to compare with MCU films,I will between Age of Ultron and Winter Soldier
WW and Batman had a little flirt,Superman and WW just getting know each other in the end.
I haven't watched Batman Begin in very long time,but I think BVS is better .
The dark knight definitely is the better film,but BVS is the more comic accurate film.
I preher BVS than The Dark Knight Rise.
The best part I think is the Batman VS Superman,the Doomsday fight,every things about Batman,Sperman and Louise 's daily life and his internal strugger,and yes WW
Luthor part is also great.
the last act is a little rush,hoping it can be fix in Director's Cut.

Raptor

Kvjp4LU.gif

My God I love Supes so damn much lol.

Looks glorious!

Simo

New perspective of the scout ship crash makes the destruction grander than MoS. Doubling down is gutsy. Somebody should do a side-by-side of the crash.

Also has a different perspective of when the fighter jet comes down over Perry and Jenny's head and hits the buildings.

Simo

Out of curiosity do any of you guys own any of 1/6th Hot Toys stuff, or figures in general, and how do you display them? Going to bite the bullet on the Supe/Bats special edition but wondering for the future the best way to display them....really want to get the Bat signal too when it releases...

Surprised to see this is the Barbie Batman too. lol
Bats_3-10-16---4A_zpsnx3z3ive.jpg

Bats_3-10-16---2A_zpsz7ukqhvi.jpg

Custom though but he only swapped out the bodies and used a different head sculpt from another figure.

Rodger Dodger

Neo Member
I agree, but I suppose the wording of some things could irk people, petty as it may be. Like you can mark it down because you don't like it, obviously, but to mark it down because it's still not "my Superman" (which I agree it, but it doesn't bother me too much because it's not like "my Superman" stops existing) is like the reviewing equivalent of "stop hitting yourself". Sorta. Eh.

I'd like to think the reviewers aren't that petty. But given the character....it's kind of a hard watch.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity do any of you guys own any of 1/6th Hot Toys stuff, or figures in general, and how do you display them? Going to bite the bullet on the Supe/Bats special edition but wondering for the future the best way to display them....really want to get the Bat signal too when it releases...

Surprised to see this is the Barbie Batman too. lol
Bats_3-10-16---4A_zpsnx3z3ive.jpg

Bats_3-10-16---2A_zpsz7ukqhvi.jpg

Custom though but he only swapped out the bodies and used a different head sculpt from another figure.
I have the Hot Toys Batman Begins batsuit, Dark Knight batsuit, Dark Knight Joker, 89 Batman, and 89 Joker all displayed in an IKEA glass case called the DETOLF. It's the cheapest glass case you can find, it runs like 60 bucks.

I'd like to think the reviewers aren't that petty. But given the character....it's kind of a hard watch.

Yeah. I'd be down on BvS if the Batman in it didn't seem to be a no-shits/fucks-given one with combat looking like it was ripped from the Arkham games. At the end of the day I'm maybe cynical enough to think WB just figure that a Superman who is everything he should be...wouldn't necessarily fly in the current movie market. Which is bullshit but you know how movie execs can be. So I hope that over the course of the DCEU, and certainly by Justice League or the end of the film universe, he is "our" Superman.

Must there be a Superman?

First it´s sounds like some straight up evil shit, and then it goes

conan-34832.gif

And The Red Capes Are Coming sound like the soundtrack for a troll, that schemes the trolliest of trolls lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom