• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like someone needs to update the OP so what updates should go in it

Joel Kinnaman as Flagg... and other stuff. Whatever you do don't take down that adorable gif of Michael Shannon playing with his little General Zod toy. Warms my heart every time I see it.

3N16MA

Banned
Not related to any of the films but thought I would post the Darkseid figure Sideshow just put up.

8bvFN5Y.jpg

g8Y4dbj.jpg

Dgs0MAW.jpg

Darkseid's incredibly narrow head continues to bug the hell out of me.

Jared Leto looking goooood in the Suicide Squad thread. Just needs the purple suit and the smile..

ReiGun

I'm sure the director status on that is "it's theirs if they want it." After Jump Street and The Lego Movie, I can't imagine WB wouldn't love to lock them in to direct one of DC's biggest characters.

Maddocks

please no wan, fast 7 had terrible camera work and useless headache causing shakey cam. do not want.

They can find someone better!

Penguin

Been a busy few days so just as a primer

Michelle MacLaren is off of Wonder Woman
Patty Jenkins has replaced her as director.

Suicide Squad has begun filming in Canada.

Batman v Superman teaser is due at the start of next week.

tim1138

Been a busy few days so just as a primer

Michelle MacLaren is off of Wonder Woman
Patty Jenkins has replaced her as director.

Suicide Squad has begun filming in Canada.

Batman v Superman teaser is due at the start of next week.

I thought the teaser was tomorrow?

5 second teaser tomorrow

20th is teaser? or trailer. I'd consider it a trailer at 2 mins 6 seconds.

Depends on the footage I guess. If it's moody shots like of the suits that we just saw on twitter, I'd call that a teaser. If it has dialogue and teases to the setpieces in the film, I'll call it a trailer.

Loxley

I'm all for John Stewart now. I *have* to think WB have at least reached out to Idris Elba's camp to gauge interest (sorry Tyrese), since I'm of the firm belief that he's the most logical choice despite being a very small part of the MCU. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they're also courting David Oyelowo, hot off Selma as well.

Elba would be ideal, but I think we all know it's gonna be Tyrese.

I've resigned myself to it, and am currently trying to come up with upsides.

DaveH

Variety Reports on Why MacLaren and the WB parted...
http://variety.com/2015/film/news/wonder-woman-michelle-maclaren-wb-1201473481/

In short, they just didn't agree on anything.

Doesn't mean either vision is wrong or right, just that they weren't the same and when the purse strings and the helm can't agree, it makes sense to part.

Specific points of contention raised:
  • MacLaren wanted big budget action, the studio doubted her action chops and wanted a character piece
  • The studio liked Fuchs (and 5 other) treatments over MacLaren's
  • MacLaren was inexperienced in dealing with big-budget production

If preproduction, less action, and budget were part of the sticking points, then Snyder's alleged preference for the Crimean War is unlikely to have pleased the studio either (compared to WWI), so the separation is unlikely to do with a difference of opinion with Snyder.

Doesn't mean either vision is wrong or right, just that they weren't the same and when the purse strings and the helm can't agree, it makes sense to part.

• MacLaren wanted big budget action, the studio doubted her action chops and wanted a character piece

If preproduction, less action, and budget were part of the sticking points, then Snyder's alleged preference for the Crimean War is unlikely to have pleased the studio either (compared to WWI), so the separation is unlikely to do with a difference of opinion with Snyder.

makes sense. I'm a bit curious/worried about a less action focused WW movie, but if Gal really does bring it, I won't complain.

Also, I knew that Crimean War rumor was bullshit haha. Made zero sense.

makes sense. I'm a bit curious/worried about a less action focused WW movie, but if Gal really does bring it, I won't complain.

Also, I knew that Crimean War rumor was bullshit haha. Made zero sense.

I dunno, Wonder Woman riding in the Charge of the Light Brigade could be all kinds of awesome.

J10

Banned

Not what I would have expected at all. I would have thought MacLaren would be the one to push for a more character driven movie.

Loxley

Not what I would have expected at all. I would have thought MacLaren would be the one to push for a more character driven movie.

No kidding. Usually you hear about the studio wanting more action, not the director. I think that's why the budget of the film probably played just as large of a role in her departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom