• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

The face of a man who is conflicted.

twgS3Yg.gif

The only influence Nolan had on Man of Steel was hiring Snyder and getting Goyer in a room with WB.

Nope.

Dude wasn't as involved as a producer normally is, because he was shooting TDKR at the same time, but he was very much involved with pre-production, development, casting, etc. He also has a "Story By" credit.

This might not be a popular opinion, but I actually like a superhero movie that gives a message that having powers doesn't automatically mean you have to use them for any means necessary. It's better than the whole Pa Kent issue of more or less telling Clark he couldn't be a hero, Ma is simply telling Clark that he has a choice, which might be something he needs to hear with all that's going on with him. He has a right to live his life normally if he wishes too.

I liked Shannon's Zod but I wish they had given him more to work with beyond varrying degrees of anger. The way his conversation goes with Clark in the dream sequence makes it painfully obvious he never expected Clark to see things his way. He could have been written to actually regret killing Jor-El and maybe even as a possible rival father figure. I feel like he could have been a sympathetic character but definitely wasn't.

I should probably rewatch MoS this weekend...blah. Maybe while I'm cleaning or doing paperwork.

Oh yeah, in a way he's quite one note....but my Dad quite liked him because everything he did was driven by a pre-destiny, mapped out for him when he was born on Krypton to be this great warrior. I still liked a theory I read way back when, or not really a theory but a What If?, that Zod realised he was doomed and fucked and basically fought Supes to the death to make him the hero that saved the Earth, which doesn't make a whole lot of sense but is kinda cool.

IconGrist

No way.

I refuse to believe that as anything but an exaggeration.

Believe it. Not out of love for the movie or anything. More boredom and when I can't think of something else to watch I'll throw it on. Winter Soldier is in that mix too. I've seen it a shit ton as well.

strafer

Believe it. Not out of love for the movie or anything. More boredom and when I can't think of something else to watch I'll throw it on. Winter Soldier is in that mix too. I've seen it a shit ton as well.

Winter Soldier is soo god. We finally get to see the real Cap.

That opening ship scene is fantastic.

BadAss2961

Netflix is only $8 bro. :p
I still go the old cable route. I'm not the type to throw the same movie on many times. But when it's on TV, I can just casually jump into it wherever it's at and do whatever i'm doing while watching, or background watching it.

Beginning to end, i've seen Man of Steel probably no more than 3 or 4 times. Through cable i've seen it piece by piece dozens of times. Enough to know most of it by heart.

I still go the old cable route. I'm not the type to throw the same movie on many times. But when it's on TV, I can just casually jump into it wherever it's at and do whatever i'm doing while watching, or background watching it.

Beginning to end, i've seen Man of Steel probably no more than 3 or 4 times. Through cable i've seen it piece by piece dozens of times. Enough to know most of it by heart.

Same here. I don't know how many times I've put Man of Steel on in the background when it was on HBO and now FX.

rokero

I used to do this with the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie

Loxley

I'm not one to judge, I've watched The Fellowship of the Ring a few hundred times over the last 15 years. I find it infinitely re-watchable. I quite literally have never gotten tired of it. Plus, it has always been my #1 "put it on the background" movie.

I honestly feel like I could recite almost the entire screenplay from memory.

BTM

I'm not one to judge, I've watched The Fellowship of the Ring a few hundred times over the last 15 years. I find it infinitely re-watchable. I quite literally have never gotten tired of it. Plus, it has always been my #1 "put it on the background" movie.

I honestly feel like I could recite almost the entire screenplay from memory.

My man

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, the most I can watch a movie is MAYBE 7/8 times. After that I'll get sick of it.

Btw, Collider is doing some sort Man of Steel commentary. For those who are interested.

a916

Damn, the most I can watch a movie is MAYBE 7/8 times. After that I'll get sick of it.

Btw, Collider is doing some sort Man of Steel commentary. For those who are interested.

Hmm, honestly I'm right around there... as a kid it was way different. You'd see a movie you really like on TV and you're like, it's already on, let's switch to it.

I think I've watched Independence Day around 20 times. For modern films, I think Dark Knight Rises might have been my most watched right around the 8-9 mark.

Thousands dead sounds a hell of a lot more accurate than what Civil War is estimating for the MCU major disasters.
Yeah, it kind of bothers me that Civil War is expecting us to believe that only a few hundred people were killed during Sokovia or New York. Especially the fact only a few fans seem actually bothered by it. Imagine if this film tried saying only three hundred or so were killed during the fight with Zod, no fan or detractor would let it slide.

hrmmm, I guess what he's saying is Warner can't control if people want to put up their reviews. I'd love to see them lift the embargo, one of the reviewers in the spoiler thread (a real reviewer) said she thought the embargo was a mistake, but didn't really elaborate on why. Could be that she feels the film will review well. Good word of mouth will only help the film's opening weekend, but at the risk of more spoilers being let loose. Not like the embargo will stop the spoilers anyways.

guek

Banned
Yeah, it kind of bothers me that Civil War is expecting us to believe that only a few hundred people were killed during Sokovia or New York. Especially the fact only a few fans seem actually bothered by it. Imagine if this film tried saying only three hundred or so were killed during the fight with Zod, no fan or detractor would let it slide.
It's actually been brought up quite a bit, at least on gaf. I dunno if I'd believe thousands died in New York though. Metropolis, absolutely.

Penguin

I'm fascinated by this film's press

Peter from Slashfilms

I think BvS is the first movie junket that I've asked to participate in that I've flat out been told is full.

I've requested and been denied for interviews before, everyone has, but they told me there isn't even a seat for me at the press conference.

And thats not to say that this indicates anything. 10CL didn't screen for most press until week of release, no guests (cuz BR), and was good

Just very strange that sites like /Film, BDM, IO9, Nerdist...etc couldn't even get a seat at a press conference for a comic book movie.

https://twitter.com/slashfilm

It's actually been brought up quite a bit, at least on gaf. I dunno if I'd believe thousands died in New York though. Metropolis, absolutely.
New York maybe but are we really expected to believe an entire city that literally floated up into the air with only about eight people to protect it with dozens upon dozens of death bots going around only caused a few hundred deaths?

guek

Banned
New York maybe but are we really expected to believe an entire city that literally floated up into the air with only about eight people to protect it with dozens upon dozens of death bots going around only caused a few hundred deaths?
Personally, I hope they change those numbers. It'd be really easy to do, and would avoid conflicting with the death toll reported in Daredevil.

On topic, wouldn't we be hearing from more tan just Faraci if the embargo was going to be lifted early?

Rooster12

ILjCMVd.jpg

An infographic

iZombie cast picks #WhoWillWin

https://twitter.com/CWiZombie/status/710135146603630593

Came across a fairly obscure fight between the two, in World's Finest #192.

Basically a depowered Superman pummels Batman.

So Superman somehow landed in a communist country illegally, and he's trying to escape. The kryptonite radiowaves in the air is preventing him from flying or using his powers, and the evil dictator sends out his army of "Batmen" to capture and trick Superman. Supes knocks out one of them, puts on the Batman costume. However, the real Batman shows up to rescue Superman, but of course Supes doesn't know this. And Batman also doesn't know that Supes is in one of the "Batman" costumes. They fight and Superman delivers the knockout blow.

I'm fascinated by this film's press

Peter from Slashfilms

https://twitter.com/slashfilm

No idea what to make of this, if anything at all. I don't know how these junkets work, BvS has a lot of press around it so it doesn't seem odd to me that the junket would be packed.

I'm guessing WB hand picks who they invite? It doesn't surprise me that blog sites are second string picks.

I could also see that WB is wary of inviting smaller sites because they have the most to gain by posting inflammatory reviews.

witness

Threads have been ugly today online, noticing a lot of negativity. Need some news; presale numbers, adjusted tracking, reviews....just something! Anything to end the same MoS arguments that haven't ended after 3 years.

Part of me really wants to click on the spoiler thread to see what they're talking about...

Threads have been ugly today online, noticing a lot of negativity. Need some news; presale numbers, adjusted tracking, reviews....just something! Anything to end the same MoS arguments that haven't ended after 3 years.

Eh. Some people will be negative for the sake of it and be fanboys for some weird sense of loyalty. Its weird how it will probably be no worse received than the average cbm yet probably intensified because Batman is in it.

The spoiler thread... i dont think we are sure if something is real. If it is then get hyped.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

I have a feeling this movie is going to have the same reception as MoS judging by Penguin's post. If that happens I think there will be a serious rejig for DCU and some dramatic changes.

Part of me really wants to click on the spoiler thread to see what they're talking about...

Threads have been ugly because everyone's upset at one or two people's reactions, leading to a bunch of people getting upset. Swear to God, this is making a lot of people look really fragile.

EDIT: Not anyone here, just in other places I've seen.

I'll be honest. I don't know much about the character aside from his appearances in the cartoons. I thought he was funny in Justice League, I LOVED him in Young Justice and Injustice Gods Among Us, but from the glimpses of the character that I've seen I feel like he works better in a role where he's not the main character. I'd rather seem him in a team dynamic movie (maybe Suicide Squad 2) or even as a throw away villain. Now someone who knows the character well/knows his comic series, please tell me why I'm wrong. And, is there any Lobo centric storyline that needs to be adapted to the big screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom