• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make sense though. I can see why the final scene would be interesting because it's a nice way to bring things together. But the final shot? Like, the last shot we see? I don't understand why that'd be "interesting". When is that ever "interesting"? The movie doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

We don't see Batman open his eyes and suddenly go, "Oh my god. It was all a dream. There was no alien who murdered thousands of people." Then turn to his side and realize that his parents are still alive, and they're watching a nice opera.

Was there anything interesting in how that shot looked?

That doesn't make sense though. I can see why the final scene would be interesting because it's a nice way to bring things together. But the final shot? Like, the last shot we see? I don't understand why that'd be "interesting". When is that ever "interesting"? The movie doesn't end on a cliffhanger.

We don't see Batman open his eyes and suddenly go, "Oh my god. It was all a dream. There was no alien who murdered thousands of people." Then turn to his side and realize that his parents are still alive, and they're watching a nice opera.

No idea, man. You'd know better than me. Maybe he meant the final scene, but said shot?

I'm confused. They talk about the press conference, but Mayimbe goes on to say he's seeing the movie Monday and Tuesday night next week. Are they just bitching about the press conference or what?

I'm loving watching this drama unfold, elmayimbe is retweeting everything from his pals, crying and trying to come up with explanations and posting traffic data.

I'll admit I'm completely ignorant to traffic hits for these sites, but the highest view total for a recent article on Heroic Hollywood is 3500 views. Most of the stuff is 500, 1500, 2500. It doesn't seem like WB is missing out on much to be honest.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I'm confused. They talk about the press conference, but Mayimbe goes on to say he's seeing the movie Monday and Tuesday night next week. Are they just bitching about the press conference or what?

I'll admit I'm completely ignorant to traffic hits for these sites, but the highest view total for a recent article on Heroic Hollywood is 3500 views. Most of the stuff is 500, 1500, 2500. It doesn't seem like WB is missing out on much to be honest.

They wanted to see it this week instead of next week, but couldn't. That's it, they are throwing a tantrum over that.

Ahasverus

I'm loving watching this drama unfold, elmayimbe is retweeting everything from his pals, crying and trying to come up with explanations and posting traffic data.
Mayimbe wasn't invited? He's been the biggest DC shill on the internet.. after myself

duckroll

It's not hard to understand. People like to feel wanted. When your career is basically writing and obsessing over geek movies every day, and your readers all expect you to be at the top of things, it can feel upsetting when the studio gives you the cold shoulder and doesn't consider you a VIP. I can understand it. But I also think they should just #dealwithit. Lol.

Verendus

Banned
No idea, man. You'd know better than me. Maybe he meant the final scene, but said shot?
I didn't mean you friend. I was just referring to that guy's opinion.

It's like saying the last shot of Interstellar is interesting. Or the last shot of The Dark Knight is interesting. It's just kind of a bizarre thing to say. It's pretty obvious what people are going to speculate about the most about in this movie coming out from it, and it's
the future visions or alternate reality visions or whatever the hell they are for Buttman and Supersauce that happen throughout the movie. It's all weird but this is the sticking point since the biggest fan hype kind of moment, outside of Batman stealing the whole damn show, in the movie happens here. This is what most people are going to be interested in from a future standpoint.

Edit:

All I know is I've lost all hope for The Rock in Justice League. The guy films a dozen movies in a year, but they couldn't work this in somehow. When do we see this guy? I don't have anything against Aquaman, but I'm not keen on his story just yet. I don't even want the DC equivalent of loving to sit in chairs yet. Just put Black Adam there. It's the perfect time. There is no Justice League. You don't bring in a world destroyer to get your heroes together. You want someone a little more humane. Someone we can relate to. The People's Champ. And an ancient Egyptian who is superficially like Apocalypse is the perfect fit.

Nobody wants Darkside. Go home and be a family man. And no one knows Aquaman. I don't know him. Who's he? You want to introduce Atlantis in Justice League? Wouldn't it be smarter to save that for Aquaman where you can put in the level of effort required to make it really impressive? Unless it's all about a surface threat, but forget that.

This is all the fault of that one poster. Polarbur or something. It's you, man. You destroyed dreams friend. I came out dreaming, and you killed that dream dead before it could even take flight.

I'll patiently wait for Justice League 3 where we finally get The Rock vs. Batman & Superman. They can even put that as the subtitle.

That Lobo thread is great - folks are angry and whining about the mere idea of the existence of a potential movie that's years away.

#TheDCComicsEffect

I mean look. From what little exposure I have had to Lobo, I can say that I find the character fun. I don't know much else about him and don't know of any major comic book stories of his that need to be told on the big screen. But yes, his solo movie can absolutely be a major hit on par with DP. People that are crying saying it's just a knee jerk reaction to Deadpool... we'll I don't necessarily disagree with that. But it isn't really a bad thing. Some would say Suicide Squad was a knee jerk reaction to Guardians of the Galaxy, and now the buzz around SS is all but positive with many fans looking forward to Suicide Squad more than BvS . All that being said, I do think making a good Lobo solo film is a bit of an uphill battle. It could be great but in my opinion I think there are other characters more deserving of their own movie... *cough*Ropeguy*cough*

The whole thing is fascinating to watch unfold.

Like all of the big bloggers seem to caught off-guard by it

That they are trying to find an angle/story that makes sense.

It's been like 2-3 hours

And just dipping in and out of it.

But so curious.

To me it just comes off as petty. Don't cry about not getting invited to a press screening, you come off as bad and WB comes off as looking justified in not inviting your entitled ass.

They are letting hundreds(?) of folks see the movie early anyways. So word of mouth is going to get around

Faraci and /Film and everyone else can go stand in line, and if that impacts their reviews negatively then they weren't worth respecting anyhow

Penguin

They are letting hundreds(?) of folks see the movie early anyways. So word of mouth is going to get around

Faraci and /Film and everyone else can go stand in line, and if that impacts their reviews negatively then they weren't worth respecting anyhow

The thing is... it seems like they will have still see it early
Just not today/this week, but next Tues

Also imagine probably sad/mad some of the reviews will be out before then since the embargo is up at 3pm and review screening isn't until 7pm

Verendus

Banned
I have to say though, the discussion about all these bloggers is fascinating to me. It's like gaming side with the internet personalities like Angry Joe. I've never really understood it all. If you don't like something, the best thing is to ignore it.

Gleethor

I have to say though, the discussion about all these bloggers is fascinating to me. It's like gaming side with the internet personalities like Angry Joe. I've never really understood it all. If you don't like something, the best thing is to ignore it.

Funny you should mention Joe, he's another internet personality who's been pretty down on this movie since its announcement.

Wise advice. I've never understood it all, either.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

I'd love to see early word of mouth be extremely positive and then have these angry critics who didn't get an invite come out with guns blazing with their negative impressions. Be quite entertaining.

rokero

I read the novelisation of Knightfall and loved it as a kid. I own it somewhere by I ain't read it as an adult.

this book was my first introduction to comic book Batman, the real deal up until that point the cartoon and the movie version was all I knew starting from the beginning you knew this was a whole other beast with Batman observing the thugs analyzing them going through the motions, that guy is bench pressing 300 pounds he probably can handle himself , another thug holding a piece I'll take him out with a kick to the solar plexus ect ect
the book goes into detail about the training running x amount of miles, the meditation techniques to get a full night rest in only an hour, this Batman is a machine, Bane is also amazing in the story too bad they changed his story for the movie this one is much better imo I became a huge Azrael/Jean Paul Valley fan because of this book, I cant recommend this book enough I'm so hyped to finally see comic book Batman in the big screen in BvS

gW92Ysf.jpg

Especially since you've got ignore/block buttons for that shit.

Verendus

Banned
^ Murderer!

Funny you should mention Joe, he's another internet personality who's been pretty down on this movie since its announcement.
Oh lol.

Isn't he like a joke personality though? Like he's angry or something? That's some coincidence though. The point I was making was that the environment you put yourself in will rub off on you whether you realize it or not. I get that there seems to be a lot of negativity surrounding these movies, but you have to learn to have fun with this stuff.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Yep, bloggers are very similar to youtubers. Same thing, actually. What baffles me is that they have a pretty hardcore following. Look at el mayimbe and faraci followers when they post something, it's really weird the whole thing.

he has done a 180 regarding the movie and is pretty hyped now, oddly enough.

Effect

I think Angry Joe was down initially because he really wanted a Man of Steel 2 since he's a big Superman fan and loved MoS. He likes Batman too but Superman is #1 for him.

Penguin

Oh I don't mind em for the odd scoop here or there

I just find tonight's... ordeal fascinating. Think keep using that word.

But it's like being the cool kid in HS, but going to a college partty and realizing no one cars.

Like I'm curious to see how this all shakes out.

Verendus

Banned
Oh I don't mind em for the odd scoop here or there

I just find tonight's... ordeal fascinating. Think keep using that word.

But it's like being the cool kid in HS, but going to a college partty and realizing no one cars.

Like I'm curious to see how this all shakes out.
They should probably get a better career if it affects them that much. You can't expect folks to care when you're a blogger. I mean, you're a blogger. No offence intended, or maybe a little, but that's just how it is. No one's going to care.

I think Angry Joe was down initially because he really wanted a Man of Steel 2 since he's a big Superman fan and loved MoS. He likes Batman too but Superman is #1 for him.

Angry Joe's gripes are legit. He's a big fan of Supes, I mean he literally wears his symbol. And he also has a point. It must be annoying for Superman fans to see their favorite character have to share a movie with Batman instead of get his own sequel. It should also be noted that he loved MoS. If anyone hasn't seen the Nostalgia Critic's review of Man of Steel, where Joe guest stars, I highly recommend it. It's hilarious but if you do watch it, I should also give you a trigger warning as it deals with some of the old Snyder bashing complaints.

And I mean, you can't be mad at the guy for expressing his negativity when "Angry" is literally in his title.

Verendus

Banned
As happy as I am for the TDK trilogy, I'm kind of beginning to hope that Nolan comes back to it for one more movie. Just make it so that Blake died, since he's terrible, and have there be some new threat. I'm sure the comics have something that'll fit.

Christian Bale is probably in his 40s. You could easily do it in ten years time.

Bring Baleman, Oldman as Gordon, and Alfred/Lucius back for one last hurrah. We do this.

One more time.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
As happy as I am for the TDK trilogy, I'm kind of beginning to hope that Nolan comes back to it for one more movie. Just make it so that Blake died, since he's terrible, and have there be some new threat. I'm sure the comics have something that'll fit.

Christian Bale is probably in his 40s. You could easily do it in ten years time.

Bring Baleman, Oldman as Gordon, and Alfred/Lucius back for one last hurrah. We do this.

One more time.

Bale is a terrible Batman. Everything about Nolan's Batman in TDK and TDKR is terrible.

Simo

The junket looks pretty cool. Costumes and props on display. They've got the Batmobile sitting on a portion of the Batcave with the red monitor behind it and Alfred's costume on display.

I didn't mean you friend. I was just referring to that guy's opinion.

It's like saying the last shot of Interstellar is interesting. Or the last shot of The Dark Knight is interesting. It's just kind of a bizarre thing to say. It's pretty obvious what people are going to speculate about the most about in this movie coming out from it, and it's
the future visions or alternate reality visions or whatever the hell they are for Buttman and Supersauce that happen throughout the movie. It's all weird but this is the sticking point since the biggest fan hype kind of moment, outside of Batman stealing the whole damn show, in the movie happens here. This is what most people are going to be interested in from a future standpoint.

Edit:

All I know is I've lost all hope for The Rock in Justice League. The guy films a dozen movies in a year, but they couldn't work this in somehow. When do we see this guy? I don't have anything against Aquaman, but I'm not keen on his story just yet. I don't even want the DC equivalent of loving to sit in chairs yet. Just put Black Adam there. It's the perfect time. There is no Justice League. You don't bring in a world destroyer to get your heroes together. You want someone a little more humane. Someone we can relate to. The People's Champ. And an ancient Egyptian who is superficially like Apocalypse is the perfect fit.

Nobody wants Darkside. Go home and be a family man. And no one knows Aquaman. I don't know him. Who's he? You want to introduce Atlantis in Justice League? Wouldn't it be smarter to save that for Aquaman where you can put in the level of effort required to make it really impressive? Unless it's all about a surface threat, but forget that.

This is all the fault of that one poster. Polarbur or something. It's you, man. You destroyed dreams friend. I came out dreaming, and you killed that dream dead before it could even take flight.

I'll patiently wait for Justice League 3 where we finally get The Rock vs. Batman & Superman. They can even put that as the subtitle.

If he's not in BvS I'm not sure where he'll be besides his own movie. Like you said, his shooting schedule doesn't match up with JL and I don't think he's been in London for WW. He could show up in Aquaman or Flash (maybe he'll do some more future vision stuff that involves Black Adam) but he's never really been linked to the characters. Maybe if Man of Steel 2 were slotted in 2018 he could show up there.

I'd like to think WB will piggyback him somewhere, out of all the films on the slate, I'd say the Shazam IP has the least name recognition. All it would take is him showing up, doing something cool, saying Shazam and he's already made 400 million at the box office.

Verendus

Banned
If he's not in BvS I'm not sure where he'll be besides his own movie. Like you said, his shooting schedule doesn't match up with JL and I don't think he's been in London for WW. He could show up in Aquaman or Flash (maybe he'll do some more future vision stuff that involves Black Adam) but he's never really been linked to the characters. Maybe if Man of Steel 2 were slotted in 2018 he could show up there.

I'd like to think WB will piggyback him somewhere, out of all the films on the slate, I'd say the Shazam IP has the least name recognition. All it would take is him showing up, doing something cool, saying Shazam and he's already made 400 million at the box office.
Shazam is the kid though, right? He transforms into a superhero or something.

I wonder how they fit him in. We got BvS where you got cursing like shit, piss, and bitch, then we're going to get Shazam. A kid. Will he be one of those kids with a potty mouth? I can see the conversations now.

BadAss2961

I wonder how they fit him in. We got BvS where you got cursing like shit, piss, and bitch, then we're going to get Shazam. A kid. Will he be one of those kids with a potty mouth? I can see the conversations now.
Billy's a good kid. Where he fits into our grimdark little universe is that The Rock might be trying to murder that kid.

yeah I mean the Shazam intellectual property, which Black Adam falls under.

I don't think WB even knows what they want to do, given the lack of talk about it. I could see them making Black Adam the star because he fits the universe better and DC Villains starring in a movie might be a thing after suicide squad comes out.

I like Billy and his origin, it's fairly unique among super heroes. I just see a bunch of issues with WB trying to make it work, both tonally and having two separate actors. On top of that you have to find someone that can be as much of a box office draw as the Rock is.

Verendus

Banned
Billy's a good kid. Where he fits into our grimdark little universe is that The Rock might be trying to murder that kid.
That's good then. I can't say Beastman is a good role model quite frankly. The man clearly has issues.

I was all for bumping Shazam to get another Batman or Superman movie in, but I feel like that is indeed where The Rock could make his debut. For that, it must survive. There was someone here who mentioned making it a Shazam and Superman movie, and I liked the idea of that. I hope they go that route if it's not going to be The Rock vs. Justice League. It's the next best option.

Then you can do a Justice League where they take on a group of villains like Joker, Luthor, Black Adam, and whoever else might fit in. I'd be cool with that.

Edit:

yeah I mean the Shazam intellectual property, which Black Adam falls under.

I don't think WB even knows what they want to do, given the lack of talk about it. I could see them making Black Adam the star because he fits the universe better and DC Villains starring in a movie might be a thing after suicide squad comes out.
On a serious note, the idea of a villains movie that stars key villains in the primary roles while the antagonist is some kind of major superhero would actually be really interesting. It could either work really well, or mess with audiences due to the shift in perspective. Suicide Squad still has Will Smith, and they don't have someone like Batman or Superman in the antagonist role.

I definitely think it could work with this new Batman since he's basically a walking horror movie in the suit. Maybe that's what Suicide Squad 2 could be. The villains vs. Batman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom