• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Thanks for the words and the heads up about the spoiler thread. I'm holding strong.

What's it mean that BvS has a 9.8 on IMDb?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
IMDB fan rankings are the worst. TDKR in the top 100 movies of all time lol. The ratings are absolutely meaningless

jackdoe

TDK's blu ray had its imax sequences fill up the screen so I think so?
He's talking about the true IMAX resolution, which is closer to something like 4:3 rather than 16:9. The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition had the true IMAX resolution scenes as a special feature on a separate disc, so there is hope that it's included as a special feature down the line.

duckroll

There's no way to get IMAX aspect ratio on home releases unless you sacrifice resolution and pillarbox it, which defeats the purpose of IMAX having higher resolution. At best you get what Transformers and TDK does, where it "opens up" from 2.35:1 to 16:9. It's still not even LieMAX aspect though, which is taller.

He's talking about the true IMAX resolution, which is closer to something like 4:3 rather than 16:9. The Dark Knight Trilogy Ultimate Collector's Edition had the true IMAX resolution scenes as a special feature on a separate disc, so there is hope that it's included as a special feature down the line.

You can get the full aspect if you pillarbox the footage, but the actual resolution then becomes even lower than 1080p, since it's essentially windowed. The real point of IMAX is to be huge and really clear and detailed. There's no way to get that at home at the moment.

jackdoe

You can get the full aspect if you pillarbox the footage, but the actual resolution then becomes even lower than 1080p, since it's essentially windowed. The real point of IMAX is to be huge and really clear and detailed. There's no way to get that at home at the moment.
Oh yeah, that is absolutely true. I misspoke. Instead of resolution, I should have said ratio. It has the same ratio as the true IMAX scenes.

mi4imaxbluray.jpg

IMAX on a TV. To get the true ratio, you'd end up with the middle, and there's probably no way anyone would do that, aside from as a separate option/special feature. Movie's tend to go with the last one.

Funny enough, the comparison is with Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol, which ended up not having any aspect ratio change on the Blu-ray, from what I've read. I know that some movies do, though.

strafer

i still dont know in what capacity he saw the movie, is he a movie critic? Screenwriter? director?

i'm still 50/50 on the whole thing

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
So the spoiler leak that's most likely true... Does it sound awesome? If this is a spoiler then don't respond unless spoiler tags are ok. I'm just trying to have strength to avoid the spoiler thread.

Ahasverus

So the spoiler leak that's most likely true... Does it sound awesome? If this is a spoiler then don't respond unless spoiler tags are ok. I'm just trying to have strength to avoid the spoiler thread.
Mega awesome. It takes all "flaws" from MoS and uses them for building character, and also demands the viewer attention to details. Terrio da Gawd, basically.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Mega awesome. It takes all "flaws" from MoS and uses them for building character, and also demands the viewer attention to details. Terrio da Gawd, basically.

My hype levels. They can't go higher. I.... Needed to see this movie yesterday.

Assuming they are true, I've been talking about how awesome Terrio is to my friends who have mocked me for it which would hilarious if even they think the writing of this film retroactively puts MoS "flaws" to good use in BvS.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

IconGrist

Well if we are going to get technical the premiere is tonight in Mexico. Not a fan screening, not a press screening, just a regular ol' theatrical release.

Ahasverus

I'm a senior executive at a corporation who happens to have a really good friend at Warner who is in a not too dissimilar position. These things happen. Don't be too surprised.
Told ya guys.

I like you Mr. V, specially after you take your sweet time to post on Gaf while probably having a few big responsibilities haha, you seem to be having fun, I want to be like you when I grow up.

Raptor

Well if we are going to get technical the premiere is tonight in Mexico. Not a fan screening, not a press screening, just a regular ol' theatrical release.

Not in my city it aint, here the premiere is wednesday midnight.

I will go and see till Saturday tho.

a916

I'm a senior executive at a corporation who happens to have a really good friend at Warner who is in a not too dissimilar position. These things happen. Don't be too surprised.

Edit:

I also represent BatistaGAF, the most dominant force on the internet.

Does that mean this was your reaction walking out of that screening?

latest

Are you Max Landis?!!!

rokero

been listening to the Batman v Superman ost the wonder woman theme is glorious love the electric guitar and the drums I dunno if this was zimmer or junkie I hope they both stay and do the rest of the league

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom