• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Wait... Faraci is hearing good things, actually reporting it, and is excited to see BvS?? This may be the most encouraging news yet.

Wait... Faraci is hearing good things, actually reporting it, and is excited to see BvS?? This may be the most encouraging news yet.

He says: "I have heard six reactions from the BvS press screening and they are all in total agreement. I'm pretty excited."

You really could read into that either way.

Ahasverus

sBzCmIA.png

th
Yoooo. Crows are going extinct next week.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Faraci is snarky as hell but I don't think he's ever wanted BvS to fail, rather just troll it's fans. When it came down to it, he enjoyed Man of Steel:
Whatever problems Man of Steel has - and it has enough to keep it from being a cohesively great movie - it has enough good to make it a must-see. Like I said up top, a couple of thousand words ago, this is the Superman movie we’ve been waiting to see. The fact that it leaves room for improvement only makes me more excited for the next one.

Boke1879

I'm so done reading about these bloggers, just want to watch this and be done with it.

They aren't going to do any of the DCEU movies r-rated.

you can't have joker doing r-rated things in one movie, and then pg-13 things in another. it fucks your tone.

Yea lol it seems like some of these bloggers are in a neverending circle jerk with themselves. Next week. Most people will see the movie and things will go forward from there. I just hope the general impressions are good.

IconGrist

Faraci is the same guy who said Batman v Superman was going to feel redundant after Age of Ultron. I wouldn't put too much stock into what he says good or bad.

Error

He likes Snyder films, I don't think he would be excited if he heard it was shit movie. No one is that cynical.

Cooter

He says: "I have heard six reactions from the BvS press screening and they are all in total agreement. I'm pretty excited."

You really could read into that either way.
I don't think so. What kind of moron is excited to see a movie they have been told is bad six times?

Cooter

How about a review title referencing crow being eaten. Like [ot] the black crows are coming.
Oh man. The GAF server isn't big enough for that thread. There were SO many people who "knew" this movie would be an outright disaster.

Thinking about Darkseid, I've arrived at the inescapable conclusion that I want Laurence Fishburne to play him like how Darkseid possessed Dan Turpin in Final Crisis

So have Darkseid be a concept/soul sorta enemy? That's be cool but so trippy on the big screen.

Edit: I wonder...it'd be kinda cool if for Justice League they had Darkseid go down like in the animated series Twilight two parter...then return in Justice League 3 for the final showdown...but it seems like we may be getting a semi Throne of Atlantis adaptation. Which is still cool/

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Thinking about Darkseid, I've arrived at the inescapable conclusion that I want Laurence Fishburne to play him like how Darkseid possessed Dan Turpin in Final Crisis

There were some rumors that Javier Bardem is going to be Darkseid right?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

That'd be....pretty awesome actually. The dream is still Michael Ironside to voice but I don't want the character to be full CG with no mocap or something....

Michael Ironside's voice would be awesome but yeah I dont want full CG as well,

btw this image is cool. Apparently from the CG artist working on BVS

sean-ray-darkseid-final17_1000.jpg

That seems really similar to some Darkseid fan art i saw years ago. Maybe the same person. I know for Brolin as Thanos he's mocapping but I just think full CGI can be so hard to get right and unless it's god-tier, it ages incredibly quickly and doesn't have a slightly retro-y charm so someone mo-capping would be good...Tony Todd has a good voice but it's...still something we've heard before? Bardem with some manipulation on the voice could be awesome, it'd make Darkseid sound quite distinct.

Ashhong

Started watching JL War and finally know why people were so excited by those winged dudes in the trailer. Darkseid seems pretty epic.

I liked how Superman and Batman stopped fighting each other. Just a simple, hello...Clark, and all the fighting stopped lol

Verendus

Banned

Something about that face is weird. It makes him look too classy. Like, "I don't want to fight but these barbarians are forcing me."

Are we sure this person isn't just misunderstood? Is he a villain, or are Batman and his cronies the real villains?

jackdoe

Started watching JL War and finally know why people were so excited by those winged dudes in the trailer. Darkseid seems pretty epic.

I liked how Superman and Batman stopped fighting each other. Just a simple, hello...Clark, and all the fighting stopped lol
I hope the Justice League movie stays far, far away from Justice League: War and the comic book source material it drew from. I hated that they (Geoff Johns) turned Darkseid into a brainless mook at the frontlines of his own war who would deign to waste his time with lesser mortals. Not to mention the horrible characterizations of everyone on the Justice League (which they are obviously not adapting).

Something about that face is weird. It makes him look too classy. Like, "I don't want to fight but these barbarians are forcing me."

Are we sure this person isn't just misunderstood? Is he a villain, or are Batman and his cronies the real villains?

lel verendus you drunk boy go home

Error

Today's the world premiere at Mexico right?

Mexicans don't give a fuck, they'll break embargo if there are NDAs. We should be hearing something concrete today about it.

I'm gonna guess that the monochrome giant with the glowing red eyes is the bad guy.

JTripper

All speculation and skepticism aside, I can't believe a Batman and Superman movie is coming out in less than a week. I remember owning the Batman animated series and the Batman/Superman animated movie with Lex and Joker on vhs as a little kid. Now it's basically coming to life before my eyes in just days.

Simo

No luck on the souvenir magazine. I tried B&N, Target and Fun 4 All comic store. Nothing.

The B&N in Ann Arbor wasn't doing the BvS Day event and Fun 4 All didn't know what I was talking about when I asked them. So I guess I'll just get it online. lol

I thought we settled on the "Well, here I am" quote. But, if we're still suggesting stuff I'll throw in:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice |OT| The Depraved and The Bald

Verendus

Banned
Batman v Superman |OT| I didn't believe everything I read.

Batman v Superman |OT| You haven't given up on me yet?

Batman v Superman |OT| Well, here I am... stuck in the middle with you.

Batman v Superman |OT| How can they fight?

Batman v Superman |OT| Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder. Zack Snyder.

Batman v Superman |OT| feat. Wonder Woman.

Batman v Superman |OT| Now you have my permission to cry.

Batman v Superman |OT| 187. 187. 187. 187. 187. 187. 187. 187. 187. 187.

Batman v Superman |OT| The Rock isn't in this.

Batman v Superman |OT| Nobody knew what I was until the fans removed the mask.

Batman v Superman |OT| Grandpa vs. Grandpa.

Batman v Superman |OT| A romance about one billionaire's love for an alien robot.

Batman v Superman |OT| Superman's first victim returns for revenge.

Batman v Superman |OT| It's Batman.

Batman v Superman |OT| United We Stand, Divided We Fall.

Batman v Superman |OT| The Dark Knight Returns.

Batman v Superman |OT| Watch the extended edition with an additional 145 mins.

Batman v Superman |OT| I can do this all day.

Batman v Superman |OT| Making it Wayne.

Batman v Superman |OT| Kal-El pays for his crimes.

Batman v Superman |OT| It's simple. We kill the Superman.

Batman v Superman |OT| Why do we fall? So that we can learn to BLEEEEED!

Batman v Superman |OT| He can make the choice no one else can. The right choice.

Batman v Superman |OT| I'm NeoGAF's reckoning.

IconGrist

Batman v Superman |OT| You haven't given up on me yet?

Batman v Superman |OT| A romance about one billionaire's love for an alien robot.

Batman v Superman |OT| He can make the choice no one else can. The right choice.

Batman v Superman |OT| You haven't given up on me?

Batman v Superman |OT| I'm NeoGAF's reckoning.

Only ones that stuck out to me based on today's events. <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom