• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cd33EuqUsAEnFZV.jpg

Gal in heels is taller than Cavill. Enough to look down and say "there's the door, spaceman."

Batman & Robin is dumb fun. Just watched it again few days ago on Blu-ray. All those puns are great.

The only Batman/Superman live-action movies I have left to rewatch are The Dark Knight trilogy, which I plan to rewatch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then Thursday, it's Batman v Superman time. I'd have watched them over this weekend, but...Daredevil season 2 happened.

Magwik

Banned
Batman & Robin is dumb fun. Just watched it again few days ago on Blu-ray. All those puns are great.

Only Batman/Superman live-action movies I have left to rewatch are The Dark Knight trilogy, which I plan to rewatch on Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. Then Thursday, it's Batman v Superman time. I'd have watched them over this weekend, but...Daredevil season 2 happened.
Told myself I was gonna watch TDK today, but I've been watching Daredevil instead. In S2E3 there's a very specific exchange that delves into the psychology and differences between the Punisher and Daredevil, but also works as a perspective on all heroes (and anti-heroes) as well as us the viewers/readers. It's fantastic.

Told myself I was gonna watch TDK today, but I've been watching Daredevil instead. In S2E3 there's a very specific exchange that delves into the psychology and differences between the Punisher and Daredevil, but also works as a perspective on all heroes (and anti-heroes) as well as us the viewers/readers. It's fantastic.

Episode 3 was a fucking masterpiece

Dead

well not really...yet
Bought the full soundtrack deluxe version

"This is my World" is amazing. Have a feeling the movie ending will kill me. It's way more emotional than any of the cues in MoS even though it's playing with those same themes.

I finally got the tickets for Batman v Superman!

I got four real IMAX 3D tickets for Thursday at 6 PM for my two brothers, step-sister, and myself, and I got two regular 2D tickets for 6:15 PM for my dad and step-mom.

Can't freakin' wait until Thursday!

They also gave me some free digital comics with my purchase:
Superman (2011-) #32
Superman/Batman #1
Batman: The Dark Knight Returns #1
Lex Luthor: Man of Steel #1 (of 5)
Batman (2011-) #1

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I went cold turkey a few days ago. No new pictures, videos, or leaks. I actually feel out of the loop and it's refreshing.

However.... I'm so hungry for BvS news right now that seeing the spoiler thread constantly on the front page is agonizing.

I went cold turkey a few days ago. No new pictures, videos, or leaks. I actually feel out of the loop and it's refreshing.

However.... I'm so hungry for BvS news right now that seeing the spoiler thread constantly on the front page is agonizing.

I looked, there's nothing substantial there. You're not missing anything.

I was just lamenting that with friends

Like if I wanna watch good to great Batman movies, tons of options
If wanna watch a terrible one, Batman and Robin

But when the hell do you wanna watch Batman Forever?

It's not bad nor good.. it's just there.

It's tolerable. I'll never put on a Joel Schumacher batman movie willingly but if forever is on cable then I'll tune in on a random scene

Val Kilmer was a legit good bruce wayne and the music was good. And dear God did nicole kidman look amazing.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I am so disappointed the flight theme is not there in the soundtrack. Very very disappointed. The greatest scene in Man of Steel is this one -

https://youtu.be/VlINHSnUx9k?t=109

and the music is so effing great here. Why could they not include it :(

Lex/OS site updated. New puzzles unlocked. You can now get to Level 3/50% completion. No files are available in the Files tab, though. Starting to look like we'll have to wait for all of them, and it's starting to look like we won't have every puzzle available until after the movie releases.

Ashhong

Just finished watching Flashpoint. Holy shit that was brutal. I see a lot of cues that The Flash tv show took from it.

I really hope they make this into a movie. Maybe JL2 or something. I mean, Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman? Would be perfect.

Just finished watching Flashpoint. Holy shit that was brutal. I see a lot of cues that The Flash tv show took from it.

I really hope they make this into a movie. Maybe JL2 or something. I mean, Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Batman? Would be perfect.

Flashpoint (movie) did a great job of balancing all of the different storylines from the comics. But I urge, URGE you yo find the Knight of Vengence TPB or individual floppy issues. It's just..... holy shit I wish we got an ongoing from it.

Ashhong

This is some really misleading shit. I mean, only a small fraction of IMAX will show what they are advertising. Pretty shady imo

Flashpoint (movie) did a great job of balancing all of the different storylines from the comics. But I urge, URGE you yo find the Knight of Vengence TPB or individual floppy issues. It's just..... holy shit I wish we got an ongoing from it.

I'm not a big comic reader but I'll check it out, thanks

Don't do it. Again I went in by accident (wtf is wrong with me) and think I spoiled myself big time. DO NOT DO IT. I hope I misread the comment.

This is some really misleading shit. I mean, only a small fraction of IMAX will show what they are advertising. Pretty shady imo

I'm not a big comic reader but I'll check it out, thanks

Yeah sadly I have the lower aspect ratio IMAX theater... Kind of a bummer.

If you liked Flashpoint Batman, it's well worth hunting down. Only three issues and it's just perfect. The TPB comes with the Grayson issues to but those are.... meh.

Ashhong

Don't do it. Again I went in by accident (wtf is wrong with me) and think I spoiled myself big time. DO NOT DO IT. I hope I misread the comment.

If it helps, nothing in there is confirmed. I think I know what you read and it's pure speculation, and many of us thjnk it's fake.

Yeah sadly I have the lower aspect ratio IMAX theater... Kind of a bummer.

If you liked Flashpoint Batman, it's well worth hunting down. Only three issues and it's just perfect. The TPB comes with the Grayson issues to but those are.... meh.

You have the smaller lower aspect one? Or do you have the real IMAX, but it's showing the lower aspect ratio video?

If it helps, nothing in there is confirmed. I think I know what you read and it's pure speculation, and many of us thjnk it's fake.

You have the smaller lower aspect one? Or do you have the real IMAX, but it's showing the lower aspect ratio video?

Idk for sure, all I could find from this handy little site is that my theater is digital, as well as it having a flat screen. (as opposed to domed). As far as I can figure, my theater will be 1.9:1

They should make it a flash sequel. Plus by then if they were to make a sequel to flash so much of the DC universe will have been established so the event would mean more.

Rooster12

This absolutely needs to be a movie.

Aquaman was scary as hell in the movie, Momao would have done that one justice.

And Jefferey Dean Morgan as Batman

So, just to warn people, ive posted what I genuinely think is the actual plot synopsis in the leaks thread.

Just wanted to say in case you only wanted light spoilers :)

jey_16

Banned
just watched MoS for the first time in a while, still enjoyed it but have have to say that some of the CGI has not aged well. I don't know if its the way the scenes have been framed but for $200m+ film, its just not good enough. Expecting a lot better for BvS

Smallville battle is still the standout but for me, the most memorable parts are actually are those with Clark & his parents and the score is still amazing!

Yeah Flashpoint is a lot of fun, I like recommending it to people who don't care for the usual DC comics fare. If you like Flashpoint, you should read Forever Evil. They might release that on animated film in the next few years as well.

I'd love to see a standalone project every few years for elseworld (Kingdom Come, Red Son, DC One Million) stories but it'd probably cause too much confusion by having actors play different heroes.

Penguin

Don't drink and watch Batman and Robin.

Oye!

Anyhow, if anyone is interested DC Super Hero Girls debut special starts in like 10 mins on Boomerang

Gonna check that out then more Daredevil!

Need to make this weekend go fast!

strafer

Don't drink and watch Batman and Robin.

Oye!

Anyhow, if anyone is interested DC Super Hero Girls debut special starts in like 10 mins on Boomerang

Gonna check that out then more Daredevil!

Need to make this weekend go fast!

I had some whiskey and watched The Dark Knight intro last night.

It was great. Heath is even more terrifying while drunk.

just watched MoS for the first time in a while, still enjoyed it but have have to say that some the CGI has not aged well. I don't know if its the way the scenes have been framed but for $200m+ film, its just not good enough. Expecting a lot better for BvS

Smallville battle is still the standout but for me, the most memorable parts are actually are those with Clark & his parents and the score is still amazing!

Y eah, i watched it the other day and,....the silvery-kryptony-projectiony bits looked really awful. The rest was ok but the film had SO MUCH GRAIN it wasn't as obvious. It was also a lot more colorful than I remembered, although maybe that's the settings on my TV...I seem to remember WETA being quite rushed when for something like LOTR they had years of pre-production. And yeah the score....for a new Superman theme Zimmer wrote something super good.

hmmmm..so the majority seems to think that review is real, guess I don't have to read it then.

the hype is getting real

Yeppers. If you don't want to this close, then do not go in the spoiler thread. Personally I think it sounds very good and I like the way things are set up for the future.

strafer

Yeppers. If you don't want to this close, then do not go in the spoiler thread. Personally I think it sounds very good and I like the way things are set up for the future.

I looked at those pictures but I'm not going to read the whole movie.

But from now on I'm not looking at anything more.

just watched MoS for the first time in a while, still enjoyed it but have have to say that some the CGI has not aged well. I don't know if its the way the scenes have been framed but for $200m+ film, its just not good enough. Expecting a lot better for BvS

And yet it's the most visually stunning Superman movie ever. Second with BvS though. :)

Rooster12

I'd love to see a standalone project every few years for elseworld (Kingdom Come, Red Son, DC One Million) stories but it'd probably cause too much confusion by having actors play different heroes.

What they need to do is The Judas Contract, and then Trial of the Terminator. And then Total Chaos.

IconGrist

So will any home video have that footage?

I'm not much of a videophile, I'm just wondering if the Blu Ray will only have the liemax resolution or if it will contain the true imax footage as well.

I'll be watching that shit on my PSVR by the time that hits so it'll all seem IMAX-y to me anyway. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom