• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

strafer

He knows you guys.

Let's run.

tumblr_o4bicez5Vc1rs2uhvo1_1280.jpg

Err...do you mean never forget an article that is so bias even Rich Johnston would be like "Woah, can't print this"?

Edit: Woops. Only just read the other oen where DC did grant Bazz his wish. That's awesome.

I wonder what the "controversial" means. Maybe this Batman is more ruthless and violent than his comic book counterpart. However, perharps he's true to another version of the character that I don't know.

Well....if he is more violent etc...then it'll be controversial but the problem with another version of these characters is that a lot of people only know one version. Like a Batman who doesn't kill, even though in say the Arkham games he probably leaves them as cripples for the rest of their lives, or the earliest Batman incarnations who used a gun and I think killed people outright?

Maybe for that reason (that there's so many interpretations but typically one classically/well known version) I've never been too feverishly bothered if they are different to the comic books, as long as they are not a total opposite in every way. Like in the comics Superman has killed, Batman has killed or arguably left them to worse fates so if in a movie Superman snaps Zod's neck in a binary choice to save someone's life I'm not too fussed because he's done that sorta thing before and they can move on for the next movie. SORT of the same with Batman in this. If he does kill, it'd be odd if it was gratuitous violence and eviscerating etc but maybe by the en d or when he inevitably teams up with Superman he'll become more recognizable.

Neither Batman or Superman SHOULD kill, but there are many different versions so I never saw the point in people getting bent out of shape about it. None of them stop existing.They are what you/the fans make out of them, and last as long as people value them.

As much as I'll probably end up liking the movie, I think having Batman kill wantonly would be incredibly stupid. It wouldn't be an adaptation at that point but some weird elseworld version of Batman that for whatever reason, doesn't kill his rogues but kills random thugs.

I accept Superman & Zod because his hand was forced just as I would Batman. But just killing thugs doesn't make him a hero anymore. You could run with the 1940's interpretation of Batman, but those were like the experimental stages of the character and not very many aspects of that incarnation remain past those early issues.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just use the Nolan logic: ''I'll put you in circumstances (like exploding cars right in front of you) and not kill you directly myself, but I won't have to save you''. I have no problem with Killer Batman.

Just use the Nolan logic: ''I'll put you in circumstances (like exploding cars right in front of you) and not kill you directly myself, but I won't have to save you''. I have no problem with Killer Batman.

That's fine, I don't actually mind that. I think it's dumb when he goes out of his way to save his villains when they put themselves in their own situation at the risk of his own life.

But just the lack of consistency between Batman using lethal force on random no names and then not finishing off the Joker... makes zero logical sense.

witness

Since this Batman already fights like Arkham Batman, my guess is that just like him he is going to cripple and break alot of bones. I could also see some torture/interrogation too. Batman being brutal should be OK, and they probably need him to be if he's standing next to immortals.

Firemind

That's fine, I don't actually mind that. I think it's dumb when he goes out of his way to save his villains when they put themselves in their own situation at the risk of his own life.

But just the lack of consistency between Batman using lethal force on random no names and then not finishing off the Joker... makes zero logical sense.
Joker probably did get a beating from him in this universe since he's now sporting a grill. My wish would be a face-off like in Miller's TDKR where Batman doesn't outright kill the Joker, but incapitates him so much that the Joker eventually sees no way out but to frame him into a martyr. I always hated how Nolan ended the Joker's character arc without a proper resolution and instead uses Dent to turn him into a martyr. Then TDKR comes along and it makes a big deal about Bane reading Gordon's letter and everyone including Blake becomes instantly outraged. Like, really? You're going to listen to a terrorist?

JTripper

It's an older, weathered Batman. Maybe he realized that his "code" wasn't working as planned when he was a younger Batman and now decides to be more brutal?

Idk I'm honestly grasping for reasons but it's all in the execution and what actually happens other than complaining about a possible moment taken out of context.

It's an older, weathered Batman. Maybe he realized that his "code" wasn't working as planned when he was a younger Batman and now decides to be more brutal?

Idk I'm honestly grasping for reasons but it's all in the execution and what actually happens other than complaining about a possible moment taken out of context.

Maybe, but I'm not sure we've heard anywhere that's been verified or accurate that Batfleck actually kills as opposed to just branding people.

So I think someone is using twitter bots again.

Mashable posted an article about 'Why Batman v Superman will be terrible'

The article has no comments, yet if you go on twitter and type Batman v Superman' and switch it to live, its being constantly re tweeted by, you guessed it, girls with three numbers after their name

This is getting so weird

Ahasverus

The article has no comments, yet if you go on twitter and type Batman v Superman' and switch it to live, its being constantly re tweeted by, you guessed it, girls with three numbers after their name

This is getting so weird
Futile at this point, nothing stops this train.

Effect

This is getting so weird

Saw this as well, not just female appearing accounts but ones with different names and the names of businesses as well. Whoever makes the accounts tries to make them appear like real people but if you look at them they retweet exactly the same thing at the same exact time as well. There needs to be an option to report an actual BOT to twitter. There is nothing there and they know full well they have them on the service.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
90 hours...90 hours....last week is the worst and the best at the same time.

I really don't know how anyone could side with Batman besides just loving the character. It's looking like he's the antagonist from the trailers, atleast the first part. Even Alfred thinks he's going over the line.

I get why he's going after Superman, but it's still more of a "ends justify the means" rather than punishing anything that Superman has actually done. He knows Zod was the bad kryptonian, he just doesn't believe that power should be going unchecked and I'm guessing he's looking for a permanent solution.

Boke1879

I really don't know how anyone could side with Batman besides bias. It's looking like he's the antagonist from the trailers, atleast the first part. Even Alfred thinks he's going over the line.

I get why he's going after Superman, but it's still more of a "ends justify the means" rather than punishing anything that Superman has actually done.

I'll admit I'm a huge Batman fan and based on what I've seen of the trailers I know why he is going after Superman and it makes sense, BUT hopefully the movie shows the contrast between the two. from trailers while Superman does fight Batman he states he doesn't want to kill him. Just stop what he's doing.

Batman on the other hand wants to kill him. Hopefully we see that obsession from Batman throughout the movie that may have people question if it's really worth it.

Boke1879

To me, the trailers make Superman feel like the villain.

The trailers do a good job of showing why Batman wants to fight him. Which I think makes sense. Not only for the movie but for general audiences as well. Everyone knows these two become friends so you have to have a believable setup as to why they fight.

That said I think we'll get both perspectives on why they want to fight each other in the movie.

The only scenes that gave me that impression were the Knightmare ones, and the spot/clip where he kicks that Batmobile and delivers at threat to Batman, though the threat was relatively tame.

Meanwhile Batman has been branding people and blowing cars up with his plane.

_1430449029.gif

The only scenes that gave me that impression were the Knightmare ones, and the spot/clip where he kicks that Batmobile and delivers at threat to Batman, though the threat was relatively tame.

Meanwhile Batman has been branding people and blowing cars up with his plane.

_1430449029.gif

...is there a guy in the back of a jeep shooting at the Batwing who disappears one frame before the jeep blows up or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Also previously I thought that would be the sequence that leads to the Arkham style fight in the most recent trailer.... but that shows the Batwing flying in calmly so...maybe there's some sliver of credence to the rumors that Lex/LexOS hacks the Batwing to kill some people to give Superman more of an urge to go fight him?

Boke1879

...is there a guy in the back of a jeep shooting at the Batwing who disappears one frame before the jeep blows up or are my eyes playing tricks on me? Also previously I thought that would be the sequence that leads to the Arkham style fight in the most recent trailer.... but that shows the Batwing flying in calmly so...maybe there's some sliver of credence to the rumors that Lex/LexOS hacks the Batwing to kill some people to give Superman more of an urge to go fight him?

We'll see but there is definitely a guy in that truck using a turret. So we'll just have to see.

I didn't read the synopsis on the spoiler thread, but I hope that's the case.

tim1138

There's a guy in the back of the jeep and a guy on the ground between the jeep and the truck. Looks like Bats is icing two dudes in that gif.

If they can get some of those Lex Luthor: Man of Steel vibes in this, make Superman seem scary and alien to the normal person, I think they would have done a good job at making us see Superman from Lex/Bruce's perspective

574NgqS.jpg

guek

Banned
Translated Twitter impressions (very light on spoilers)

Gaby Meza: if you liked MOS this one wont disappoint, if you didnt like it then you know what to expect

Victor Tiborio: not everyone is going to like it, but every great film is not an exception to this rule

Van Ugalde: the fight has some really good stuff, stuff that as a fan i truly appreciated

Reynolds Robledo: i just saw BvS and it was incredible!!!

DedeProgon: you were perfect and i was expecting nothing less. I wanna tell everyone about the movie!

Victor Tiborio: in my case this film fulfilled all my expectations, zack snyder's style is present in all its glory

Lord Sith Zorlak: the trailers are nothing compared to the actual film, you must see it. Ill close my mouth now

Edu(again): NO FUCKING WAY!!! This film left me very satisfied, it fulfilled a great part of my expectations

Van Ugalde Tweet 1: That of which ive been complaining about that theyre doing in the comics to my Batman has also happened to BVS and i hate it...

Tweet 2: i was expecting more from Ben Affleck, that was probably the biggest flaw, Lex was as insuferable as i expected...

Tweet 3: but all in all i left loving more than 2 characters in the film and look forward to their future film in the DC universe

Nitzia tweet 1: doomsday vs the trinity was incredible! It left me wanting to see more...WW was the best part of the battle.

Tweet 2: In the end the movie left me in tears, i had no idea what was happenin (the rest is spoilerish)

Arturo Lopez Rossell: the only flaw of this film was the inclusion of Doomsday in the trailer. When that part starts in the movie you already know whats gonna happen. its 2 movies in 1

IconGrist

Based on what I've been reading this movie is definitely going to split people. It's not so much the quality of the movie I'm hearing is the problem but rather certain character depictions/decisions. So if you're one of those "not mah Batman/Superman" folks you may take issue with certain things.

But one thing I have seen pretty much across the board is that the ending will hit you in the feels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom