• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're always on a frenzy, don't bother.

ksHa2b0.jpg

I'm never going to get sick of this.

guek

Banned
I'm rewatching MoS and I always forget about Petey calling Clark "dicksplash" right before the school bus collapses. Thanks, Goyer. Thank you for that brilliant piece of writing.

Verendus

Banned
I wonder what it'd be like to get some alternate universe movies out of all this. Say you have a crossover story set in the future with both Batman and Spider-Man. If it's futuristic, you'd have an excuse to give Batman that other suit of his where he can actually fly. Would something like this be too much? I honestly wonder what kind of crazy movie we could get out of an idea like that. Not just that, but if different properties were simply mixed. Have Wolverine in a movie with Blade where they're hunting vampires in Russia.

I'd like some weird alternate takes in the future or past though. Just something really different. Batman's Knightmare is almost perfect movie material, but it's not something you'd usually think of. I'd like if it we got a different movie like that. Maybe they'll take advantage of Wonder Woman's age to do that, but I doubt it. We're probably getting the one movie, then it's present day thereafter.

So are we a hour or two max from unfiltered reactions to BvS coming out?

I guess if that's the case, this is the very last bit of true mystery left before we get at least a vague idea of how the movie turned out.

Enjoy it folks.

IconGrist

So are we a hour or two max from unfiltered reactions to BvS coming out?

I guess if that's the case, this is the very last bit of true mystery left before we get at least a vague idea of how the movie turned out.

Enjoy it folks.

I'm tempted to go to bed just so I have a bunch of shit to wake up to instead of the drip feed if I stay up.

Ahasverus

I'd like some weird alternate takes in the future or past though. Just something really different. Batman's Knightmare is almost perfect movie material, but it's not something you'd usually think of. I'd like if it we got a different movie like that. Maybe they'll take advantage of Wonder Woman's age to do that, but I doubt it. We're probably getting the one movie, then it's present day thereafter.
Imagine Flashpoint done with the current cast. So good.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!

Verendus

Banned
Imagine Flashpoint done with the current cast. So good.
I'm guessing that's an alternate universe story. That could be a good idea for a Flash movie. Maybe show Flash and his future, the one where things hypothetically go to ruins for whatever. I just want some crazy stuff alongside the normal movies.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I just pray that if I stick to only this thread and box office threads I can avoid all the spoilers til Friday. I have my doubts.

I watched Man of Steel again, but this time with my dad, step-mom, and step-sister. My dad and step-mom were tired from a long day, so they fell asleep early on. My step-sister saw the whole thing though, and she LOVED it, and thanked me for putting it on. She's now excited to watch Batman v Superman with us on Thursday.

My dad and step-mom seemed to like what they saw of the movie before they fell asleep. Maybe I'll put it on again sometime this week for them to finish it.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
So tweets following the premiere are ranging from brilliant to incredible.

Sorry but would you be able to share any of them?

Edit never mind - seeing tweets coming in now. Nice to hear!

Reddit thread of someone who is watching the movie currently. Says he/she will post non spoiler review here

https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinematic/comments/4b5ocq/im_watching_it_tonight/

Just looked in that thread, he's what he said.

Just got out.
Answering comments:
1) you guys don't even know what's gonna hit you 2) as reported, Jesse and Ben steal the show (especially Jesse) 3) speaking of trailers, they give none of the plot away 4) snyder's view on batman will be controversial to say the least 5) off to get drunk guys, I'll be answering some comments and dms (including comments on the spoiler thread)

Snaku

Banned
Sorry but would you be able to share any of them?

I'm hesitant to because a few of them are spoilery. Search the relevant hashtags if you don't mind that sort of thing.

From reddit

patocallesKnightmare Batman 3 points 10 minutes ago
Just got out.
Answering comments:
1) you guys don't even know what's gonna hit you 2) as reported, Jesse and Ben steal the show (especially Jesse) 3) speaking of trailers, they give none of the plot away 4) snyder's view on batman will be controversial to say the least 5) off to get drunk guys, I'll be answering some comments and dms (including comments on the spoiler thread)

generic_username

Just looked in that thread, he's what he said.

Yeah just saw that. Oh man ... Batman is going to go over the edge isnt he? I am only worried about how the general public will react. This Batman seems straight up psychotic lol.

Saw quite a few tweets now. All stating it is incredible.

I wonder what the "controversial" means. Maybe this Batman is more ruthless and violent than his comic book counterpart. However, perharps he's true to another version of the character that I don't know.

Ashhong

I wonder what the "controversial" means. Maybe this Batman is more ruthless and violent than his comic book counterpart. However, perharps he's true to another version of the character that I don't know.

I can't think of any other meaning. It has to be that he just doesn't give a fuck anymore

Ashhong

Kinda figured that's where they were going ever since they said he'd be weathered and hardened. So long as he doesn't kill, I'm cool.

I don't mind either way.

Just finished JL War and enjoyed it quite a bit. Is there a sequel? I mean with the same team dynamic, art, everything. A straight up continuation of the team built up in this movie?

I don't mind either way.

Just finished JL War and enjoyed it quite a bit. Is there a sequel? I mean with the same team dynamic, art, everything. A straight up continuation of the team built up in this movie?

Check Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. The writer is the same and it's based on a story (which is pretty good) that came after the story on which JL: War was based.

Ashhong

Check Justice League: Throne of Atlantis. The writer is the same and it's based on a story (which is pretty good) that came after the story on which JL: War was based.

Yea just looked it up. Seems like War was the beginning of their Animated Universe? That's awesome because I'm enjoying the characters that they've established. Hope there's more to come. I am not a comic reader so I have no attachments to these characters. But I enjoy the costumes and relationships that I'm seeing

Bleepey

People on superhero hype are the worst at hinting at spoilers. Is it true that there is such and such in the style of so so and so. I am in the critical response thread. I don't wanna know any info other than quality of the film, keep story and potential notable scene discussion the fuck out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom