• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Was that Wally Pfister I just saw? Dude's career seems dead after Trancendence (or whatever it was). Nolan moved on.

Ahasverus

Ah damn. I thought it'd be spoiler-free. I'm dying for some real impressions and reviews!
Want some highlights?

- "I thought the movie was great, but it's not without flaws"
- "I think it was a good idea giving us an older, and more experienced Batman".
- "This Batman is angry, vehemently against Superman, and while he's not painted as the villain, he is bitter enough that some people might just not like that aspect. He's not a bad person, just a good person who's been pushed a little too far. So not exactly your traditional hero".
- "He's a Superman who's trying to do his best in the face of this conflict he's presented with"
- " Tying this into Batman's arc was smart, because it allows us and the character to see the two sides of Superman, and the contrast works well by the end of the movie."
- "Lex is great. I thought this was the second best performance in the movie, but I'm sure some people will simply not like him because of the actor. He's unhinged which makes each of his scenes interesting because of that larger than life personality."
- "The remaining supporting cast are effective in their roles"
- "Structurally, the movie is slightly off. The pacing is mostly pretty good, but there are a few missteps along the way. While the world building and the feeling of there being a much greater world out there is intriguing, and honestly interesting, it also creates a weird tonal shift. "
-"The writing is clearly better than Man of Steel, and while a little clumsy in one or two places, the landing is solid. I feel the movie nails the ending, and both Batman and Superman's arcs work really well together. "

Ah damn. I thought it'd be spoiler-free. I'm dying for some real impressions and reviews!

He said Lex was the second best actor, Henry is slightly better than MoS, Batman steals the show (but he still prefers Bale), Gal is good but her time in the movie is short. Action is great, some of the best he's seen in a comic book movie. Doomsday fight is his favorite part of the movie. "Writing is clearly better than man of steel".

Feels that the movie has some structural issues that he hopes will be ironed out in the director's cut. Also says he had issues hearing some lines.

His review is much longer and there's one more minor complaint, but that's the jist of it. "So I thought the movie was great, but it's not without flaws."

rokero

Want some highlights?

- "This Batman is angry, vehemently against Superman, and while he's not painted as the villain, he is bitter enough that some people might just not like that aspect. He's not a bad person, just a good person who's been pushed a little too far. So not exactly your traditional hero".
- "He's a Superman who's trying to do his best in the face of this conflict he's presented with"
- " Tying this into Batman's arc was smart, because it allows us and the character to see the two sides of Superman, and the contrast works well by the end of the movie."
- "Lex is great. I thought this was the second best performance in the movie, but I'm sure some people will simply not like him because of the actor. He's unhinged which makes each of his scenes interesting because of that larger than life personality."
- "Structurally, the movie is slightly off. The pacing is mostly pretty good, but there are a few missteps along the way. While the world building and the feeling of there being a much greater world out there is intriguing, and honestly interesting, it also creates a weird tonal shift. "
-"The writing is clearly better than Man of Steel, and while a little clumsy in one or two places, the landing is solid. I feel the movie nails the ending, and both Batman and Superman's arcs work really well together. "

this sounds beautiful Lex was my biggest fear

Ahasverus

Miller looking.. better nowadays?

CeBUf7QWAAAYutx.jpg

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Zack must be really nice to work with, haven't heard a bad word about the guy (obviously they won't bad-mouth him now). But they all seem to agree he is very fun to work with.

Want some highlights?

greatly appreciate this is there anything else you could add to this also is there any mention of how the flash and aquaman cameos were handled and did he rate the film

Ahasverus

greatly appreciate this is there anything else you could add to this also is there any mention of how the flash and aquaman cameos were handled and did he rate the film
He said he didn't get very excited for the cameos because they're kinda short and just a wink for a fans in some sense, and I think he said it's the best CBM since the Nolan Trilogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom