• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it would be great if we could get a livestream but I feel like that would turn comic con into an even more not-really-comics-con which a lot of people grumble about already.

The only way I'll be really disappointed in SDCC is if we don't get a public BvS trailer, a public Squad teaser, and I'll be extremely disappointed if Shazam doesn't get a comic ongoing this October. At a bare minimum I think we'll get a BvS trailer, a private suicide squad test footage, flash in costume, and a GL casting. I was hyping it up in the past but I think I'll tone it down since the panel says WB movies and not just DC movies :/.

shazam's convergence issue was so good, like how da fuck has DC not started a comic series yet? they've announced so many new titles and that's not one of them?!

and yeah i wish they did a fury road and released the suicide squad and batman v superman footage online. it can be heavily edited too if they don't want to give as much away as they did at the con. as long as i get to hear the joker. i need to.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
seems like Justice League Dark is part of the DCCU(?) :O

and Sandman is still a thing

shazam's convergence issue was so good, like how da fuck has DC not started a comic series yet? they've announced so many new titles and that's not one of them?!

and yeah i wish they did a fury road and released the suicide squad and batman v superman footage online. it can be heavily edited too if they don't want to give as much away as they did at the con. as long as i get to hear the joker. i need to.

Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. Shazam is super popular but DC trying to ignore him. weird. I mean generic comic like Midnighter or Bat-Mite over Shazam? really now? (but to be fair.. most of the new DC line of comic is actually good)

Yeah I'm not sure what is going on. Shazam is super popular but DC trying to ignore him. weird. I mean generic comic like Midnighter or Bat-Mite over Shazam? really now? (but to be fair.. most of the new DC line of comic is actually good)

I wouldn't call Midnighter "generic." That's some good shit.

tim1138

Midnighter is as far away from generic as possible

I wouldn't call Midnighter "generic." That's some good shit.

Midnighter is as far away from generic as possible

Thank God you two popped in before I had to lay a smackdown.

Also, it begins...

funko-bvs.jpg

Batarang picture from last year is legitimate after all?

The New Line news along with recent rumors have me foolishly expecting an updated slate at SDCC.

Batarang picture from last year is legitimate after all?

The New Line news along with recent rumors have me foolishly expecting an updated slate at SDCC.

That was the first thing I noticed too.

I kind of wonder if we might actually get just that. JLD, Sandman, and a few others need to be folded in somehow. A revised movie slate doesn't seem to farfetched now.
But an October release for BvS is still insane.

I think Johns is just sitting on Shazam for now, he had a secret project in the work with Gary Frank. It could be another Earth One story for another character though. That's the only reason I can think of why they haven't launched it yet. I think it would be an easy 30,000 + series, probably more than that with Johns on it.

I think we'll get a new slate with vertigo, MoS2, Batman, maybe Shazam bumped into 2018. I don't expect anything to be pushed back except maybe WW with a few months but I think the director switch was soon enough that they are still on track.

Pachimari

Now that Guillermo del Toro has left Justice League: Dark, is the project now in danger of not going forward? Maybe the whole vision for it will change with a new director and nos that it have been moved to New Line?

Imperial

Now that Guillermo del Toro has left Justice League: Dark, is the project now in danger of not going forward? Maybe the whole vision for it will change with a new director and nos that it have been moved to New Line?

The article says that that JL Dark is still under Warner Bros, so presumably it'll be connected to the DCU. It's a shame Del Toro won't be able to direct it, he excels at the supernatural, but maybe they'll keep his script.

“Justice League Dark, which is also known as Dark Universe, will remain under the Warners banner

Simo

Just a heads up but Entertainment Weekly announced their Comic Con double issue hits this Friday with their supplement "Inside Comic Con" issue out next week.

So cover reveal should be either today or tomorrow. Regardless if Deadpool is the cover story, their Comic Con issues usually means new exclusive stills and information for the stuff being presented.

Just a heads up but Entertainment Weekly announced their Comic Con double issue hits this Friday with their supplement "Inside Comic Con" issue out next week.

So cover reveal should be either today or tomorrow. Regardless if Deadpool is the cover story, their Comic Con issues usually means new exclusive stills and information for the stuff being presented.

I thought the covers were revealed to be DCTV?

some of the Mattel figures (at least Wonder Woman is included even if looks like Superheroine Barbie)

CI1ulUqWcAAXt9x.jpg

CI1vLcsWcAAqtYc.jpg

Huh, it looks like we'll see some Batman and Superman Barbie dolls too:

Standing 12 inches tall and featuring a sword, shield, tiara, bulletproof bracelets and her signature lasso of truth, Wonder Woman is part of the Barbie movie collection along with Superman and Batman.

Penguin

So I'm guessing anything Suicide Squad and up will be very brief.

With “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” and “Pan” headlining the bill, Warner Bros. will also present some unexpected offerings that are sure to delight the crowd.

Assume this will be the part for other DC films

Also synopsis again

Fearing the actions of a god-like Super Hero left unchecked, Gotham City’s own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis’s most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs. And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it’s ever known before. Directed by Zack Snyder, the film stars Ben Affleck, Henry Cavill, Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Diane Lane, Laurence Fishburne, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter and Gal Gadot. Snyder directed from a screenplay written by Chris Terrio and David S. Goyer, based on characters from DC Comics, including Batman, created by Bob Kane, and Superman, created by Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster. The film is produced by Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder, with Wesley Coller, Geoff Johns and David S. Goyer serving as executive producers. Warner Bros. Pictures presents, an Atlas Entertainment/Cruel and Unusual production, a Zack Snyder film, “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.” The film opens nationwide in 3D and 2D and in select IMAX theaters on March 25, 2016, and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

ReiGun

That Wonder Woman Barbie is going to make sooooo much money.

Guessing Man from UNCLE and Pan on first taking 20-35 minutes of the panel then the DC train gets rolling on.

Simo

Well called it on the WB panel. With U.N.C.L.E having a panel then it seems likely they'll show King Arthur too.

Batman and Superman themselves, Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill, will take the main stage along with co-stars Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter and Gal Gadot.

No Momoa?

Also apparently confirmed by Collider but the Entertainment Weekly cover revealed tonight/tomorrow is for BvS and not Deadpool.

Penguin

Well called it on the WB panel. With U.N.C.L.E having a panel then it seems likely they'll show King Arthur too.

No Momoa?

Also apparently confirmed by Collider but the Entertainment Weekly cover revealed tonight/tomorrow is for BvS and not Deadpool.

Now I'm never gonna leave the computer screen!

:(

Simo

Now I'm never gonna leave the computer screen!

:(

LOL EW usually reveal their covers by now so it may be revealed tomorrow and then 12-1am tomorrow the digital issue will be live, and I have a subscription too!

Is this also a weird, small look at what a part of the Batcave looks like or maybe just overreaching...? lol
5-46da2274e9.jpg

Loxley

It would be pretty great if the Bat-Cave had a giant Hot Wheels logo plastered on the walls.

Hey, Batman has his hobbies too.

LOL EW usually reveal their covers by now so it may be revealed tomorrow and then 12-1am tomorrow the digital issue will be live, and I have a subscription too!

Is this also a weird, small look at what a part of the Batcave looks like or maybe just overreaching...? lol
5-46da2274e9.jpg

You mean the platform part? It does seem overly stylized. It almost looks like the warehouse area from the reveal pic.

Imperial

At the very end they show the video message that Leto had filmed as the Joker for the cast, and then have him come out on stage in full costume

1063153.gif

At the very end they show the video message that Leto had filmed as the Joker for the cast, and then have him come out on stage in full costume

1063153.gif

Didn't he go dangerously method on this one? Like, "hire an on-set therapist to ensure he doesn't hurt himself or others" method?
Having him on stage might end... poorly.

IconGrist

I always thought there was a gold strip going down the side of the boot but upon further inspection both on this and the costume displayed on the mannequin there isn't. Instead, the line there is an open seam. That's her leg and even her foot you can see. Doesn't look very comfortable but what do I know about boot design.

I always thought there was a gold strip going down the side of the boot but upon further inspection both on this and the costume displayed on the mannequin there isn't. Instead, the line there is an open seam. That's her leg and even her foot you can see. Doesn't look very comfortable but what do I know about boot design.

It isn't really a boot, more like and old-fashioned sandel(with heel for aesthetics)with armor attached.

To be fair we will probably barely even see any full body shots of her. Just like Faora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom