• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know where else to post it, but the upcoming doc on miller's cancelled JL movie released some concept art

CGLwOmVUoAA8EyK.jpg

CGQmJEFVAAAhNFH.jpg

CGREoY_UIAItwRL.jpg

WW reminds me of Kingdom Come.

Was MMH in the movie? One design I'd like to see.

yeah he was gonna be played mo-cap by the guy who played immortan joe in fury road. would have had a great voice for it imo.

i like the seaweed stuff on aquaman's pants, pretty good design. it's obvious that with either this or batman v. superman they were definitely trying to shed the public image of him being a dweeb.

You know, I've warmed up to the (impossible) idea of JL:Mortal. It sounds weird on paper but Miller clearly still has it, ad some of the stuff to come out of it looks intriguing.

Creepy but I like it. One thing about Jon that I always loved is how stoic and alien he seems on the outside but then at times he was the most human and empathic of the league. Even if he's not one of the founding 7 I think he's too big a part of DC's universe to not see in a movie.

JUSTICE LEAGUE MORTAL UPDATE

Now, comic artist Steve Skroce, who worked on Miller's film, has taken to Facebook to share a storyboarded fight sequence between a rather "Kingdom Come"-looking take on Superman and Wonder Woman.

10406560-1586692741618047-3982679601689959047-n-f3e7c.jpg
10931161-1586692218284766-9152695516654227776-n-471ca.jpg
11220136-1586692758284712-3177245345769569903-n-97c6e.jpg
11392899-1586692368284751-7669232636915128462-n-2bdc4.jpg
1891010-1586692064951448-9045395636999245487-n-0a8b9.jpg
22209-1586692044951450-1345705889607042274-n-436c6.jpg

"It was incredibly fun drawing the DC comics characters which I hadn't had the opportunity to do until then," Skroce posted along with the artwork. "It's Wonder Woman versus Superman ( they have their reasons, mind control!)"

WW vs Superman sacrifice fight was so good. I hope they have a bit of a tussle when they first meet in BvS. She should know some wrestling moves.

ReiGun

WW vs Superman sacrifice fight was so good. I hope they have a bit of a tussle when they first meet in BvS. She should know some wrestling moves.

I hope she chokeslams him like Faora did.

In fact, women chokeslamming Superman should happen in every movie.

Mark Strong (Sinestro in 2011 GL) talks about reprising his role.

I thought he was excellent in GL. I don't think audiences would be confused at all by having him appear, he was in makeup/cgi pretty heavily. and we're talking nearly a decade since GL came out that he would show up.

I hope she chokeslams him like Faora did.

In fact, women chokeslamming Superman should happen in every movie.

Having her take on Superman and Bats would establish her as a badass instantly. I can only walk away from this movie disappointed if they fumble her first big screen appearance. I think DC & Snyder know how important this is.

Sambrez_

Strong was really good in Sinestro. We'll see how DC handles the Green Lanterns but it's doubtful that they will make this movie 'canonish'.
I must be the only ione that liked GL movie, thought it was OK, kind of the more 'Marvelish' of the DC Movies with the tone and cinematography.

Strong was really good in Sinestro. We'll see how DC handles the Green Lanterns but it's doubtful that they will make this movie 'canonish'.
I must be the only ione that liked GL movie, thought it was OK, kind of the more 'Marvelish' of the DC Movies with the tone and cinematography.

They really need to take some cues from John's run with the multiple corps. Plus I would love it if they actually made it feel like a military space opera. GL has excellent supporting characters in the corps. People always talk about which GL should be on the live screen but I think it would be awesome to see all four of them in some capacity in the movies. I mainly want to see all the corps introduced by the third movie, and Sinestro Corp War in the first movie.

Ahasverus

We have a great strategy for the DC films, which is to take these beloved characters and put them in the hands of master filmmakers and make sure they all coordinate with each other. You'll see the difference when you see Batman v. Superman, Suicide Squad, Justice League and all the things that we are working on...

... There is intensity and a seriousness of purpose to some of these characters. The filmmakers who are tackling these properties are making great movies about superheroes; they aren't making superhero movies. And when you are trying to make a good movie, you tackle interesting philosophies and character development. There's also humor, which is an important part.
Warner Bros Director

Also, James Wan officially has Aquaman on his hands

Partial synopsis:
The movie will focus on Aquaman as a reluctant ruler of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis who is caught between land dwellers that are always polluting the globe and his own people who are ready to invade the surface.
I like that angle, very fresh.

Synoposis sounds like John's run except he's already the ruler of Atlantis. Orm seems likely, he's always trying to start a war.

Look forward to Mera and Orm casting, I know Karl Urban was thrown around for Orm.

DaveH

World building is always exciting.

Might be cool if he gets to use Black Adam in cameo for the film since he's got a good working relationship with The Rock.

Only the end-product matters, but for the DCCU directors that we know are on-board we've got a nice spread of diversity so far, rather than just white middle-aged men. China's a big emerging market and they respond strongly to visual spectacle and diversity... Wan and Momoa on board may get them an unexpectedly strong response in China if the movie has the spectacle to match.

It has it's moments, Hal vs the Drones, Hal trying to speak the Oath, seeing Oa, but it does everything else wrong

Penguin

Seems like The Rock will star in Rampage for New Line which they are looking to put into production next year, which makes the chances of Shazam being earlier than 2018 really slim

Ahasverus

Seems like The Rock will star in Rampage for New Line which they are looking to put into production next year, which makes the chances of Shazam being earlier than 2018 really slim
Perhaps they're filming Shazam this year?

And please tell me that Rampage is not a game adaptation.

Really depends, Rock is a workaholic. I'd like to feel DC is feeling some pressure to get a comedic film out earlier and we've heard little on Flash. Doesn't rock do like 3-4 movies a year?

Anyways I'm pretty jaded and I don't think it will be earlier than 2018.

Nothing's been announced for script but I'm sure they have something in mind, they've been working on it for a long time. Wasn't the writer of Turbo and Jack the Giant Slayer working on it?

RIP Shazam

Really depends on who's directing it. Empire Strikes Back came out of George Lucas's scripts and the Dark Knight came from Goyer with treatment by Johnathan Nolan, the creative process isn't entirely dependent on the script.

RUMOR: Chris Terrio To Write And Ben Affleck To Direct THE BATMAN For 2018 Release

Already posted in OT but thought I would post in here. Rumors starting to pick up steam.

I'm expecting full writer/director reveals for up to 2018, maybe including Shazam, costumes, trailers for BvS and Squad. Don't let me down WB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom