• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

So is there time in the panel and a chance we will hear more about The Flash movie, and even getting a few announcements like The Batman and Man of Steel 2?

From Entertainment Weekly,
After all, this isn’t just a single movie, it’s a waystation to the upcoming Justice League double-fister, not to mention a whole slew of other attractions on the DC Extended Universe™ road map.

DCEU? Official term WB is going with or am I reading too deep into this.

DaveH

DCCU rolls of the tongue better and "EU" sounds like "Ew!" or summons the European Union or Star Wars canon-tiers. Saying "Extended" feels like its ancillary or a male enhancement product. The second vowel makes my mind want to keep "fixing" it into "duce" which has scatological connotations.

Despite all my nitpicks, it doesn't bother me that much. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually- like BvS:DoJ- but a bit weird branding right now. A few months from now I'll probably be swearing my allegiance to the EU.

means its in the multiverse.

Let's do dis.

Superman_Prime_001.jpg

From Entertainment Weekly,

DCEU? Official term WB is going with or am I reading too deep into this.

I'm more concerned about the use of "double-fister"

Seems like Lord and Miller may be off The Flash to focus on a spin-off Star Wars film

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/han-solo-star-wars-spinoff-807153

Gutted. But I figured they were never on the cards as being announced as only the writers. If they are still doing the script, i'm not worried. Thats where the gold is.

Penguin

Just as an FYI, here's the Warner/DC Comics Panel schedule for SDCC

10:30a.m. - 12:00p.m. Warner Bros. Presentation

Keen to deliver a taste of one of next year’s most eagerly awaited pairings, director Zack Snyder and stars Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill take the main stage with Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. They are joined by castmates Amy Adams, Jesse Eisenberg, Jeremy Irons, Holly Hunter and Gal Gadot for a sneak peek at the 2016 action adventure that brings the Super Heroes together on the big screen for the very first time, from Warner Bros. Pictures and RatPac-Dune Entertainment. From Pan, Hugh Jackman, Garrett Hedlund and Peter himself, Levi Miller, together with director Joe Wright, soar into town with their high-flying adventure, coming to theaters this fall from Warner Bros. Pictures and RatPac-Dune Entertainment. Henry Cavill takes the stage with Armie Hammer, a duo with a very different dynamic in this summer’s fresh, über-stylish actioner from filmmaker Guy Ritchie, The Man from U.N.C.L.E., along with fellow stars Alicia Vikander and Elizabeth Debicki. Room: Hall H

7:00p.m. - 9:00p.m. World Premiere of Justice League: Gods and Monsters

Animation legend Bruce Timm returns to the popular DC Universe Original Movies with his unique new vision of a Justice League you've never seen before. Justice League: Gods and Monsters features a Superman born of General Zod's blood, a Batman with a healthy dose of bat in the man, and a Wonder Woman rising from the ranks of the New Gods. This ain't your daddy's Justice League. They are as likely the world's saviors as Earth's despotic rulers. When a group of famed scientists experience untimely "accidents," a government task force follows the trail of clues to the Justice League into a high-stakes game of intrigue, mystery, and action that asks the question: How do you serve justice to those above the law? The all-star voice cast includes Michael C. Hall (Dexter) as Batman, Benjamin Bratt (Law & Order, 24) as Superman, Jason Isaacs (Harry Potter films, Dig) as Lex Luthor, Richard Chamberlain (Dr. Kildare, The Thorn Birds) as Highfather, and Tahmoh Penikett (Battlestar Galactica) as Steve Trevor. Witness the first public screening of this all-new film, then stay for an entertaining panel led by executive producer Bruce Timm (Batman: The Animated Series); Tamara Taylor (Bones), voice of Wonder Woman; C. Thomas Howell (E.T., Southland), voice of Dr. Will Magnus; Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds), voice of Lois Lane, director Sam Liu; co-producer/screenwriter Alan Burnett; dialogue director Andrea Romano; and members of the voice cast. As is tradition, there will be special announcements, moderator Victor Lucas (Electric Playground) will present exclusive prizes for a few lucky fans, and there just might be a few potential surprises. Justice League: Gods and Monsters will be available from Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital HD on July 14 and as a Blu-ray Combo Pack on July 28. Room: Ballroom 20

11:15a.m. - 12:45p.m. World Premiere of Lego DC Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom

Crime is on the run as the newly formed Justice League keeps Metropolis safe, and this makes evil genius Lex Luthor very unhappy. Together with Black Manta, Sinestro, and a gang of ruthless recruits, Lex builds his own league and declares them the Legion of Doom. With this super-powered team of terror and a plan to attack the top-secret government site Area 52, can Lex finally be on the verge of victory? The bricks are gonna fly when Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the rest of the Justice League face off against the world's greatest supervillains. Catch the premiere, and then enjoy an entertaining panel led by actors Troy Baker (Batman: Assault on Arkham), Josh Keaton (Green Lantern: The Animated Series), and Khary Payton (Teen Titans Go!), producer Brandon Vietti (Batman: Under the Red Hood), director Rick Morales (Beware the Batman), and writer Jim Krieg (Green Lantern: The Animated Series). As always, surprise guests might pop up, and there will definitely be exclusive prizes for some lucky fans. LEGO DC Super Heroes: Justice League: Attack of the Legion of Doom will be released August 25, 2015 via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD, and Digital HD.

1:00p.m. - 2:30p.m. World Premiere of Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem

The Dark Knight isn't seeking tricks or treats when Gotham City's most lethal villains take to the streets on Halloween night in the newest DC Comics animated film, Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem. Be part of the World Premiere when Batman, Green Arrow, Cyborg, Nightwing, and Red Robin cross paths with the Joker and his crew of misfit criminals in a battle for control of Gotham City. Enjoy the movie, then stick around for a lively panel featuring Roger Craig Smith (Batman: Arkham Origins), Troy Baker (Batman: Assault on Arkham), Khary Payton (Teen Titans Go!), Will Friedle (Batman Beyond, Boy Meets World), Yuri Lowenthal (Ben 10), and screenwriter Heath Corson (Batman: Assault on Arkham). Moderator Greg Miller (KindaFunny.com) will have exclusive prizes, and he might even introduce a few surprise guests. Batman Unlimited: Monster Mayhem will be released via Warner Bros. Home Entertainment on Digital HD August 4 and on Blu-ray Combo Pack and DVD August 18.
Times PST

The gods & monsters panel can't all be gods & monsters can it? 2 hours seems like a lot of time to not announce some new animated films.

Hoping for:

Justice League cartoon series as always (doubtful with the Unlimited Series and G&M going on, maybe in 2017)
Forever Evil adaptation (seems likely)
A Wonder Woman, Curse of Shazam or Sinestro Corp Wars to round out the third slot.

I'm a little tired of the new 52 Batman films, they should chose another character 2016. If they do Batman it will probably be Death of a Family mixed with some elements of Batman incorporated.

Penguin

The gods & monsters panel can't all be gods & monsters can it? 2 hours seems like a lot of time to not announce some new animated films.

Hoping for:

Justice League cartoon series as always (doubtful with the Unlimited Series and G&M going on, maybe in 2017)
Forever Evil adaptation (seems likely)
A Wonder Woman, Curse of Shazam or Sinestro Corp Wars to round out the third slot.

I'm a little tired of the new 52 Batman films, they should chose another character 2016. If they do Batman it will probably be Death of a Family mixed with some elements of Batman incorporated.

Remember showing the entire movie which is usually between 70-80 mins

Might show the shorts as well

Then factor in Q/A and stuff could be 2 hours

But yes usually when announce next year's slate since nothing is known beyond Gods and Monsters

But yes usually when announce next year's slate since nothing is known beyond Gods and Monsters

Ah didn't know it was the entire movie. I'm jealous, I loved that zodman clip.

Oh damn, they get the full movie? Damn, that's cool. Loved the shorts. Superman>WW>Bats.

they don't mention suicide squad at all in that WB thing. disappointing that there won't be a panel with will smith, jared leto, carla delevigne etc. would have been entertaining.

still hoping some joker footage crashes the batman v superman panel. plz WB

they don't mention suicide squad at all in that WB thing. disappointing that there won't be a panel with will smith, jared leto, carla delevigne etc. would have been entertaining.

They have a Comic Con before release still. They'll have their day. I wouldn't expect more than a tease.

Penguin

Thy are still playing up that there will be surprises so can easily see them there

Thy are still playing up that there will be surprises so can easily see them there

oh right yeah. fox didn't even hint at a dofp panel in 2013 either but the whole cast managed to show up. hoping WB does the same with suicide squad, would be exciting.

even crazier would be the entire justice league (with casting announcements) on stage, but it seems far too early for that

oh right yeah. fox didn't even hint at a dofp panel in 2013 either but the whole cast managed to show up. hoping WB does the same with suicide squad, would be exciting.

even crazier would be the entire justice league (with casting announcements) on stage, but it seems far too early for that

This year's SDCC is WB's to shine. I don't think such a reveal would be out of the question.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

well we already 6 of 7 announced already, only one left is Green Lantern. so they can do it.

so just have the 6 actors there...then just have Tyrese Gibson comes on the stage wearing all green and then this comic con will be the greatest of all time...

They didn't mention BvS at all in the panel descriptions for 2013 or 2014, IIRC, so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Quality of images make them a rorschach test. I see Impulse's costume, yellow goggles and white outfit with the red streak down the center.

Penguin

So are we running with DCEU as the official name for this she-bang?

I know it comes from the EW article, but wasn't sure if it was EW or Warner using it

Effect

Wonder why DCEU was picked? Are we possibly getting entries that aren't films at some point so "cinematic" was to narrow?

Wonder why DCEU was picked? Are we possibly getting entries that aren't films at some point so "cinematic" was to narrow?

Probably just didn't want to reuse part of marvel's terms.

The optimist in me says they want to go full throttle with the multiverse with the tv shows and comics. Most likely only Flash and maybe Supergirl.

Maddocks

I think that was exactly the reason they have it DCEU. They probably want it to be everything from tv shows and movies and to comics and animated movies. They want that built up multiverse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom