• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penguin

I wonder if Aquaman makes an appearance in any of the BvS trailers or they save him for the film. I'm assuming his role is small.

The Suicide Squad trailer is closing in on the BvS trailer in terms of views on YouTube. About 4.6M views separate the two down from 8M a day earlier.

Great interview.

If it's not tracking well they'll put him in a commercial and then post on their social media channels....

This interview is Ezra Miller makes me love him even more.
Seeing his take on the Flash is going to be amazing.

He's going to be an amazing Flash. Loving the passion he had when talking about the character though...
some of that passion may have been the weed talking.
. Anyway, it's obvious he's done his research. Also he gets major points for referencing Grant Gustin. Would be fun to see the both of them race in some multiverse special... even if it's for charity and non-canon.

strafer

I wonder if Aquaman makes an appearance in any of the BvS trailers or they save him for the film. I'm assuming his role is small.

I thought this tease of him.

ou21G0V.png

Pachimari

Can't believe how much more excited I am about the DCEU than the MCU at this point. I LOVE both universes and collect both but I just love the idea of things having consequences and being grounded / serious in tone.

And that edited clip with Man of Steel and the Batman V Superman trailer did it for me.

And I'm already happy about Ezra Miller being The Flash after that interview.

This interview is Ezra Miller makes me love him even more.
Seeing his take on the Flash is going to be amazing.

His enthusiasm is infectious and I love his sense of humor. Great traits for the Flash. He also totally understands the character's appeal, importance and place in comic book history. His love for the CW series is also nice to see.

A multiverse crossover further down the line could be another way DC's universe can differentiate itself from Marvel's. Something like Infinite Crisis would be incredible to see on the big screen. I can't see WB doing something like that unfortunately.

strafer

interesting
Hey guys I was at the DC Hall H panel and this what the flash costume looked liked to me!!!

Flash: I saw his costume and probably the one piece of concept art I remember best. First it was a motion concept art again. We see Ezra with medium length black hair, like hair past his ears, holding either a bullet or a ring at a crime scene. Then his Flash speeds by. His costume is pretty different from the show. It is similar to injustice in the sense that he is wearing armor. It doesn't really look like that suit just has some similarities. His suit is more similar to Nolan's bat suit in the sense he has segmented armor pads on his suit and his cowl doesn't look it is made of leather either. It is not bulky but pretty streamlined. It was great.

I would also say it doesn't look like the Nolan bat suit either. It just had a similar armor pattern.

I don't trust mayimbe that much.

That being said, I'll be surprised if Snyder helms MoS2 or JL2, no way he'll do both. Who knows what miller fancies.

Penguin

Well Warner enjoys keeping people in their "Stable" as it were.

Miller has done good work for them.

Maybe DCEU film then Mad Max 5

Well Warner enjoys keeping people in their "Stable" as it were.

Miller has done good work for them.

Maybe DCEU film then Mad Max 5

He's so old now though, I can't imagine him making many more films.

I think it's a tossup between MoS2, Flash & Shazam. The scripts are being worked on for the last two, but Flash is scheduled earlier. Who knows when MoS2 will come out.

I still don't think Shazam will be connected to the universe when the dust settles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not one of the films that get cancelled to be honest. The Rock can easily be given a different part or they simply use Black Adam and that's it.

I still don't think Shazam will be connected to the universe when the dust settles. I wouldn't be surprised if it's not one of the films that get cancelled to be honest. The Rock can easily be given a different part or they simply use Black Adam and that's it.

I think it weighs heavily on how squad & ww do. I'm ecstatic squad has so many youtube views for a completely new ip. Cyborg & Shazam's existence is definitely on the tail end. Maybe GLC too.

ReiGun

I think it weighs heavily on how squad & ww do. I'm ecstatic squad has so many youtube views for a completely new ip. Cyborg & Shazam's existence is definitely on the tail end. Maybe GLC too.

GLC is definitely happening. They already have art for it, and I have no doubt they're about ready to cast the character for JLA. I say Shazam's potential as a money maker and the Rock already being on board clinches that too. Cyborg is the only one I'm really worried about. I could see it being dumped or turned into something else.

GLC is definitely happening. They already have art for it, and I have no doubt they're about ready to cast the character for JLA. I say Shazam's potential as a money maker and the Rock already being on board clinches that too. Cyborg is the only one I'm really worried about. I could see it being dumped or turned into something else.

They should turn it into a Blue Beetle movie.

tim1138

They should expand it to a Cyborg and the Metal Men movie

If Cyborg does happen he's getting a helping hand. Maybe Shazam if he's received well. Like Tim said, metal men is also a thing with Cyborg.

I think by the time Shazam would happen, it's just not going to fit with what they're doing with the DCEU. Shazam is slated for 2019, correct? We're three years away before it would even start filming, that's a lot of time for things to change.

I think by the time Shazam would happen, it's just not going to fit with what they're doing with the DCEU. Shazam is slated for 2019, correct? We're three years away before it would even start filming, that's a lot of time for things to change.

Rock seems confident it will roll in earlier than 2019, twice. It's made by Newline so their production slate could be more flexible.

Was hoping for a slate update this SDCC but it seems all they did was announce Batman.

Rock seems confident it will roll in earlier than 2019, twice. It's made by Newline so their production slate could be more flexible.

Was hoping for a slate update this SDCC but it seems all they did was announce Batman.

I still think everything Newline touches will be treated as it's own thing and separate from the DCEU.

When is the next investors meeting, lol? The Batman really wasn't announced though, was it?

ryan299

Faraci said the original plan for the JL films were
Brainiac for JL1 and Darkseid for JL2. Maybe they're pushing Darkseid back and will make Black Adam a villain for one of the film

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom