• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
UJW5ehv.png

Here's what I think is gonna happen:

1. WB gives up on DCEU altogether, and goes back to Batman.

or

2. Every film after Suicide Squad gets indefinitely pushed back to give Batfleck his own trilogy.

You're crazy if you don't think they care. Weekend 1 will be fine, but weekend 2? This is reviewing worse than green lantern at the moment.

I think WB cares more about money than RT scores. Transformers movies get shit on by EVERYONE, yet they still crack a billion+ each outing.

GAF is going to be an insufferable hive of hate for the next few days huh

Time to tune everything out I guess.

This is the big thing to me. Maybe I love the movie, maybe I don't, maybe audiences love the movie, maybe they don't, but critics hate it and that's going to be the party line, such as it is.

GeeTeeCee

No more hiring directors with "style." Only directors who know how to say "action" to the crew and "yes sir" to the studio heads. That seems to work pretty well.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
If SE was able to re-launch a failed MMO and make it successfull, then a movie studio can re-launch a movie universe. Like I said take the positives and dump the rest.

Everything falls on SS and WW to build up good will. But Snyder is too involved with the WW movie, much less so with SS. I don't know about WW movie now either.

Boke1879

GAF is going to be an insufferable hive of hate for the next few days huh

Time to tune everything out I guess.

And that's the only reason why I wanted it to review well because of shit like this that's happening. Because now you'll have people who didn't see the movie talking out of their ass and pulling these up.

Still excited to see it and I'm there day 1.

a916

Damn, even Entertainment Weekly is shitting on the film. I thought the dude loved it. They had someone else review it.

It's at 58 now... above Man of Steel.

And that's the only reason why I wanted it to review well because of shit like this that's happening. Because now you'll have people who didn't see the movie talking out of their ass and pulling these up.

Still excited to see it and I'm there day 1.
People care too much about opinions of individuals that don't even buy their tickets. People who like movies should watch what they think they'll like.

No more hiring directors with "style." Only directors who know how to say "action" to the crew and "yes sir" to the studio heads. That seems to work pretty well.

Well have you seen who's on aquaman and wonder woman and freaking flash

Suicide Squad and Batman v superman were the only outliers here.

That's true though? Also damn lol, chill.

Not really.

For Green Lantern all the tweets were about Blake Lively
For Fant4STick, there were like what 4 tweets

With BvS, there were people not inclined to go fanboy/girl, giving great reviews

This is why its weird

Well it´s 37% now.

20 hours and i´ll get to see it finally.

As far as reviews go, i´ll wait for Jeremy Jahns, Chris Stuckmann and the Schmoes. Their tastes align most with mine. Don´t care for reviews of people that i don´t know what other movies they like or don´t.

shingi70

Banned
It's oddd seeing people talk about wanting to cancel their tickets, why not make up your mind and see it your self. Plus I'm going g with friends so I'll have a good time regardless of the films quality.

I read a few of those reviews and couldn't really understand their stinging criticism of it. Fuck them. I'll see it for myself.

Ofc. The criticism I don't get is complaining about the super hero genre (I think the best way forward is the exploration of the sub genres like in TWS or GoTg) being in need of a break due to the Marvel formula...then slate BvS for doing something different. My friend is having an absolute meltdown on facebook, blaming whiny fanboys and says he'll give up on Marvel because apparently they owe him for defending Age of Ultron....

I'm seeing this with him on Saturday :(

I think at this point i'll be more pissed if Batman #50 tomorrow sucks.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Just a little bit more, hit that 45% and stay there. Do I win a virtual cookie for predicting the RT score?

strafer

It's oddd seeing people talk about wanting to cancel their tickets, why not make up your mind and see it your self. Plus I'm going g with friends so I'll have a good time regardless of the films quality.

I would never cancel a ticket based on reviews.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?

Yeah, people take reviews too seriously on here

because they loved the movie! this is why critics are a waste. nothing but elitists.
critics are a holdover from days past when access and information to entertainment was limited so you had to rely on the word of a so-called expert to tell what was good and what wasn't. critics still think that they are the trendsetters and many critics have let it be known that they hate comic book movies unless they follow a very trite and tired formula.

if it makes 200 million opening weekend no one will care what some "professional" critic thinks.

Generally alignment of critical opinion has some merit at bare minimum. Critics aren't the be all or end all but they usually have some reason.

It's not like critics are out lambast superhero movies. They just don't like bad ones.

Now the thing to note is that individual opinions will vary. It's okay to make your own judgement. It's silly to act like execs won't care about reviews though. This movie will make bank solely based on name alone, but people aren't going to be back for more if the franchise they envision starts off with a critical dud. Its about the long haul.

Firemind

Advance ticket cancelled! FUCK SNYDER AND HIS SNYDERING

It's a fuckng Knightmare. I have to wake up in 6h. This is bad. How do I sleep now. I am scared to even look into threads now beside this one....

Is the dream dead?

Boke1879

Because people can't decide for themselves. I said in the impressions thread. If you need a review or RT score to convince you to see a movie you just weren't that interested in the first place.

No dude, its because a bunch of super fanboys who get free tickets always love early screenings.

many people in this forum have already seen it and have given it very good marks, so no, not fanboys. piss off with that attitude.

Pretty sure people thought it looked awful from the jump - combined with Snyder - not sure what you expected.

nope, not really. but that's your bias coming out.

You're crazy if you don't think the scores affect BO.

depends on the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom