• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster12

The good thing that comes out of this?

Snyder is gone. We can rejoice.

But maybe, DC characters just can't make it on the big screen anymore. Not even Batman. Of course we truly won't know for sure until after Suicide Squad.

strafer

Thought I check to see if it was over DD...

aIk2eKQ.png

3N16MA

Banned
Some of you care too much about reviews, fun to discuss and all of that but cancelling tickets or being upset? At the end of the day you are just reading another opinion, nothing more, nothing less. We expected it to be like this (well maybe a little higher as far as the RT meter goes), so no surprise there. Just chill, watch it and make up your own mind.

Also, almost forgot: seeing this within 24 hours! Whoooop, finally.

I find it funny that some people are depending on a score to make them decide whether they should watch this. Not actually reading any reviews but just a number.

Dabanton

I find it funny that some people are depending on a score to make them decide whether they should watch this. Not actually reading any reviews but just a number.

Welcome to how a lot of gaming side reacts to things.

Anything below 8? not worth playing.

3N16MA

Banned
He should hold on to that OT if I were him.

Nothing good will come out of posting it.

We should just use this.

I don't see the point in not posting the OT. Without an OT there will just be 5 different threads discussing the same thing anyways.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
I am convinced Justice League will be cancelled or delayed but I dont know what WB can do right now. Do they go back to Nolan? I dont think Nolan can direct anyone apart from Batman and is probably not interested to go back to Super hero movies.

I am just fascinated by what they can possibly do now. Can any of these actors be used at all in the future movies? A long road ahead and I think WB will see significant changes to the management team after this disastrous reception.

No you cannot have a movie containing two of the most iconic heroes and have it be this badly received.

Effect

So the number of reviews haven't changed. Still at 27 total.

Do the reviews even talk about the acting, editing, dialogue, etc? A lot of the things that make up a film. Or do they just focus on not liking the story and tone?

The good thing that comes out of this?

Snyder is gone. We can rejoice.

But maybe, DC characters just can't make it on the big screen anymore. Not even Batman. Of course we truly won't know for sure until after Suicide Squad.

Hrmmm I think it's a bit early to call that. 25 reviews and no idea of a box office reception. I don't think they'll take him off JL, unless they push the whole thing back to like 2018. I wouldn't be surprised if JL is more light hearted, Terrio already said they were going in that direction. They might restructure the slate, shift up Flash or Shazam to get more light hearted movies in.

Dabanton

This seems like the safest thread for now unless the mods are going to lay the law down in the OT.

I'm not really up for seeing black bars anywhere but the spoiler thread until I see this movie for myself.

3N16MA

Banned
I am convinced Justice League will be cancelled or delayed but I dont know what WB can do right now. Do they go back to Nolan? I dont think Nolan can direct anyone apart from Batman and is probably not interested to go back to Super hero movies.

I am just fascinated by what they can possibly do now. Can any of these actors be used at all in the future movies? A long road ahead and I think WB will see significant changes to the management team after this disastrous reception.

No you cannot have a movie containing two of the most iconic heroes and have it be this badly received.

George Miller.

Simo

lol Come on nothing is getting cancelled. Snyder's movies have always been divisive with the critics and WB is knee deep in his DC movie universe how you going to pull the plug on all that?

George Miller.

Never gonna happen.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement

Dude, take breath. This thing is gonna open somewhere around 200 million. Nothing is getting canceled.

I just was in the trailer threads saying it looked bad, and that I had no faith in Snyder or the fact that this was a sequel to MoS. Given that the reviews are in line with MoS, and actually slightly lower, I'm expecting more of the same.

I got shit on for saying that in those threads though by certain posters. On the flip side - it seems in line with MoS, so I think a ton of people will be happy.
Yeah, I understand. it just isn't in tune with your sensitivities.I'll have to wait until I see it to see if the critics are right or wrong. Snyder has many critics but I prefer a director with ambitions and vision instead of those that make by the numbers movie. Now, that doesn't mean he doesn't shit the bed because even in movies in which he tries to tackle themes that are more than skin deep he doesn't always succeeds like sucker punch, but that's part of taking risks, you are bound to fail sometimes and that's OK to me cause it's preferably to all these director's that aren't taking any. At least not with a budget like that.

So, even though I see why people have apprehension to Snyder I see it as a feature instead of a flaw, but I'm not a WB executive so I don't have much skin in the game besides my tickets but that's more than any pompous critic will have.

Like critics trashed 2001, and have elevated mediocre dross to great heights but what happens when they're are wrong about their "opinions"? Nothing, they have nothing to lose besides their egos and that's why they're unfit in my opinion.
Yes I believe opinions can be wrong, event my own

Ross61

I'm hoping that atleast as time goes on and we get more reviews that the number will look a little better. Unrealistic hope: 77% Certified Fresh, Realistic hope: 62% Fresh

rokero

It starts filming in a couple of days BvS will likely make big money there's no way it's getting cancelled, they can delay it and get another director though, but i think that won't happen either

In the short term, nothing is happening unless it implodes at the box office over the next two weeks. JL production will go on as scheduled, Snyder will probably be on a tighter leash, and there will be some on the fly adjustments for JL to try to address BvS complaints.

However, I think there is probably some serious movement happening on stuff down the road though. I wouldn't be surprised if shit like the solo Cyborg movie just got tossed in the "wait and see" pile along with some other planned films.

Simo

Just a bit of trivia and for those jokingly mentioning George Miller. He and WB are not on good terms right now so even to entertain removing Snyder...Miller ain't gonna be the replacement. lol

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
George Miller.

I am not sure how much George Miller knows about DC comics? I know he came close to directing one but I read somewhere that it was wildly different from how these characters are perceived

lol Come on nothing is getting cancelled. Snyder's movies have always been divisive with the critics and WB is knee deep in his DC movie universe how you going to pull the plug on all that?

Never gonna happen.

If they do not pull the plug than the brand is done for. This is not same situation as Transformers. You have a bunch of films that are dependent on each other. Having a Batman Superman movie suck is going to make people less likely to see a Flash movie or a Cyborg movie. Saying BVS earned 800 million is not going to diminish the consequences of its poor critical reception.

Not to mention poor wom, stigma and ridicule in the online channels for the next few years etc.. This is a huge problem for DC and there is going to be some serious repercussions to this reception. There is no way they get Snyder back. He may continue in a producer's role but that is about it. I feel sorry for the guy because he clearly loves comics and is a nice person but unfortunately I do not see this going any other way.

3N16MA

Banned
I won't even enter some of those thread in OT as Bronson mentioned spoilers were being posted. Bailed after reading that.

Frosty from Collider didn't even give his opinion on the film, just said Batman and WW kicked ass and to avoid spoilers and see it in IMAX.

I got the impression Frosty was caught off-guard by the embargo time. Right before 6pm EDT, he tweeted "Wait, it ends at 3pm PST?" or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom