• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
WB fucked up, I mean I might enjoy the movie and all, but you can't put a highly polarizing director in charge of your superhero shared universe.

They should take what worked in this movie and roll with it. Mainly WW and Batman, I would even let Superman take a backseat for a couple of years and give it a soft reboot with a MoS sequel with the same actor and a different director, or at least until they figure out what they want for that character. You can't just put your vision and say fuck it and make a movie about it, like Snyder did, there's a legacy to respect and some stuff you just don't fuck with because people are going to eviscerate you no matter how well intentioned your idea was. As soon as people reported Batman
straight up murders peopl
in this I knew Snyder fucked up once again. Your two JL pillars come from shaky backgrounds like that and it's hard to build anything around it.

Ross61

WB fucked up, I mean might enjoy the movie and all, but you can't put a highly polarizing director in charge of your superhero shared universe.

They should take what worked in this movie and roll with it. Mainly WW and Batman, I would even let Superman take a backseat for a couple of years and give it a soft reboot with a MoS sequel with the same actor and a different director, or at least until they figure out what they want for that character. You can't just put your vision and say fuck it and make a movie about it, like Snyder did, there's a legacy to respect and some stuff you just don't fuck with because people are going to eviscerate you no matter how well intentioned your idea was. As soon as people reported Batman
in this I knew Snyder fucked up once again. Your two JL pillars come from shaky backgrounds like that and it's hard to build anything around it.

Alright, let not talk about the universe like its a shit show now. All they really need to do is focus and find their grove and then its smooth sailing from there.

Error

Not saying it's a shitshow and I said I might enjoy the movie. What I'm trying to say is that if you want to launch a superhero shared universe you'd want everyone on board and not people divisive on it.

jackdoe

The impressions thread is a disaster already, not sure why I was expecting anything different
Haha. If the movie gets divisive reviews, we'll start to see some crazy DC fanboys call for Zack Snyder's head for making a divisive movie before they've actually had a chance to see the movie for themselves (and it's already happened in this thread).

IconGrist

I think the Greg Miller video perfectly depicts how discussions on GAF are going to go about BvS. Don't watch it if you're staying away from spoilers but if you've seen it or don't care you'll see what I mean.

a916

Not saying it's a shitshow and I said I might enjoy the movie. What I'm trying to say is that if you want to launch a superhero shared universe you'd want everyone on board and not people divisive on it.

Even the people hating on it really want Affleck to take his Batman and do a solo Batman movie.. you make it seem like WB went out of their way to create a divisive movie and screwed up everything. It is what it is.

Haha. If the movie gets divisive reviews, we'll start to see some crazy DC fanboys call for Zack Snyder's head for making a divisive movie before they've actually had a chance to see the movie for themselves (and it's already happened in this thread).

It happened a few posts above yours.

Error

They didn't, I'm pretty sure they gave Snyder a ton of creative freedom. WB is actually one of those studios that doesn't meddle much in movies. I mean, look at how many bombas they've suffered from the Wachowski sisters.

I'm not saying the movie is bad, I haven't even seen it, I'm just saying that you can't make movie that's the corner stone of your shared universe divisive. You need everyone on board to create hype and expectation. Basically once you successfully launch a shared universe each movie basically sells itself, you can't do that with a divisive movie.

WB fucked up, I mean I might enjoy the movie and all, but you can't put a highly polarizing director in charge of your superhero shared universe.

Joke post? I can't tell anymore.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Meh, I'd rather have them going with their/Snyder's vision than to try and please those who don't want to like it anyway. Just make the movie you want to make.

Boke1879

I get Error's point. You already have people wanting this to fail or questioning it simply because Snyder is pretty much the top dog.

Even if the movie is good you'll still have those people.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Suicide Squad will probably be the best CBM of the year. Not the best movie though, that would be The Nice Guys.

He does gritty and dark humor a lot... I wouldn't be comfortable giving it to him.

Give it to George Miller if that's up for discussion.

He'd have to do JL2 and that likely won't go in front of the camera until 2018. You have to start worrying about the man's health/age at that point. I'd love Miller to do it, but it's a risk in it's own way.

a916

He'd have to do JL2 and that likely won't go in front of the camera until 2018. You have to start worrying about the man's health/age at that point. I'd love Miller to do it, but it's a risk in it's own way.

Let him carve the look and feel, and then hand it off to someone. Get him to come in and JJ it.

Huh... well I'm glad this happened. I was starting to get unrealistically high expectations. I'll judge the film for myself. *Jumps back into oblivion*

Welp, Zack better hope it does well opening weekend and doesn't drop like a rock the second week or that button might get pressed at WB.

It's a little funny how here most were praising Zack, now want him gone. I won't lie, I just wanted a entertaining movie, not a masterpiece since I don't think it's possible with the whole superpower universe thing. I do think a Ben solo movie would be critically acclaimed.

Still gonna see it twice, once with my friends and then my cousins. It should be fun.

Edit: no movie could be worst then Thor 2, that's the bottom of the barrel for me.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Come on, this is kind of fun :D I can almost feel the hate (and the satisfaction of some GAFfers). I changed it to 45% at the last moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom