• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
They need to hit panic button now, before it's too late. Admit you fuck up, I want him out before JL production is too deep to make any changes.

Dude needs to fuck off, he doesn't get the characters I thought he was going to learn from what didn't work with MoS but he doubled down on that nonsense. It's like he wants to prove a point or something, I just don't get it.

Zach Snyder has never learned in his career really? Not sure what you expected. JL isn't gonna be any better or worse, it'll be what Zach does.

IconGrist

Man, such harsh words against Snyder. I've been reading about these characters since I was a kid. 30 some years ago. Haven't taken one issue with how he has represented anybody.

I feel like the living embodiment of that Principal Skinner picture.

Schnepp, who's been ultra positive about this movie and felt it'll open at 200M, just dropped his prediction to $125M. If that actually happens, oh god...

That seems... implausible, and overstating how much reviews can impact OW, especially for a film with these IP. I'd expect $150M OW at worst.

I'd be in favor of tossing future Mad Max films under the bus in favor of a Miller led Justice League. We got Fury Road, it is our masterpiece, and the League deserves the same too.

I could have sworn I read that miller wanted to stay away from action films for awhile and do something smaller, or atleast not mad max.

Effect

It's weird that there are a number of reviews in the rotten section of RT that are C ratings that I really don't think should be there. A 2 of out 5., a F or D. Yeah. A 2 out of 4 is walking a line. To give a film a rating of a C-, C, or even a C+ or a score that could be the equivalent of that shouldn't be in the rotten section all things being fair.

PBY

Banned
It's weird that there are a number of reviews in the rotten section of RT that are C ratings that I really don't think should be there. A 2 of out 5., a F or D. Yeah. A 2 out of 4 is walking a line. To give a film a rating of a C-, C, or even a C+ or a score that could be the equivalent of that shouldn't be in the rotten section all things being fair.

I think the reviewers get to pick if its rotten or not. That aside, you don't think a C- is rotten?

Effect

I think the reviewers get to pick if its rotten or not. That aside, you don't think a C- is rotten?

I think that's on the low end of average. I think an F or D is considering a film "rotten". If one has to make a choice I would go with the general acceptance that a C- is a passing grade. If you think something is bad then give it a D. Don't go and give it a C- then hit that "rotten" option in an effort to have your cake and eat it too.

BadAss2961

They need to hit panic button now, before it's too late. Admit you fuck up, I want him out before JL production is too deep to make any changes.

Dude needs to fuck off, he doesn't get the characters I thought he was going to learn from what didn't work with MoS but he doubled down on that nonsense. It's like he wants to prove a point or something, I just don't get it.
Chill. We haven't even seen how this plays out with audiences and at the box office yet. Regardless, the best plan is to stay the course. The natural flow of a cinematic universe that makes money allows for opportunity after opportunity to set things right. Any panic button scenario just pushes the idea of failure.

This thread is starting to go to shit btw. Not even release day yet, and I see less of the community from before and more of some other shit. Relax guys.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
I think I'm bouncing out of here until I see the film. I feel like my excitement is draining by the hour. Be back in a couple. Here's hoping some of us can still enjoy it!

Leave Miller to Mad Max.

I'd say give Jeff Nichols a blank check and free reign to reshape the universe. Or Matt Reeves, given his name floated around with MoS.

a916

Chill. We haven't even seen how this plays out with audiences and at the box office yet. Regardless, the best plan is to stay the course. The natural flow of a cinematic universe that makes money allows for opportunity after opportunity to set things right. Any panic button scenario just pushes the idea of failure.

This thread is starting to go to shit, btw. Not even release day yet, and I see less of the community from before and more of some other shit. Relax guys.

This is a really good point.

PBY

Banned

This thread is starting to go to shit btw. Not even release day yet, and I see less of the community from before and more of some other shit. Relax guys.

Agree with all of this. That said, you still would like Snyder on board?

Effect

I think I'm bouncing out of here until I see the film. I feel like my excitement is draining by the hour. Be back in a couple. Here's hoping some of us can still enjoy it!

That's sounding like a good idea. Doubling sucks for me because I woke up sick today. So that's going to make watching the film interesting tomorrow night. What I do suggest is people don't just read the negative reviews. Positive and negative reviews are coming from big named critics. It's not like the positive reviews are coming from lesser known people or outlets. They're coming from named places and people. That's how you know the reaction is split. It would be more concerning if that wasn't the case.

BadAss2961

Agree with all of this. That said, you still would like Snyder on board?
I've been a fan all this time while critics have disagreed. So yeah.

People are panicking when the guy is only signed on to direct one more film, and forgetting that he's set up an extremely comic accurate universe for other directors to play with going forward.

I've been a fan all this time while critics have disagreed. So yeah.

People are panicking when the guy is only signed on to direct one more film, and forgetting that he's set up an extremely comic accurate universe for other directors to play with going forward.

Um, no, not really...

Edit : to be clear, I don't really have a problem with filmmakers changing some stuff when adapting from comics to film but BvS does betray some characters quite a lot.

Simo

Still hyped as fuck! Read some of the Tech Manual last night and some of the finer details for the Batmobile, Batcave and Batwing...hnnnngggg.

Tonight I'm going to watch Man of Steel on blu ahead of tomorrow's screening even though I just watched it and all the features last week. lol

Naw we eatin fam.

Im counting the hours til I get to see it tomorrow, still very excited.
Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman arent being affected, the cinematic universe is trucking along. This |OT| is gonna last for a decade.

It's comments like this that hit me harder than any bad review does. I don't like to see people be excited for something and then have it taken away.

Stuff like this is why I wasn't really keen on posting impressions at first. As I said in the other threads, I'm just some dude. Word ain't gospel. Just go watch the darn movie

Ahasverus

Yeah, the Universe continues, hell, there is even hope to be held for the Director's Cut, as Snyder's are usually very superior to the theatrical. Nothing stops this train, at least until JL.

Honestly, my hype has drained a fair bit. I was gonna make a day of it, grab a nice meal, whole 9 yards, not any more :/

Maybe that'll change by tomorrow, idk.

Firemind

Still hyped as fuck! Read some of the Tech Manual last night and some of the finer details for the Batmobile, Batcave and Batwing...hnnnngggg.

Tonight I'm going to watch Man of Steel on blu ahead of tomorrow's screening even though I just watched it and all the features last week. lol
I think I'll watch 300 tonight, Snyder's magnum opus.

Well, whether he is trying to teach that or not is besides the point, what he says as a parent has impact, and Clark clearly respects him. I mean it's great that Clark eventually turned out to be a great guy, but that wasn't a great parenting scene at all! I know that's the point, that even a great father can have a moment of weakness and say the wrong things because he loves his son too much, but it just disgusts me a bit too much. Especially the way it was delivered.

I just have to disagree with everything you're saying. Not a great parenting scene? I thought the Johnathan scenes were all great parenting scenes. Johnathan isn't the platonic ideal of a parent. He's just a good man, trying to do right by his son. He doesn't say "let those kids die". He knows Clark did the right thing, but he also knows that Clark simply isn't ready to be outed, and that shapes how he views the world. Clark's well being is his primary responsibility. That and the follow up scene with them in the basement gets me every time.

a916

Honestly, my hype has drained a fair bit. I was gonna make a day of it, grab a nice meal, whole 9 yards, not any more :/

Same here... was going to watch Dark Knight trilogy and then into Man of Steel and after those reviews I couldn't be bothered to put in any of those movies.

Simo

I think I'll watch 300 tonight, Snyder's magnum opus.

I was hoping to watch Watchmen: DR but ran out of time. Too busy over the weekend so last night I kicked back and watched The Dark Knight Returns and chilled afterwards to it's soundtrack. SO good.

It's comments like this that hit me harder than any bad review does. I don't like to see people be excited for something and then have it taken away.

See, I was fortunate 3 years back to watch Man of Steel 2-3 weeks before it opened with a full audience and no reviews were out at the time. I loved the film, still do one of the best CBM even, and was blown away and the audience was fully into it too reacting audibly at all the right moments. I got watch it a week after that, still before it opened, and loved it even more.

Then the reviews hit and I was shocked at their reactions and critiques but everyone is entitled to an opinion. lol

IconGrist

Same here... was going to watch Dark Knight trilogy and then into Man of Steel and after those reviews I couldn't be bothered to put in any of those movies.

Pfft, I watched Man of Steel this morning. Watched Dark Knight like 2 days ago and the recent discussion of Sucker Punch motivated me to watch that and that is what is currently on now. I watched last night's Flash episode just before that though.

I'm sort-of doing that. Leaving work early to pick up the GF from her job, taking her out to lunch and then we're going to see the movie at a fancy dine-in theater. Should be fun! Would've been funner if I had been hearing good things about the film though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom