• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

What gets me is how folks are being insulted in other threads if they enjoyed the film. It is something else.

Oh that fucking drives me insane. I've joked about someone's opinion of a movie being bad if they liked something I didn't but I've always tried to make it clear I'm not serious. Some of those comments I see in these other threads just make my blood boil though. Like who the hell are you to tell other people what they can and can't enjoy?

Veelk's LTTP thread drove me up the wall I was so mad reading that first sentence.

Boke1879

Stuff like this is why I wasn't really keen on posting impressions at first. As I said in the other threads, I'm just some dude. Word ain't gospel. Just go watch the darn movie

Respect Bronson. I know you didn't like the movie but you're intent wasn't and isn't to turn people off from it.

Respect Bronson. I know you didn't like the movie but you're intent wasn't and isn't to turn people off from it.

*brofist*

I honestly get the feeling that most critics have a similar tack that I did with it (action is great, story isn't, too plodding), but ramped up the vitriol because it helps them get views.

It's a Zack Snyder movie, you know what you're going to get. Divisive is what he always delivers.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Before I depart let me say something to my DC diehards. Supposedly there is a ton of fan service type stuff that may go over the heads of the general audience. Well we're not the general audience and this stuff is in here for you, me, and my 13 year old daughter who has a stack of comics in her room. Eat it up and enjoy because I plan to. So the pacing and editing might not be the greatest. I heard the same thing about MoS and I love how that movie jumps around. I'm not going to blindly praise it if I don't enjoy it but I'm sure as hell not going to stop myself from liking it for fear of being ridiculed by self proclaimed film experts.

Boke1879

*brofist*

I honestly get the feeling that most critics have a similar tack that I did with it (action is great, story isn't, too plodding), but ramped up the vitriol because it helps them get views.

It's a Zack Snyder movie, you know what you're going to get. Divisive is what he always delivers.

I was thinking the same. The critics went all in because it's Snyder doing Snyder things again. The views are also another reason.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
You guys had three years to prepare for this. Come on now, just a movie (or movies). 4 hours to go, think I'll grab some fastfood before.

Honestly, my hype has drained a fair bit. I was gonna make a day of it, grab a nice meal, whole 9 yards, not any more :/

Maybe that'll change by tomorrow, idk.

Meh,, what will be REALLY crushing is if none of Rebirth sounds exciting :p.

At the worst I always thought this movie would have awesome action sequences and so far most of the neogaf reviews are praising the acton.

No matter what happens, I hope they stick with the cast they have. I like Cavill and Ben.

Meh,, what will be REALLY crushing is if none of Rebirth sounds exciting :p.

At the worst I always thought this movie would have awesome action sequences and so far most of the neogaf reviews are praising the acton.

No matter what happens, I hope they stick with the cast they have. I like Cavill and Ben.

There's a Blue Beetle book, unless they royally screw the pooch and give us Ted or something Rebirth is already exciting!

And damn at people paying 40 bucks for tickets, lol. I got mine for 13!

Yager

Banned
Two hours for me. Feels bad seeing those reviews, but then again the general audience seems to like it. I guess that 5 hours from now I'll decide wether to go to sleep satisfied or getting drunk and cry until I pass out.

IconGrist

Two hours for me. Feels bad seeing those reviews, but then again the general audience seems to like it. I guess that 5 hours from now I'll decide wether to go to sleep satisfied or getting drunk and cry until I pass out.

At least you'll always have Cavill's crotch.

BadAss2961

Before I depart let me say something to my DC diehards. Supposedly there is a ton of fan service type stuff that may go over the heads of the general audience. Well we're not the general audience and this stuff is in here for you, me, and my 13 year old daughter who has a stack of comics in her room. Eat it up and enjoy because I plan to. So the pacing and editing might not be the greatest. I heard the same thing about MoS and I love how that movie jumps around. I'm not going to blindly praise it if I don't enjoy it but I'm sure as hell not going to stop myself from liking it for fear of being ridiculed by self proclaimed film experts.
I caught that too. Maybe those things could've been done in a way that people would understand, but i'd rather leave some wonder and nuggets for fans than go for too much exposition.

It'll probably turn out to be one of those things fans have to constantly explain in debate threads. Can't wait to do that again... Thank god for no more 3 year waits.

Yager

Banned
Maybe this isn't the start we all hoped for, but in a couple of months Suicide Squad, next year Wonder Woman...I get the sense that this movie suffers from trying to introduce too much stuff, but after this all will flow nicely. At least that's what I hope.

HuismarB

Neo Member
Just re-watched Man of Steel, i really don't get the hate about this movie. After so many watches i still enjoy it so much. Watching BvS on Friday, then i will make up my mind, don't care about the critics tho, and 99% of the people i speak to don't give a shit about these 'critics' they just want to see an awesome movie.

edit, plus, almost everyone i know uses IMDB for movie ratings, they don't even know what RT is. Pretty sure BvS will do well.

IconGrist

Maybe this isn't the start we all hoped for, but in a couple of months Suicide Squad, next year Wonder Woman...I get the sense that this movie suffers from trying to introduce too much stuff, but after this all will flow nicely. That's what I hope at least.

Worked for Iron Man 2. Generally not liked but it helped set up a universe that people seem to love. What hurts its credibility is that's fine for a (at the time) no name like Iron Man but not what you expect from Batman and Superman.

There's a Blue Beetle book, unless they royally screw the pooch and give us Ted or something Rebirth is already exciting!

And damn at people paying 40 bucks for tickets, lol. I got mine for 13!

tbh I'm starting to temper my excitement a bit, I'm not expecting a lot of great talent on double shipping books after Scott Snyder said he wasn't on detective comics or justice league.

Want to see what King and Johns is on.

Boke1879

Maybe this isn't the start we all hoped for, but in a couple of months Suicide Squad, next year Wonder Woman...I get the sense that this movie suffers from trying to introduce too much stuff, but after this all will flow nicely. At least that's what I hope.

SS is still happening and while not connect to anything JL it's good for world building. WW has me interested and you're right should be more focused. JL is still happening I don't see any changes there. Maybe WB has Snyder on a tighter leash. After that I say they probably ditch him for JL2 and maybe move up the batman movie,

IconGrist

The worst thing WB could do for me right now is to start pushing Batman. A whole goddamn universe of characters and they keep relying on Batman. You want to take me out of the DCEU, that's how you do it.

strafer

I can't take another solo Batman movie. I'm so sick of it.

They should push other heroes instead.

I want a new Green Lantern movie.

a916

The worst thing WB could do for me right now is to start pushing Batman. A whole goddamn universe of characters and they keep relying on Batman. You want to take me out of the DCEU, that's how you do it.

We're getting a SS/WW movie regardless. Pushing a Batman movie not only gives them a bankable asset from the brightspot of this divisive movie, but it also gives them time to adjust course.

The Batman movie can take place prior to MOS and distance itself too to not have any knock on effects to JL story.

Rumor mongering is already starting lmao, 99.99% sure this is bs because lol that web design.

http://www.moovienews.com/20160323-major-shakeup-for-warnerbros-and-dc.html

Aquaman with the more talented director? Come on mayne don't push that back... and seriously? Lol, you're going to replace Snyder with the dude who did Clash of the Titans and the Hulk movie?

IconGrist

We're getting a SS/WW movie regardless. Pushing a Batman movie not only gives them a bankable asset from the brightspot of this divisive movie, but it also gives them time to adjust course.

The Batman movie can take place prior to MOS and distance itself too to not have any knock on effects to JL story.

I always expected another Batman solo. That's not an issue. But if in like a month or two they say "Hey, we got a new Batman trilogy planned!" and then make no mention of anything else or say everything else is getting pushed back; I'm out.

Dead

well not really...yet
How can WW be undergoing major rewrites when they should be close to finishing filming?
Not to mention that from what we'e heard, it IS standalone, aside from some bookend scenes. Hardly something that would need major rewrites to make "more standalone"

Okay, I wouldn't consider this a spoiler and I tend to be careful about it. If anybody takes issue, I'll edit it out. There's an easter egg in the credits, possibly ARG. An account and password to https://www.lex-os.io/

username: mgraves
password: lexcon

Prior to today the account could be accepted, but showed a server down message. Now entering it gives me this,

rKhNzVW.jpg

Something is happening on friday.

IconGrist

Man the other threads are just a cesspool. It's all fighting. And not even like civil debates. Just "fuck you I'm right", "no fuck you, I'm right" stuff. Mixed in with a little "Hey let's all laugh at this funny picture somebody made". I never really see that shit in here or in the MCU Community threads. It's always so much more relaxed.

witness

So my wife and I are leaving work an hour early tomorrow, going to the mall where the theater is, having dinner then seeing the show for 6pm. We have reserved seats so there's no fighting over seats or stressing, and I couldn't be more indifferent to it all now because of this overwhelming negativity. If I end up not liking it, I'm going to be so pissed....

BTM

Man the other threads are just a cesspool. It's all fighting. And not even like civil debates. Just "fuck you I'm right", "no fuck you, I'm right" stuff. Mixed in with a little "Hey let's all laugh at this funny picture somebody made". I never really see that shit in here or in the MCU Community threads. It's always so much more relaxed.

Seriously though, imagine if we didn't have this thread to discuss things in a civilized manner.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Snyder was right treating them like Gods, the criticasters do the same but don't realize it.

Tbh, I fucking love it. What a mess. I hope the movie makes over 1.5b OR under 700m, just for the meltdown.

Seriously though, imagine if we didn't have this thread to discuss things in a civilized manner.

Speaking of which, at what point are we going to open this thread up to spoiler talk? I know it will be awhile, but there is no way I'm going into those threads in the OT, they're just too crazy.. but I would like to talk about some of the stuff with people in this thread in a civil manner.

strafer

Speaking of which, at what point are we going to open this thread up to spoiler talk? I know it will be awhile, but there is no way I'm going into those threads in the OT, they're just too crazy.. but I would like to talk about some of the stuff with people in this thread in a civil manner.

im not touching another BvS thread in the OT for the rest of my life.

This thread is my home.

IconGrist

Lol, I honestly think a spoiler thread should be made in Community since there's not a lot of traffic in that subforum. At least not in comparison to OT proper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom