• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

IconGrist

My daughter is 8 and I'm taking her Friday. But it really depends on what you feel is right. My daughter has a strong grasp on these kinds of things. I wouldn't take her to see Deadpool however.

Just turned 12, but pretty damn violent/dark makes me just want to wait and take him to Civil War instead. Thanks tho.

The movie is not kid friendly at all but a 12 year old boy might enjoy it. I read the Dark Knight Returns when I was 12 and this movie is close to that. The only thing that would concern me is not so much the violence but the fact that the fist half of the film is incredibly slow and it takes a long time before the fighting begins.

a916

Home of work, gonna rest up for tonight!

I did see this though and surprised Hot Toys listened to all the feedback...
qgVhCLQ.jpg

Is this the second iteration, or a revision on the first batch?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
A jump cut maybe? It doesn't bother me either. It's interesting to me that something small like that is enough to take someone out of the experience.

It's not just the jump cuts, the scenes feel disconnected (combined clips) and artificial, so that the overall pacing or flow is uneven.

Just looking out for my little cousin, Bane scared him, but I felt doomsday was just a grunt type villain for him to enjoy getting beat by Heros.

Then again he watched Rises 2 years ago, I think I'm being overprotective of him.
I let him decided What he wants to do.

Thanks guys.

Ashhong

Just looking out for my little cousin, Bane scared him, but I felt doomsday was just a grunt type villain for him to enjoy getting beat by Heros.

Then again he watched Rises 2 years ago, I think I'm being overprotective of him.
I let him decided What he wants to do.

Thanks guys.

Doomsday is more of just a monster while Bane was kind of menacing and creepy. Should take him :)

Ashhong

What's up with that lackluster OT though? The thread came so late, I thought MisterHero was going to have something special for it

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Hope this movie pulls an Age of Ultron; just completely forgotten in month or so. OT is toxic, all those threads and I don't want to click on any of them.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Hope this movie pulls an Age of Ultron; just completely forgotten in month or so. OT is toxic, all those threads and I don't want to click on any of them.
I hope I really like it like you and it makes a ton of money.

a916

Have you seen the way MOS is talked about?

Sorry man, this isn't going to be forgotten until JL... and if JL is divisive as this, look forward to another 2-3 years of this.

Honestly, even though I didn't like it, but I feel bad for the whole crew right now, especially Snyder. The tone on the internet is just pure depression inducing. Now I can understand why many actors just don't care about opinions.

If you want Affleck's opinion on kids and the movies, I think he said he wouldn't take his 4 year old son but he'd take his 10 yo daughter to the movie.

I watch the movie tonight at 9:30 PM. Then I drive for 8 hours through the night to visit family for Easter Weekend. I'll have a lot of time to consider the BvS.

Nobody in my country seems to care about reviews. The theater line it's the longest I've seen. Everybody with their Superman or Batman T-shirts. Hope everyone ends satisfied. Good atmosphere.

a916

This thing is headed towards the 20's real soon on RT.

Man, I guess today is just The Internet v. Snyder day, huh? Dude's getting more threads than Trump.

Knew that throwaway comment about Star Wars destruction was gonna have a field day... people really do love to shit over the dumbest most trivial things.

I wont call out names, but some people here on GAF really enjoying the failure of BvS, critically. They just make shitful posts, with not substance in it so we can't even discuss it. It's really baffling, how can you enjoy something like this so much.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
I wont call out names, but some people here on GAF really enjoying the failure of BvS, critically. They just make shitful posts, with not substance in it so we can't even discuss it. It's really baffling, how you could enjoy something like this so much.

I know at least one guy you are talking about, dude's day is pretty much going into those threads and talk shit, sleep and repeat. Funny thing is; he probably has not even seen it.

a916

I know at least one guy you are talking about, dude's day is pretty much going into those threads and talk shit, sleep and repeat. Funny thing is; he probably has not even seen it.

Pretty pathetic if you ask me... if you have a negative opinion about the movie, there's a good way to go about it and a bad way... some people relishing in this like Faraci are just the worst.

PBY

Banned
I wont call out names, but some people here on GAF really enjoying the failure of BvS, critically. They just make shitful posts, with not substance in it so we can't even discuss it. It's really baffling, how can you enjoy something like this so much.

To be fair - and I totally get it, it sucks when people bag on something you like - its not just posters, the internet is running with this. Polygon and the Onion were hammering this movie today. I think stuff kinda gets meme-ized, and people just take on the tone of the overall internet.

That said, I've been snarky and dumb about this movie in the past, which I actually have stopped being since that was limited to my response to trailers - waiting to finally watch this thing once and for all.

Boke1879

This thing is headed towards the 20's real soon on RT.

Knew that throwaway comment about Star Wars destruction was gonna have a field day... people really do love to shit over the dumbest most trivial things.

Like I said. The movie better be the worst thing in history then lol. But yea WB at this point need good WOM. Nice to see OW is still tracking good. Now you gotta hope for enough people to satire good and recommend it. Even IF I don't like it is still tell someone who's curious or interested to go see it for themselves

Ahasverus

tbh Snyder looks legit sad and depressed in today's intwrview, you can tell he gave it everything. that's why his "I don't know how to do it any other way, it is what it is " pains me a bit. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually was the one quitting JL, and I'd be sad for the man.

tbh Snyder looks legit sad and depressed in today's intwrview, you can tell he gave it everything. that's why his "I don't know how to do it any other way, it is what it is " pains me a bit. It wouldn't surprise me if he actually was the one quitting JL, and I'd be sad for the man.

Maybe his wife is forcing him to keep doing, she is a producer after all.

a916

“Geoff Johns is a brilliant guy. I consider him to be the most valued resource on all things comic book, and every time I like something in the comic I always mention it he’s like oh yeah I wrote that. Now I just think he’s bulls******* me and he says he wrote everything. You know he and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it, and I love him, he’s the best.”
- Affleck on DC All Access

What's this they are working on... hmmm I wonder what.

Now that you've had time to let it sink in, do you stick with your original review and score?

I don't get to see this until tonight at 10:30 EST.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Now that you've had time to let it sink in, do you stick with your original review and score?

I don't get to see this until tonight at 10:30 EST.

Jup, I'm probably in the odd minority though. I'm someone who can really like a movie like Only God Forgives and then dislike something which is beloved by critics/audiences. The movie really worked for me, I understand that it has structural problems and the scenes don't flow into each other nicely. But I can overlook that, it doesn't bother me. I certainly don't have this attitude of; omg that character is not supposed to do that.

For me it has great imagery, great action, great music and an interesting plot I really, really liked. Some scenes are like from a horror movie, and thriller and then action again. It doesn't play it safe and I can really appreciate that. But above all; I just want to be entertained and/or moved (depending on the movie). This had both for me personally.

Jup, I'm probably in the odd minority though. I'm someone who can really like a movie like Only God Forgives and then dislike something which is beloved by critics/audiences. The movie really worked for me, I understand that it has structural problems and the scenes don't flow into each other nicely. But I can overlook that, it doesn't bother me. I certainly don't have this attitude of; omg that character is not supposed to do that.

For me it has great imagery, great action, great music and an interesting plot I really, really liked. Some scenes are like from a horror movie, and thriller and then action again. It doesn't play it safe and I can really appreciate that. But above all; I just want to be entertained and/or moved (depending on the movie). This had both for me personally.

see that lines up with my thinking to a T.
I'm only worried about the full final product not the little things and I'm not going to a theater to look for faults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom