• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Verendus, do you happen to know if the next WB DC games will tie into the DCEU, the Arkhamverse or something entirely new ?

I could totally see WB making a Superhero universe in gaming, which actually would be pretty awesome.

Verendus

Banned
You're asking too much there, friend. They have a couple of superhero games in the pipeline. I'm sure you'll find out how to place them when they're announced.

Hopefully not in the 30s, am I right?!

Forgive me. I shouldn't make that joke.

strafer

You're asking too much there, friend. They have a couple of superhero games in the pipeline. I'm sure you'll find out how to place them when they're announced.

Hopefully one of those is Arkham Origins 2.

Verendus

Banned
On a separate note, have any of you actually seen BvS yet? I noticed two people, but what about the rest of you?

If so, feel free to PM me your theory on what we're getting in Justice League. Just tell me you spotted something that makes you know it's not Aquaman and his little water clan. Maybe make my day and tell me you spotted a reference to The Rock.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member

Too soon man, too soon.

jey_16

Banned
after sleeping on it, i feel like some of the pieces are there in Ben and Gal but the way everything was brought together was so ham-fisted. I honestly don't know if the problem was with the direction or the story, maybe they can fix it for JL....not sure

might go see it again to get a definitive opinion

On a separate note, have any of you actually seen BvS yet? I noticed two people, but what about the rest of you?

If so, feel free to PM me your theory on what we're getting in Justice League. Just tell me you spotted something that makes you know it's not Aquaman and his little water clan. Maybe make my day and tell me you spotted a reference to The Rock.

I PM'ed you.

Snaku

Banned
Hour and a half until my screening at the Smithsonian IMAX, and the line is crazy long. First time I haven't gone to a theater with assigned seats in forever, and actually kinda missed the atmosphere of the line for big movies. Everyone's so excited to see this. Let's do it.

SJRB

Gold Member
So can anyone point me in the right direction to a spoiler-free thread where I can share my excitement without being stampeded by people full of glee on how this movie is the worst thing since World War II and how Snyder should get fired even before the movie is even out?

Because I care little for such.. discussions.

Tabby

I start in 2 hours, I leave in about 10 minutes.

So can anyone point me in the right direction to a spoiler-free thread where I can share my excitement without being stampeded by people full of glee on how this movie is the worst thing since World War II and how Snyder should get fired even before the movie is even out?

Because I care little for such.. discussions.

You're in it baby.

a916

Needless to say, because any sane person saw this coming from a mile away, but Flash will provide comedic relief in JL... because he should... that's his character... not Superman and definitely not Batmans.

Deborah Snyder:
Snyder: Justice League is, you know, a little bit lighter because some of these characters, you have the Flash who tends to be a bit more comedic.

Zack Snyder:
One of the things that lightens is is having a character like Flash who are more optimistic.

IconGrist

Y'know, I've seen so many "this wasn't explained" complaints about BvS that I'm curious if they actually went unexplained or if they were like MoS and they just weren't obviously explained. Because I hear that a lot with MoS and I'm always confused because outside of a couple 'it's a superhero movie' tropes everything was pretty tight I thought.

That's not a defense. Some shit needs obvious explaining and Snyder has a real problem determining what needs to be obvious and what can be subtle.

boinx

Saw the movie and tbh I don't understand why it's getting shit on by the critics so badly.

Yes, the movie has some problems, like the way it's cut in the first half and overall the flow of it all feels kinda sloppy, that I can agree with. But I thought we got some pretty good performances, it looks great and the final battle was pretty awesome.

Y'know, I've seen so many "this wasn't explained" complaints about BvS that I'm curious if they actually went unexplained or if they were like MoS and they just weren't obviously explained. Because I hear that a lot with MoS and I'm always confused because outside of a couple 'it's a superhero movie' tropes everything was pretty tight I thought.

That's not a defense. Some shit needs obvious explaining and Snyder has a real problem determining what needs to be obvious and what can be subtle.

It's very different than Man of Steel. As a comic-book fan, I was able to fill in all the blanks of the story and I understood all the references. But without spoiling anything, the dream sequence with Batman in the desert that you see in the trailer is one of many and there is no explanation whatsoever provided for people who don't read comics and it doesn't tie in any way to the main story of the film. It's very confusing.

And the Justice league stuff is even worse. There is one line of dialog to explain why Wonder Woman is in the movie but it's a very thin excuse and for people who don't know who she is (and in my country that's most people), they will have no explanation about her identity, motivations and powers by the end of the film.

I'm sorry if I'm being very negative in this thread and I'm glad some of you enjoyed it but I was really let down and I'm really puzzled how a major studio could even release such a mess of a movie considering the stakes for them.

Edit : I misread your post and I thought you hadn't seen the movie yet. My apologies for my confusing post !

a916

Wait. Why is Terrio a false God?

I just noticed that

xgL4eSV.gif

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member

Saw the first two hours Monday night before the IMAX servers crashed and they couldn't get it working. I'm seeing it again in about 3 hours with some friends.

IconGrist

It's very different than Man of Steel. As a comic-book fan, I was able to fill in all the blanks of the story and I understood all the references. But without spoiling anything, the dream sequence with Batman in the desert that you see in the trailer is one of many and there is no explanation whatsoever provided for people who don't read comics and it doesn't tie in any way to the main story of the film. It's very confusing.

And the Justice league stuff is even worse. There is one line of dialog to explain why Wonder Woman is in the movie but it's a very thin excuse and for people who don't know who she is (and in my country that's most people), they will have no explanation about her identity, motivations and powers by the end of the film.

I'm sorry if I'm being very negative in this thread and I'm glad some of you enjoyed it but I was really let down and I'm really puzzled how a major studio could even release such a mess of a movie considering the stakes for them.

Edit : I misread your post and I thought you hadn't seen the movie yet. My apologies for my confusing post !

No, you're right, I haven't. I am in a few hours. But I haven't avoided spoilers so I pretty much know everything that can be known without the actual experience of seeing it if that makes sense.

What you're saying is something I picked up a few days ago. That there's no "here's what this means" for the general non-comic fan/reader. That's what I mean in regards to Snyder. That there are things you need to explain to the audience that Snyder just sort of ignores under the assumption everyone will 'get it'.

Sucker Punch is by far the biggest culprit of this. ESPECIALLY because he removed a scene from the theatrical cut that actually resolves the main character arc.

ReiGun

It really is shaping up to be just like MoS, where those who like it (outside of fanboys) are mostly just like "s'okay" while those who dislike it really fucking loathe it.

95% sure it'll be the same with JLA.

everyone around the world knows who Wonder Woman is.

Ahasverus

Haha don't look at me. I'm not in love. However 6/10 is very different than 30/100 or such nonsense. It's a bit of a mess, but it's not worse than Batman Forever ffs. It also has a great story, a bit butchered, but still good. I guess in some sense it is for the fans, we fill the blanks instantly.

Raptor

Jup, I'm probably in the odd minority though. I'm someone who can really like a movie like Only God Forgives and then dislike something which is beloved by critics/audiences. The movie really worked for me, I understand that it has structural problems and the scenes don't flow into each other nicely. But I can overlook that, it doesn't bother me. I certainly don't have this attitude of; omg that character is not supposed to do that.

For me it has great imagery, great action, great music and an interesting plot I really, really liked. Some scenes are like from a horror movie, and thriller and then action again. It doesn't play it safe and I can really appreciate that. But above all; I just want to be entertained and/or moved (depending on the movie). This had both for me personally.

I wlll fucking love this movie I think then,.

Cant wait.

:O

No, you're right, I haven't. I am in a few hours. But I haven't avoided spoilers so I pretty much know everything that can be known without the actual experience of seeing it if that makes sense.

What you're saying is something I picked up a few days ago. That there's no "here's what this means" for the general non-comic fan/reader. That's what I mean in regards to Snyder. That there are things you need to explain to the audience that Snyder just sort of ignores under the assumption everyone will 'get it'.

Sucker Punch is by far the biggest culprit of this. ESPECIALLY because he removed a scene from the theatrical cut that actually resolves the main character arc.

Right, but I think Man of Steel didn't have that problem. Love it or hate it, every element of the story was pretty straightforward and easily understandable for non comic-book fans. All the story threads were resolved by the end of the film and all the characters had an introduction and their motivations were clear.

Lombaszko

Going to a morning show tomorrow with my brother-in-law and dad! My Dad, who works in an industrial factory and is pretty low key, is so excited. He told all his friends at work he was taking the day off to see it and he said they are all jealous! One guy let him borrow Justice League: Doom and he's going to watch that. I surprise sent him MoS and he liked it. I'm trying to get him so pumped he'll want to borrow some of my comics.
I think no matter what we're going to have a good time!

everyone around the world knows who Wonder Woman is.

I don't know what country you're from but you are wrong. Most people in my country have vaguely heard the name because of the 70s show but most have no idea who or what she is exactly. I have three 10 year old nephews who love superheroes and I was talking to them last christmas about comics and only one had ever heard about Wonder Woman. I love the character by the way, I'm not a hater, but she's hasn't been relevant for a long time. Hopefully, that will change next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom