• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Cinematic Universe |OT| Superfriends with Benefits

Status
Not open for further replies.

T-Rex.

Banned
Is it safe to venture into the OT, spoiler wise I mean? I want to read some of the reactions but since I'm watching it in a few hours I don't want to read a spoiler.

WhiteWolf

I wonder what a Snyder solo Batman film would be like and if that's what his dream DC film to make was all along. It seems he brought up Batman almost immediately in the production stage.

Ashhong

Cool Wonder Woman shot.

6NGbsnc.jpg

wow this looks amazing. Love the older look of her outfit too

My god didn't know Robin Wright is in this. Will be hard to not see Mrs. Underwood

Ahasverus

Interview with the cast being asked about the reviews.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/141606956421/henry-cavill-fan-response-to-batman-v-superman-is

Cavill - Everyone has their own opinion.
Affleck - Why am I here?
Snyder - This is what I do.
Adams - The fans liked it and we didn't make it for critics.
Gadot - Fuck you, the movie's awesome.
Eisenberg - I don't read that shit anyway.
Affleck looks like he's about to cry lol. I also loved how Zack said he doesn't know how else to do it. Here it is WB, it's a confession, kick him out.

L

Lord Virgin

Unconfirmed Member
Nooo, keep going. I like these movies, no reboot, no firing anyone, no to changing the plans. Just keep it going.

Ninjimbo

Interview with the cast being asked about the reviews.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/141606956421/henry-cavill-fan-response-to-batman-v-superman-is

Cavill - Everyone has their own opinion.
Affleck - Why am I here?
Snyder - This is what I do.
Adams - The fans liked it and we didn't make it for critics.
Gadot - Fuck you, the movie's awesome.
Eisenberg - I don't read that shit anyway.
If I was an actor, I'd probably take Jesse's approach. Snyder looks tired as fuck. Stay strong Zack.

Ashhong

Affleck looks like he's about to cry lol. I also loved how Zack said he doesn't know how else to do it. Here it is WB, it's a confession, kick him out.

Can someone please compile this guy's posts before and after the reviews? I think it would be the most entertaining post in the history of NeoGAF. The 180 you did would make Tony Hawk cry.

Nooo, keep going. I like these movies, no reboot, no firing anyone, no to changing the plans. Just keep it going.

I'm so conflicted on this... I hated the movie but if they do a reboot again or they change their plans it could end up being a lot worse. I just want them to postpone and rethink the Justice League movie and for Snyder to just be a producer but it's probably way too late for that.

Simo

Home of work, gonna rest up for tonight!

I did see this though and surprised Hot Toys listened to all the feedback...
qgVhCLQ.jpg

WhiteWolf

I remember Affleck mentioning in an interview that they know not all the movies in the DCEU will be a success and that won't stop them building a DCEU. I think the worst case is probably a Batman centric universe (much like DC comics is now) with new characters being introduced via Batman team up films. I'd be ok with "phase 1" being Brave and the Bold style as long as the new characters get solo films of their own in the following phases.

rokero

15 minutes away already seated all showings sold out in this theater, I really hope it's good I want DC movies to go on for a long time

SArcher

Banned
If BvS seriously underperforms then I wouldn't be surprised if DC cans Justice League and everything that comes after leaving us only with SS and WW to look forward to.

Bleepey

Can someone please compile this guy's posts before and after the reviews? I think it would be the most entertaining post in the history of NeoGAF. The 180 you did would make Tony Hawk cry.
First review (this time for real) in a mexican newspaper (in spanish obviously)
http://www.milenio.com/firmas/alvaro_cueva_elpozodelosdeseosreprimidos/Batman_vs_Superman-Hombre_de_acero-Ben_Affleck_18_705109492.html
"We're before something strong, powerful, perfect"

So, I'm like, trainwreck you say? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

First official review! :D .. in spanish
http://www.milenio.com/firmas/alvar...Hombre_de_acero-Ben_Affleck_18_705109492.html
"We're before something strong, powerful, perfect". The man is crazy about the movie, says it's one of the biggest movie events on his 29 years of career as a critic.

It's not a children's film, but yes, I am.

Referring to critic who loved it:

None.

I mean, probably most critics won't recieve the movie like he did, even I have lower expectations, but he loved it, he's almost in shock.
Talking about critic' opinions:

Variety Chief called it better than The Avengers. Grace Randolph, notorious detractor, says everyone should see it, there are other few. And the mexican one who sounds like was having babies of the excitement lol

Some of the very first MoS tweets were calling it "abysmal" already haha

That dialogue, SOMEONE KISS TERRIO FOR ME
This thread went to shit. Thank god we on the Community Thread put an embargo on the OT.
The Brasil premiere just happened and apparently went great

The Director's Cut is going to sell gangbusters

Originally Posted by broncobuster

I agree with this as well. As someone who wouldn't call himself a MoS fan, this is a big improvement. I liked it quite a bit. But it's going to be interesting tomorrow and Friday. Real interesting.
Encouraging!

See. Terrio can even fix Snyder.

Very, very cool impressions. Thank you.

The Director's Cut is going to be Watchmen's tier.

2 RT reviews, 2 rotten

3Q0OEj8.gif

Bronson is super, super critic. That he liked it and is actually defending it sometimes gives is good news. He hated MoS.
This is good! I think we found the main problem with the film and it's the editing. Thanfully we're getting a Director's Cut however Terrio said yesterday he's seen a 6 hours cut so imagine how much was cut.
Mayimbe, Angry Joe, Campea, all the usual suspects and most twitter impressions are STILL good.. We did it fams, we did it, we're almost in the sun

anigif_enhanced-buzz-8296-1344235778-6.gif

1458702478429.jpg

This makes no sense. No fucking way.

Shit about true DC films would want the film to flop so a hard reboot will happen

Originally Posted by Rooster12

If you're a true DC fan....you want this movie to flop so the aforementioned above happens.
True. I know I am.

Yeah, the Universe continues, hell, there is even hope to be held for the Director's Cut, as Snyder's are usually very superior to the theatrical. Nothing stops this train, at least until JL.

The dream is dead. Bury it. Consider this mercy.

I know right haha. I'm almost glad it's over, at least this is the last DC movie with such a bad goodwill. Unless JL is still "grimdark" or whatever., and Terrio confirmed it was going to be lighter than BvS

But we can't settle for Transformers status. This must crash and burn. Then be redeemed by the Ultimate Cut, which I guess is going to be reworked heavily now.
I'm watching it tomorrow, very early. I'm having the time of my life, one way, or another.
The reviews are a JOKE. It's like it's a dumb circle jerk of who says the most outlandish film. Flawed? Hell yeah. Badly edited? For sure. Confusing? yep. Good? No. But the antichrist? Hell no.

And the story was good, it tried to have a story at least. Fuck Snyder for botchering the editing, but it's not a disaster by any means. It's more flawed than MoS,but that's because it wants to do so, so so much more than such ambition is nothing short of commendable.

6/10. The Ultimate Cut, if legit good, could add 2.5 points, easily.

I have too much free time. But yeah. what a rollercoaster of emotions.

First box office update:

“Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice” has opened strongly, taking flight with $7 million on roughly 5,900 international screens on Wednesday.

Warner Bros. reported that Spain saw the best results with a 62% share of the top five films, with $1.8 million from 702 screens, ranking as the biggest opening in 2016 ahead of “Deadpool.”

France came in second, grossing $1.7 million with 196,000 admissions on 822 screens for 65% of the top five films

Italy pulled in $1.1 million on 768 screens, capturing 66% of the top five films.

Sweden drew $428,000 on 210 screens and is now the biggest March opening of all time. The film’s debut in Norway marked the top launch of 2016 with $501,000 on 190 screens, while Finland earned $120,000 on 120 screens.

Effect

Question for those that have seen the film regarding the editting. Remember in Man of Steel after Clark talks with the priest and the very next scene he's suddenly hovering above the military. Is that an example of some of the edits in BvS?

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Question for those that have seen the film regarding the editting. Remember in Man of Steel after Clark talks with the priest and the very next scene he's suddenly hovering above the military. Is that an example of some of the edits in BvS?

Yes. The editing is not smooth, but rough, like combining two different clips.

My family got sick, and the weather is crap today, so we cancelled our six tickets for tonight.
My two brothers and I will just go watch another showing some other day...maybe a cheaper one. We had IMAX tickets, which are $19 each...regular tickets are like $11.

Ninjimbo

Why does this bother people?

Rooster12

If BvS seriously underperforms then I wouldn't be surprised if DC cans Justice League and everything that comes after leaving us only with SS and WW to look forward to.

That will be a good thing.

Get new directors for the JL, Flash, Aquaman films etc...

And DCU absolutely needs something like Teen Titans/JL Dark/Metal Men as a breath of fresh air.

Effect

Why does this bother people?
Oh that kind of cut doesn't bother me at all. I was just curious if that was what people might be referring to. Can understand how that could be a bit jarring but its not bad editing I think. I think there is a term for it.

My family got sick, and the weather is crap today, so we cancelled our six tickets for tonight.
My two brothers and I will just go watch another showing some other day...maybe a cheaper one. We had IMAX tickets, which are $19 each...regular tickets are like $11.

sick of tomatoes?

Plan on seeing it within 4 hours, still excited. Bro called me and told me there were people camping outside already. Insane. I hope they're all for the imax 3d show. Planning on getting there 30 mins early. Not too picky about seating, so long as we're together.

IconGrist

sick of tomatoes?

Plan on seeing it within 4 hours, still excited. Bro called me and told me there were people camping outside already. Insane. I hope they're all for the imax 3d show. Planning on getting there 30 mins early. Not too picky about seating, so long as we're together.

When you're coming out of the movie I will probably be just sitting to see it.

That will be a good thing.

Get new directors for the JL, Flash, Aquaman films etc...

And DCU absolutely needs something like Teen Titans/JL Dark/Metal Men as a breath of fresh air.

I don't know about that, the Momoa / James Wan combo is the one glimmer of hope that I have for the DCCU. I want Snyder and Terrio removed from Justice League for sure but I have no problem with the rest of the films that have been annonced so far.

Ashhong

Referring to critic who loved it:

Talking about critic' opinions:

Shit about true DC films would want the film to flop so a hard reboot will happen

I have too much free time. But yeah. what a rollercoaster of emotions.

Haha thanks. Even this, you miss the early days when he had this extreme blind faith for the film and Snyder. What a fun ride this thread has been

If I'm a critic, I'm the worst one in the world, I like everything

I mean, shit, the movie itself is half and half!

And I'm defending it from outright bullshit lies because that ain't right. It ain't a good movie but it's got good shit in it
Would it be okay to take my little cousin? I don't let him watch The Dark Knight because it might be too much for him, but Batman Begins was alright.

Ninjimbo

Oh that kind of cut doesn't bother me at all. I was just curious if that was what people might be referring to. Can understand how that could be a bit jarring but its not bad editing I think. I think there is a term for it.
A jump cut maybe? It doesn't bother me either. It's interesting to me that something small like that is enough to take someone out of the experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom